Game work without cheaters?

I don’t think you need to worry about this at all. I think people keep confusing Cross-Progression as “Cross Play”
It has been stated multiple times that there is no “Cross-Play”, each environment it’s own ecosystem. PC users will be playing with PC users only.
Cross Progression means that a user with copies of Diablo 2 on different platforms will be able to use Battle net to port over their single player character’s to the other platform so they can continue to play on a different system.

One of the RMT sites I frequent already has the D2R item sections up. There will just be a lot more players but bots will bot.

You literally think this is going to be the one game on the internet with no exploits? I dont understand some peoples logic.

I’ve wondered the same thing. I think we all took a few things for granted.

I made a post Is D2R a time sink that most aren’t ready for? - Diablo II: Resurrected / General Discussion - Diablo 3 Forums (blizzard.com) which quickly degraded into the typical toxic replies.

I think the game will start off very slowly and that may be a problem for new player retention… but the only thing we can to is wait and see.

1 Like

No where does it say "Single player " all it says on the D2R page is this

" Planned Feature – Cross-Progression

Keep Your Progress Wherever You Play With the planned cross-progression feature, you’ll be able to access your characters and keep their progress wherever you play Diablo II: Resurrected.

Bring your Characters and loot across all supported platforms.
Retain your level, quest, progress, skills, and talents.

Cross-progression requires a linked Battle.net account and separate Diablo II: Resurrected purchase for each supporting platform. "

Which means you can take the items you have gotten off of one platforms play session and then use them on another platform as long as you have a copy for each . So ,Say you play on console for a while then take all your stuff to play on PC for a while then back to console if you want.

I’ll be hosting my own baal runs -fully human-

While I can understand from that wording it might “seem” like it. But there have been multiple article’s posted over the past few months which clarify this is not the case.
I can’t place hyperlinks, but I will provide some direct quotes you may search out. These are taken directly from the article I wanted to link for you. Such as:
“It’s something we looked at, for sure, as part of looking at cross-progression, but the cross-progression was the clearest indication of what we should be doing. And so cross-play is something we continue to look at. But it’s not something that’s going to be in there at launch.” - Rod Fergusson (Executive Producer)
and
“Cross-play was a cool idea, but it just wasn’t the right fit for the game since the game has different UIs, control schemes, and stuff like that,” he said. “We brought in cross-progression because it felt right, and we wanted to make sure that no matter what console, or platform a player wants to play on, they are going to get the best experience.” - Matthew Cederquist (Game Producer)

Console players in mixed games would have a severe disadvantage grabbing drops before people with mice did. Just wouldn’t be fair without pLoot, and Lord knows we don’t want to mention that at all in polite forums… :wink:

1 Like

I have never ran any cheats in diablo 2. people will be fine

haha, digital anti-vaxxers :smiley:

1 Like

You are confusing cross platform play IE console and PC in the same game. With the ability to move your account across platforms which is what they are talking about. Taking your account and moving it from one platform to another as long as you buy a copy for each platform.

1 Like

Well, I mean think about it… Antivirus programs scan your memory and file system… They submit samples for further analysis… Similar to what old school Warden did… But Warden was labeled spyware. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yep. And there are a few I don’t trust at all.

You know what Agmo?
You may be correct. I was miss-interpreting what you were describing. But at the same time I thought. There’s no way they would want console players to be able to migrate items from a different economy, right? That just sounds way to exploitable.

I mean… baal is easy with multiple people steamrolling the waves. There will be plenty of baal run games. Getting to him is pretty fast with teleport, as well. It’s just going right relative to the WP you pop in at. No need for bots. Sure, bots cut some time off, but not worth the sacrifice of a destroyed economy and meaningless gear.

I used the same character on PS4 and PC last Beta. Played with friends on PC and later on PS4.

It is way too exploitable, but it will be possible. You can use the same character on both platforms, if you have the license on each. So, if a console exploit is found (and based on D3 they will be - even on the new and improved battle.net 2.0), you can generate those items on console, leave it in the stash, then it’s available to trade in both console and pc economies. :confused:

I was totally in the wrong on this. I was blinded by my own sense of “what? no they would never allow that”. So I assumed it wasn’t the case. But, this is how we learn. lol

3 Likes

Yup, That is the thing that has me worried at this point. I actually had to go reread the main page once it dawned on me to make sure I was remembering it right. What they are saying is the ability to bring everything from one platform to the other and back again .

Which if the hacking of items on the console version of D2R is as easy as it was for the console version of D3 . Creates a huge nightmare and basically destroy’s the whole game for most people.

I know nothing about current D3 gameplay, as I resigned in the first year or so after release. I don’t understand what “hacking” of items in an account-bound system means. Forgive my ignorance, but could you explain that?

I was assuming this problem on consoles would mean it’s easy to dupe items in D2R. Is that what you were alluding to?

Thanks.

The way the data is stored on console IE client side they being the client/ players are able to go onto the data and alter/ hack it. IE take a weapon that would have 1 socket and make it have 4 or take a weapon that should do say 3k damage on the top end and make it now do 300k on the top end.

Now those are just hypothetical hacks but people have been doing just that type of thing to item’s on console D3 for years now. And on those types of scales.

Which if the console version of D2R turns out to be as easy for them to hack and they have cross console ability to move your account there would be nothing stopping the hacker’s from flooding the game with the hacked item’s.

1 Like