GoD nerf must be reworked

This nerf really hits hard. I’m sure its a valid reason to reduce the number of pierces.

I don’t care if they reduce the number of pierces, but please do compensate that -for example by higher damage output and / or shooting much more projectiles.

1 Like

It seems to be in every walk of life that instead of decreasing or increasing in small increments, it’s almost an all or nothing mentality. Something always suffers with that implementation. To find balance, radical choices rarely if ever achieve that.
There is too much Deja Vu in this game and not the good kind.

5 Likes

Why are you comparing season with non-season? S22 had shadow clones and a 4th cube slot to help out. Go play some live non-season and PTR non-season and get back to us.

1 Like

Among other things, the equipment I used to clear that rift is not on my live non-season character. Getting a precise number is not really the point, and it’s not like I’d get the same rift on PTR and live anyways.

1 Like

So the 10-15 tier nerf mention is more for dramatic effect then, rather than a truer apples-to-apples comparison?

After playing S22 and then playing non-season, GoD’s capabilities are already going to feel nerfed in comparison, even before accounting for the PTR 2.7.0 nerf. Let’s not lump that together and blame it solely on the PTR nerf.

Unless, that is indeed the reason the devs applied the nerf.

There’s a reason why I specified a broad range. I think 10 tiers is a conservative number - in an earlier rift where I tried 130 on PTR I could not stay anywhere near even on transformers, a mob type I was usually able to build a small lead on in 146. Yes, the 146 had mantle of channeling, but a 25% damage boost is pretty minor in terms of GR tiers (about 1.5) and the shadow clones don’t really do anything useful at that level. Some of that is given back because non-add bosses are not impacted as much by the piercing nerf so killing the boss is (relatively) faster at the build’s new level.

The point of this post wasn’t to arrive at a precise number, but I at least put some thought into saying 10-15 tiers. It might even be more - my current-season setup could clear 150 if you throw enough missile dampeners at it (the 146 was in 12:22). But without a missile dampener it can clear well into the 140s and in the PTR it can maybe reach low 130s.

The point being, I’ve played A LOT of GoD over the last two seasons. I pushed 141 in season 21 and 146 in season 22. That is THOUSANDS of keys, I know how the build feels and plays better than most. The pierce limitation has an EXTREME impact on the performance of the build, and claiming that it’s because of the lack of a season theme is simply false.

4 Likes

I’m not solely putting it on the lack of season them either, merely reminding to eliminate that variable to make the comparison. How far did you get in non-season after S21?

Also try Buriza-Do Kyanon in PTR to see if it increases the maximum.

You don’t need to eliminate every variable if the difference is large enough, which it clearly is. You’re just arguing for the sake of it.

Tested this on live stream. It does not.

Now you know how Wizards have felt for the past year or 2.
Archon nerfed, Star Pac destroyed, Channeling nerfed, Twisters and Hydras still too weak.

1 Like

This is one of those lessons that you should just leave good things alone.

We got all these guys with their calculators and spreadsheets complaining about how GOD is OP when it’s just the most popular set. When a lot of people play the set you will fish a lot more dream GRs (back to back Festering or Battlefields) that let you clear 10 levels higher every 500 keys. Then we got CMs who are too lazy to read the 100s of posts saying GOD is fine and fun to play.

The CMs then present to the devs this fringe group views as representative of the player base. Next step is toss it to the intern coders who created this present fiasco.

So sad.

Just get rid of the Missile Dampners and you will nerf it the right level to reduce the fishing clears.

What a waste of everyone’s time.

10 Likes

Blizz really puts the dread in Gears of the Dreadlands in 2.7.0, that’s for sure.

Agreed. totally. FIx the MD Mechanic not ruin the set.

They removed abused, coarse, super strong builid from the game. Whatta suprise!

They doing it few years already, why u even discuss about? Adjust to new things and switch your main, all cry about re-nerf will hit the wall.

This one dev firmly called “d3 blizzard care section” made his jobs, he ate his burger and job is done in this field. Dont expect “re- something”, you didnt learnd anything after all this years and “numbers”?

Change your class and move on.
At least we got something new still, so patch is 10/10 for me still.

/e flagged myself

Why are you even replying? This was a uncalled for nerf that was pointed towards a mechanic for MD on elites by developer notes. Why are you even commenting? This is a huge hit to a new set that was for fixing one thing on a elite affix but broke the set. Wasn’t meant to break the set.

3 Likes

Mostly cuz i know how it goes, nothing changed.

Im strongly against god nerf, but they nerfed it. Deal with it.

They have fixed issues with sets on PTR’s I’ve been in this game since 2012, and they’ve made changes. The whole point of this forum area is Feedback on what was suppose to be a fix for MD but affected the whole set. There is no point on what you are saying. This is for feedback not complain about people giving feed back on the mechanic of the sets interaction now.

3 Likes

Like I said to someone today, this feels a bit like classicisms, how long as DH have we been waiting for a powerful set? How many of the other classes have it. I feel the cool kids complain since they have some competition now, and we get punished for it. We are one of the weakest classes spinner don’t even really have to touch you and your dead, and elite sand dwellers just have to look at us and we die. Not all players play all the classes, they play their preferred class, and while we get the nerf, they are smiling all the way to the top. I am not a top player, last season was my first time ever clearing 130, this season 133 because of the 4th slot, I don’t have a high amount of paragon, like I said on another page not everyone has that numbers or even get to it in season, on the ptr I copied mine 4300 didn’t change my build, and couldn’t clear 115 not even talking about anything higher. let the sunshine on DH as well, we are part of the community

7 Likes

I totally support undoing dh and wd nerfs. Otherwise the balance between classes is going to be ridiculously bad. One class with 5 builds than can clear gr150, and they will probably add tragoul in season 24 to the long list of necros than can clear gr150 and nerf barb or something and say whirlwend too op or some similar lame comments. Also how is it they are so bad that the problem they are trying to adress every time becomes even worse? Talking about MD. And another rhetorical question, anyone else ejoys that dh is basically a hungering arrow class right now ? No diversity no nothing. It is every build with HA and maybe an impaler that offers an alt damage source.

10 Likes

yea dh is and was always on the lower list of the classes
necro isnt the only build in the game, but it seems like it tbh
feel like partens giving a child something, then the friends or siblings are unhappy, so they take it away again and leave us with nothing

2 Likes