General tips - answers most questions (suggestion)

Just a thought, how about making a single thread regarding all the typical questions we have seen in the old forums.

Questions from the past:

1. Can I transfer my X Diablo 3 game saves/data to Y console. Answer - NO.
  2. Why does this nemesis creature keep killing me in Diablo 3 on the ps4 and how can I stop it? - Answer: Play hardcore mode (he will never spawn in hard core).
  3. What happens if I die in hard core mode. Answer: your character is perma dead and all gear on it is “gone”.
  4. Why cant I start a game at a higher level? Answer: beat the campaign mode once or reach level 70.
  5. Why can’t I get my season claims, i did the first goal! - Answer: there are no gifts for doing the first goal of the seasons, typically you get them completing the 2nd+ tiers.
  6. I completed the season tier and I can’t figure out how to claim. Answer: click the square button to claim ** warning ** you can only claim each tier once! - you can complete it on soft core but you are able to claim on hard core.

I’m sure Homer and Eddie can add way more to this…

4 Likes

#1 is technically yes and no. They can still go from Ps3>Ps4 X360>X1
#2. Nems doesn’t show up in Grifts either unless i’m mistaken.
#4, campaign is not needed for seasonal play, FYI
#6. To clarify, Haedrigs gifts are account wide, unlike anything else that is broken up into modes (hard core, soft core etc.), So only one set can be picked up for free for your whole account.

#7. Can we get past seasonal stuff from PC? Not ordinarily, but it seems as though they could be recycling through seasonal rewards possibly. But as of right now, if you started D3 for Season 16, then anything from 10-15 are unobtainable.

#8. Where are the ingredients to make hellfire ring of (mainstat)? They are no longer relevent to this game since Reaper of Souls came out. Just worry about the Level 70 ring.

#9. After completing a Greater Rift Level 70, You are automagically given a Primal piece. The ability to get primals afterwards is given for non seasonal as well, so in non season, you would not have to complete a GR70 to get a primal.

#10. Blood shards do not stack completely on Console. You will have to transport back and forth, spending blood shards, to pick up the rest that dropped.

#2 - only greater rifts (I’ve seen many nems in normal rifts)
#4 - but seasonal play you are still limited on which game level you can start at until you hit level 70 during the seasonal play.

true, but a lot of people think they have to play campaign, thats why i mentioned that, especially if its their first time playing D3, they jump straight into season to play campaign when its not needed.

added a few more.

Why do I seem to do less damage at the start of a GR?

NEPHALEM FLAMING GLORY ORBS

Sorry, couldn’t resist.

2 Likes

:skull_and_crossbones::skull_and_crossbones::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I’m struggling to see how to quote someone on these forums…can anyone advise?

highlight the text, and as soon as you highlight it, you’ll see the button to quote above the text. EVE forums are similar to this, so i’m used to all this.

1 Like

Brilliant thanks but what strange way to quote…

The old forum worked in similar fashion.

Alternative method:
While replying a post, you may click the :speech_balloon: button on the toolbar to quote the whole post.

I know rigjt lol… Thats why i hate starting a GR with Hulks and zombies. Why??? Cuz its always a barren wasteland with those monster types and takes a while to group up a decent pack

Should probably explain exactly what Nemesis is… which is a monster that can spawn when you, someone in your game, or someone on your friend’s list dies. It can then randomly show up in your games. Killing it rewards a Gift for the person it originally killed and at least 1 legendary item.

2 Likes

No it didn’t…you had a “Reply with Quote” button on old forum, you did not have to highlight the text you wanted to quote.

The old forum supported both:

• highlight text, and click the “quote” popup button (below the text highlighted).
  • click the “Quote” button to quote whole post.

Same for new forum.

• highlight text, and click the “quote” popup button (above the text highlighted).
  • Click the “Reply” button and then click this button quote whole post, as shown:

Edit: in addition, the new forum has a link back to the post you are replying. You don’t need to quote my post if you are replying to me. I know that you are talking to me (if you use the “Reply” button). Also, I’ll get notification.

1 Like

Yeah both works here…great! Never knew about the old forum way of highlighting post but great we can do now!

Appreciate the reply!

Hi there… I’m new to posting questions on the forums here and I don’t know if I’m doing this right… but anyways… I got hooked on diablo 3 in season 15 on Xbox one… now I’m really getting into it… I’m reading a lot of the walkthrough build strategies guides for the different characters and I’m seeing a lot of things about trading with people you’re playing with IN SEASON so now I’m confused

I know I can’t trade using the mailbox but a lot of the guides say you can have your “team mates” drop items that get past the smart loot censor that they don’t need… or even if they have a duplicate of the set item you need to complete your build… I’ve read a bunch of posts from blizzard and other players saying you can’t loot share on console… does that mean you can on PC? And if so… why do they get to and we can’t?

Especially for season 17 patch notes… I noticed a lot of the “quality of life” improvements were only applicable for PC version… why are the extra stash spots and other perks available for console players too?

*** please note: I have only ever played on Xbox. I have not played or have any experience regarding pc version… other than watching YouTube walkthrough videos that are obviously playing on the pc version.
I really would appreciate any feedback. Thank you.

That is PC mate, you can do that on PC in that you can drop gear that you find in a group and others can pick it up…I think you have 1 or 2 hours to do so after you find the item.

We cannot do this on console…there is zero trade on console in Seasons.

Blizzard disabled all trade on consoles in Seasons for the simple reason hat our saves are offline meaning it can be abused to dupe items.

PC saves are on online servers and you cannot dupe.

3 Likes

Blizz in their infinite wisdom, tied stash, inventory etc to the memory of console. The more stash we have, the more chance we have of severe lagging on our systems. Initially we were getting more stash, but due to lagging, they decided no.

2 Likes

Yeah so when you fire up the game and it loads your save it loads your inventory into memory…in groups it has to load everyones inventory this 4 x 350 stash space is a fair amount and the poor console cannot cope with any more.

To be fair PC will most likely not get any more too as they are reaching their limits too.

1 Like

Watch this video everyday…too funny!

2 Likes