GoD nerf must be reworked

I cleared 146 with my GoD build in-season. I just used the same setup on PTR and barely managed to clear 125. With fishing I could do low 130s, so it’s somewhere between a 10-15 tier nerf.

There are two issues with how the nerf was applied:

1. It impacts the build’s ability to kill trash beyond the presence of a missile dampener. The limit on the number of hungering arrow pierces is too low.
  2. It does NOT impact the interaction between devouring arrow, the ninth cirri satchel, and missile dampener on other builds which use hungering arrow. Unhallowed Essence/Hungering arrow will still be fishing for missile dampeners and still get the same runaway damage effect, and it is not much weaker than GoD.

There are two ways to fix this:

1. Dramatically increase the pierce limit (10-20, most likely) to not so severely limit the build’s ability to clear trash without the presence of a missile dampener. OR limit the number of pierces per enemy on an individual arrow.
  2. Apply the nerf to the quiver, NOT the GoD set. This prevents a situation in which the UE/HA build will have the same missile dampening fishing problem that GoD/HA currently has.
45 Likes

As I just said in another post below. It’s complete garbage at the moment even at 4.8k paragon I feel like I’m throwing cotton balls at mobs.
It HAS to be relooked at and reworked some how. Its not even a t16 set.

13 Likes

I never fished for GRs or farmed paragon, was pretty casual in s22. 128 clear at 1650 paragon.

Lost elusive ring in cube
Flavor of time put on follower
Hellfire equipped to character (archery bonus, better stats than my flavor of time)
Archery --> sharpshooter in passives (didn’t need any toughness or cheat deaths)

Tried a 115, felt substantially slower than 128 did in s22. Didn’t really get good rift maps but my timer was almost double my progression, didn’t care to finish the rift.

Maybe it can be a speed build for key farming? But UE was already sufficiently good at that before the introduction of this set, GoD being fast at t16 only saved time having to get the UE gear and didn’t add anything new for rift farming

1 Like

I kept my follower setup the same (no extra items). Lost mantle of channeling, gained ~700 paragon. Overall probably about a tier weaker, maybe a little more. That’s why I approximated the nerf amount.

2 Likes

Right, and your 5k paragon ++ on the LB, I’m 5k as well having same problem just copied my s22 dh over and tried again. I feel like I’m not even wearing weapons.

5 Likes

agreed, that’s how I tested mine. I did an ok’ish 120 on NS about 8 min. Tried out PTR and struggled to finish 120 in time.

4 Likes

So no more Spinarooni Strafoppotamuses being 3/4 of every pub party? THANK GOD for that.

2 Likes

The nerf really feels heavy handed. I’m barely at 1500 paragon and even with transferring several items over to my follower and trying to optimize my build I still had several minutes added to what I should have steam rolled. I figured I’d lose some steam with no seasonal theme or 4th cube slot but I did add 700 paragon so it should have evened out a bit. Still though. Yikes.

3 Likes

Well there goes my augments. What a waste of time.

This nerf is one of the dumbest things I’ve seen in a while.

And I’ve been around since 2012

17 Likes

Like that time they nerfed Trail of Cinder rune for Vault in D3 Vanilla?

It’s clear that Blizz never actually understood how to really balance a physical ranged classes. And having them unveil Rogue as their 4th character on Diablo IV, I too am skeptical at them pulling it off.

Getting back on point, as many have tested (I myself have yet to but will intend to later), this nerf destroyed the build as a whole all thanks to ONE interaction with an affix that is so rare that I have a better chance of encountering 2 pylons within the same area of a GR level.

13 Likes

Looking at the LB for DH is just sad, the amount of paragon and how low the GR’s pushs are. RIP DH. I really hope they fix GoD set just fix the interaction of a elite mechanic. I’m trying to push hard as I can on GoD but it’s going know where and I’m at 5.3k paragon atm.

6 Likes
  1. Simply remove missile dampening from the elite pool
15 Likes

GO DH is not doing damage anymore. I did 133 on EU NS and tried 130 on PTR, I was not able to kill any mobs to do a progress…

The nerfed is bugged, maybe it should be Hungering Arrow can pierce only 2 times ON THE SAME TARGET, this would be somthing else. Pierceing 2 times at all makes GOID set totally useless.

Anyway, even the fact that a PTR was released with this nerf make me wonder who is implementing thinks for D3 now? do they not perform ANY single test? really, the build is not doing damage at all with that nerf, is easy observable.

13 Likes

Ok, maybe I’m a slow learner, but I just want to be clear about the changes.

Instead of phishing with GoD for open maps with high monster density and elites with missile dampening, we’re now phishing with M6 (or UE6) for open maps with high monster density and elites with missile dampening?

3 Likes

Yup GoD is dead. Confirmed. :grimacing:

8 Likes

yes. They destroy a set when there are other 2 with the same “issue” - missile dumpening.
the fix is obvious, just remove Misiile Dumpening affix from tha game. anyway elites can have it only when a range char is played, is a bonus for player and not a problem like an elite affix should be, cause big lags in public games.

8 Likes

Man this is so sad the more I try to push it on the LB it’s just unplayable and such a GREAT build it once WAS! And so fun. Please fix the mechanic or fix the MD mechanic not ruin the entire GoD Set. GR100’s feel like 115s when trying to just do solo speeds and ripping out my paragon a bit lower from 5.3k to 1.4k

7 Likes

Correct. And with testing tonight, I can confirm that the missile dampening damage increase has not been nerfed for UE.

I have been a DH player from season 5 to current with over 7400 hours played and when I PTR copied my character I have 4.2K paragon. This nerf to DH is uncalled for. You bring out a set and after 2 season later you make it so that we can even run GR 120’s with fully augmented gear. I am beginning to believe that all you want to do is make people play necro. why bring out a set than make it so you can’t even run it? If this keeps up you will lose alot of DH players. Please make this right

18 Likes

They’re completely different teams, Einstein…