[Guide] 2.6.7 MOTE6-Fjord-Echoing Fury-Slam +136

6% is 2-3 extra GRs worth of toughness, so in that sense, yeah, it’s certainly not nothing. But that deficit can be made up by running a few diamonds instead of rubies.

(Also, you are so damn tough with this build. Losing that 6% mitigation means you will “only” be like 90% tougher than the next toughest build, rather than 100% tougher…)

Anyway, I 100% agree that for now IB is going to be the best option!

Given a Fjord Cutter that significantly increases SS speed and damage, I do think a shield could be a good option: either Stormshield or Lidless Wall. The extra 10% CHC ties into BR: Bloodshed quite well.

1 Like

My SS will be stronger for S18. watch the tread i created.

Why dont you run your suggestion in NS and go for a +110 grift as a trialrun? It would be good to see other variants on the board.

CoE over BoM is a nice dmg boost but survival at 110s is an issue.

I see you dropped all IAS and AD in favor of CdR to achieve close to permanent ignore pain, but without pride of cassius it may be challenging.

Life regenerstion is another issue as our LpF is gimped by FotVP. We solve this by IAS. It would be nice to see how your performs.

The build given in this guide has players clearing 116 at about 2100 paragon to 118 at similar paragon levels.

1 Like

I’ll focus on it when S18 start.

I’ll try to come back and update it.

1 Like

New game play footage is added. This one is of higher quality and with sound. A very random set of maps but casually clearing a 110. A good gaming setup can make it easier to play apparently (it is still processing so should be online within 30 minutes or so)

3 Likes

Hey, “Sasguash” here, lol. Tried 6MoTE 4IK with Mortick’s. Went with CoE, BoM, and Eye of Etlich for rings and amulet. pretty decent rolls. I could barely do a GR 108 and that was a good rift. With Istvan’s version, I can easily do a 109 with any rift.

Might try the endless walk set to see if that works out better. Rift guardians are painful as fury becomes an issue if the RGs don’t have any minions. The slowness of the IK BB is a problem for ancient fury generation.

Pretty tanky build though. Wondering if squirt’s necklace might work. If we had some more damage this might be a contender, but it looks like the current iteration of MoTE Istvan’s blades with cold slam is still the best slam build overall.

2 Likes

I tried the same. Mote 6 Ik 4 is not as good as the build here. Istvans all the way until fjord cutter rework

1 Like

Don’t see why it wouldn’t. This build is best at range which means you could drop endless walk and pick up CoE for a little extra juice on your damage.

Yes it would definitely work. Need to farm a decent one though.

Not sure if we could keep the 100% buff but
With CoE
1.5×1.5=2.25 effective dps buff at a minimum looks ok at minimum

2×1.5=3 looks very good if we could maximize the neck. damage to 100%.

While the current build is at a 2.

I got a decent amulet and tried it out. Much harder to keep up the buff than I thought but I did notice things dying a lot quicker than with endless walk. Maybe if I get better gear and practice more then squirts will be easier to keep up.

I thought Squirt’s would be easier to keep up as well. I didn’t realize that as soon as you took one hit you’d completely lose the entire buff. I thought it would be more like the Endless Walk mechanic and be a gradual increase/decrease both ways. Instead it’s only gradual when regaining the buff.

In a longer fight, this amulet will be very difficult to maintain where there are unavoidable hits. If you get a high density rift it will be further difficult to avoid damage.

I was looking forward to this as I thought it might free up a ring slot but it’s not looking good right now.

2 Likes

Alright, been testing something. Captain Crimson with MoTE and IB. Work in progress still but showing promise:

This setup drops IK. The resource cost reduction allows for plenty of fury for slamming, but some management is needed.

Cubed RoRG, Pride of Cassius, and FotVP. (Might be able to use Mortick’s with the high CDR)
Wearing Captain Crimson’s belt and pants.
Rings and ammy: CoE and EW set. (I lucked out on the ring a little with RcR). CoE is the go to if you have high paragon, if not maybe go with BoM.

You must have earthen might equipped as a skill and possibly war cry for the fury generation.

Gear must go heavy on CDR obviously, and maybe toss in some RcR.

Healing is a problem with this build. I’m wondering if I should use Mortick’s instead of PoC and switch up the strategy.

Don’t think this would work with other sets (Raekors or WoW) as they don’t get the armor boost MoTE provides.

Going to test some more, will let you guys know.

I agree that Captain Crimson’s in place of IK is the most promising as far as item redesign, but I’m not certain PoC is necessary. The damage reduction from CC’s should be close to what we miss from lightning CotA, especially if we add some more CDR. I’m more worried about losing CotA’s fury gen in that setup. I preferred FC-Merciless Charge over War Cry in the last version, and it could help as an extra generator.

I’d try dropping Bloodthirst for Earthen Might and see if that and extra CDR would be enough to sustain fury. I was pushing with LPH on bracers instead of Vitality and with BoM. Granted that was back during free RoRG season so I’m not sure how all this compares after losing CoE. If we use the cube slot on Mortick’s instead and take Boon of Bul-Kathos it could also open up some possibilities, but Mortick’s will likely shine more when RoRG is not needed.

LpF and IAS are the key for us to life regen. If we go heavy on RcR and CdR, we might need to sacrifice either IAS or AD, both of which may nerf our damage.

EW set is very consisten with this build, since leaps make it drop to about 90% most of the time and becoming 100% right away.

Alright, managed to do a GR 114. Didn’t get a power pylon, but got a conduit to kill a champion pack. Pretty dense rift though so that was good. I also didn’t die once, so this version is pretty tanky. Current set up is on the character War in my profile.

Captain Crimson offers a few benefits to take advantage of:

High cool down reduction means more damage and more WotB and ignore pain uptime. Although I didn’t use PoC, I mainly used IP in tough situations to heal when I needed it. Also with high CDR I used Furious Charge stamina to fill up the entire fury gauge instantly. I was never fury starved through the entire rift (rift guardian is a little more tricky if they don’t have minions, but still manageable. For this rift a had to fight tethrys or however you spell her name). Whenever WotB is ready, activate it. You want as much uptime of this as possible.

Higher RcR means more damage reduction and more slams per full fury gauge, so you’ll be able to slam for a while before needing to recharge.

I had to cube frostburns for more damage, because let’s face it, barbs need it wherever they can get it.

If I had higher paragon I would be able to drop BoM and go with CoE. I tried to use CoE but I would die non-stop. I hate that BoM is mandatory in every build. If we could free up a ring slot that would help.

So yeah, in a nutshell, the new sets allowed me to advance 1 GR. Oh joy.

3 Likes

Looks like it is certainly an option… If I could get the CC plans to drop I would definitely try it for something different…

Nice one man. Congrats. I also tried a version without IK part but with Aughilds… It actually works but not too consistent.

Pro is this guide updated for S18? If not is it possible you can update it? Was planning to bring to Dfans but wanted to wait until it was S18 ready. :slight_smile:

Bass there is no change for now. I did some tests with Aughild… No change. Felix is doing something with crimsons, I dont have it yet but probably main build wont change as it is more consistent.

Apart from those S18 is just some power circles so build is not affected mucb. We already jump into oculus rifts this time one can also jump into red circles.

I played around with Aughilds but I couldn’t really get it to work well. If I went full CDR I could only get around a 70% up time on the ancients. So 30% of the time no damage.

I also tried going the earthen might route for Fury with Lut Socks but then I had to leap too often. So neither attempt seemed to work.

1 Like