GoD6 Buff Feedback after Patch 2

You disagree? Good but then you will then be very disappointed if you expect any build to do over GR135 at 5,000 paragon if you are not considering Blizzards baseline.

Yes as I’ve repeatedly said other classes need buffed and nerfed but it takes time and iteration.

Necro/sader needs nerfs…monks and wd’s need buffed.

But they will be aligned to that baseline of GR135 at 5,000 paragon. They already turned up Uliana’s last patch and it still needs more juice as an example of iteration.

It will come but will always align to that baseline until Blizzard advise otherwise.

Here I do agree with you. Either way, it won’t matter what I say or think, in the end Blizzard will do w/e they do. I’ll probably skip to some other game for next season, shame because it does hurt clans and online communities.

My 2 cents:

We know from past PTRs that this dev team basically always misses the mark on the first go around. So if the first PTR surprised you, welcome to late stage D3. Grab your keyboard and pitchfork, stay awhile and listen :slight_smile:

Enter PTR #2. The player base responds, tests things, and consolidates feedback.

That they still manage to miss the mark is where it gets really frustrating. Rathma is in sorry shape, Firebird is overtuned, WD…well WD has long been the neglected stepchild so everything in its right place there, and GoD is still significantly worse than it should be. I commented to someone last night that watching this dev team try and tune their game is like sitting shotgun while a 16 year old learns to drive. Its either all gas pedal or all brakes… forget the stick shift boys we’re tokyo drifting now!

I said this a long time ago. The continued sloppiness on a flagship title with a hugely dedicated fanbase is a marketing failure. I get that its an impossible task to make everyone happy, but I believe they’d be better off shutting it down than continuing to botch patch after patch. If it drives away players, those players are less likely to purchase D4. You don’t need a fancy equation or spreadsheet to figure that out.

For me I will probably play season 23 for as long as it holds my attention. I’ll do my part to cleanse sanctuary a bit, and then move on. Good luck nephalem, lets hope those untested changes in the final patch notes will be our salvation!

5 Likes

Good…and they will be buffed/nerfed with the baseline in mind…you know…just like GoD DH just got done in PTR?

They have a seriously limited dev resource available to them, literally like 5 people.
The fact they have done balancing for the last few patches and Seasonal themes it is nothing short of a miracle how they continued to support the game in the manner they have.

I think you need to consider that context when saying they miss the mark etc…I feel they have done too with my class (monk) but the other side of the coin is we have had their precious dev time doing things like 4th cube slot etc.

There is only so much they can do.

2 Likes

You reinforce my point here.

From a business perspective D3 is nothing more than a funnel at this point. We are the customers that are already inside the store. Hows it look to you? If the place looks like crap, are you gonna shop there again?

Do you give the restaurant a pass that night because they decided to open up without half their staff? No. you have a lousy experience.

2 Likes

You have over 1100 posts on these forums. You know for a fact that this is not the case - watched this dog chase its tail for at least several literal years and nearly a dozen patches of this pot being repeatedly stirred but never left to settle.

But someone’s build being Thanos snapped and then haphazardly brought back is for the best and next time they’ll actually get an overperforming build in line without creating another.

I almost forgot the :clown_face:

3 Likes

Not trolling. Just a bit more cognisant of Blizzard’s design goals than the people complaining bitterly from an emotional place because they lost their shiny OP toy. Heck, the guy who complained about Vicious Magewraiths killing him on a 127 speaks more about their lack of understanding of how reflecting mobs work: that has absolutely nothing to do with the HA pierce-cap which is the crux of the nerf.

Maybe people should pay more attention to DiE’s build and watch how he plays it then. He clearly knows how to play it better than the people who are complaining they can’t knock back a 127. Maybe it’s good that GoD is now slightly more about the skill level of the player than blind RNG fishing for a MD elite on a Festering woods.

1 Like

That awkward moment when even DiE is in here liking posts with less-than-pleased feedback and people keep holding him up as justification for what happened.

2 Likes

If this patch was to address overall Blizz design goals and balance across class/sets, then they seriously missed the mark. The mid PTR Firebirds can do a 130 with 1k paragon. Necro’s are still going to be the top solo class, and the one competitive DH build (competitive with other classes) gets nerfed…

One of the main reasons DH mains are irk’d is because we have been on the back burner for years. We have theorycrafted and tested and written in depth and well thought out proposals for every patch. Proposals that pretty much get ignored.

Maybe if they had nerfed the most powerful builds in the game, the ones that fill the NS leaderboards with 150 clears, then a DH nerf would be more palatable. But at the moment it is not.

Honestly, I was going to set aside GoD for a bit anyway. I enjoy playing most all of the DH builds and the new Leaderboards are a good excuse to dust off the ol’ Hybrid for a bit and vault around assassinating Elites with S6 just for the fun of it.

To say nerfing GoD for balance while classes are so unbalanced, and have been for such a long time, is a good thing for DH’s is a hard pitch to get much traction with.

10 Likes

I have a theory that Crusader (RoS) and Necro (DLC) have different software architectures to the base vanilla classes and their code bases are more difficult to balance. They’ve struggled to contain AoV and then there was the A6I2 build they failed to account for (similar scenario to T6F4 on PTR).

My experience in the software industry leads me to think they’re rolling with inexperienced D3 development staff as well as fairly new CMs which is an unfortunate combination. I think we need to give them time. I’ve given them until Season 40 to prove me wrong.

There’s always the alternate theory that they’re pushing the necro up because it’s DLC so banned botters etc will always need to buy it all over again. But there are enough people pushing that tinfoilhattery.

You hit the nail right on the head. There is really no challenge or skill in the game any more. It is all about Devs make my DH that when I hit something it dies in one hit.

To me all the GoD set is a mini me Barb on drugs. Yes I do use it. Plus I’m not begging please pretty please make My DH super DH.

You already have people hitting 150 in both non season & season how much more do you want. OH that is right I don’t want work to hard to a 150 GR. Just Nerf my DH to no end.

Ok so quick question here, what dh set will you use upcoming season? and solo pushing Gr’s with? (GoD, UE, shadow?) Seems to me, many other sets can do it easier or simply better… so why would anyone do it with the dh class? (not talking t16, bounties or rifts here)

I don’t understand the enthusiasm of Wudijo. He did a 120, no more. He did not try 130+.

2 Likes

They only recently…in the last few patches…advised us of their design balance goal…the 7 years of D3 that we have had has not all been about balancing…since it is in the hands of this team (formerly Classics) they have recently started to balance to that baseline.

They just need time.

The problem with reversing the goal post on max clears is that it gives those who have leveled up their gems in the past an unfair advantage.

Imagine no build clears past GR135 and we all have to grind out 1%s to get from 140>150. It’d take substantially longer to augment your gear.

5 Likes

I performed a quick analysis of the worldwide non-seasonal leaderboards for era 13 on Maxroll. In short every class has a sizeable number of players who have exceeded GR 130 with less than 5000 paragon:

Necromancer 189
Demon Hunter 1296
Barb 225
Crusader 121
Monk 135
Witch Doctor 195
Wizard 42

Obviously the Demon Hunter is the standout figure there, as it’s significantly higher than any other class. However I don’t think you can necessarily take those raw figures on face value. The Demon Hunter figures would be impacted by a number of hidden factors…

Obviously the missile dampening interaction will be making DH figures far higher than they would normally be. Finding a good map with multiple MD elites can result in far higher clears., skewing the data. Of course the sheer popularity of the build would also contribute to the higher numbers. More players playing the build equates to more higher level clears.

This is why I would have liked to have seen Missile Dampening disabled for a season and then check how the build was tracking before any balancing decisions on the power of the build were made.

5 Likes

they will never remove missile dampeners

GoD6 definitely needed a buff.

“IT IS NOT OKAY” = :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

Wudi’s “casual pushing” is our best possible effort and then some. Also when you have virtually unlimited keys things are easier to overlook.