Game work without cheaters?

Ya I was going to say the same, the only other step touches privacy heh.

Edit: in all honesty if they could guarantee control I would send them any fluid they want through a DNA trace machine they provide…if it meant a perfectly human economy.

Edit2: hell if they then figured out a way to take my consciousness and pop me in a necro I’m down provided it was visually pleasant

1 Like

LOL!

OK… Click [Login]… “Please hold out your arm for blood verification.”

Thump Thumpholds out arm

Jab OWWWWzzers!!1!1

“Login unsuccessful, try again.”

Two weeks at the next doctors checkup, he looks at your arm and raises an eyebrow.

I guess with no “realm down” problems, maybe they’re encouraging even more botting? :confused:

Nah that’s just patch work fixes used in old battle.net as it couldn’t really track much of anything.

New system is definitely looking harder.

The last ladder I played someone helped me gear up using D2JSP and the game went way to quick.

I prefer a self found experience. So I think without the cheaters, the botters and the dupers the game will work much better.

But we live in an age where people expect instant gratification and because of this we will eventually get the cheaters, botters and dupers sooner or later who will cater to the players who want the best stuff as soon as possible.

Sadly Blizzard surrended the battle in Diablo 3 by not trying to detect them by itself. Ban bots based only in reports by other players its not enought. What is needed is a more efficient detection method that is not based only on community effort.

1 Like

My first character is almost always a sorc or necro and I solo till he’ll act 2ish if I want to speed up or keep going till the end.

Feels more rewarding slogging it knowing you are where you are because of your work. Later characters I can justify being there and doing that. I’ll do it in D2R too.

1 Like

Forgive my ignorance (gave up on D3 quite early), but what use is a bot in an account-bound allocation system?

1 Like

I mean, the entire premise that the player base (paying for the game) should be responsible for ‘finding bots’ is ludicrous.

Activision-Blizzard’s Y:Y is what it is - they could even hire human in game GMs to check games, and take action accordingly. That they don’t says a lot about their stance imho - they are complicit.

2 Likes

They need a bounty. Report a bot, get an Ist! :smiley:

p.s. If that player is later determined to be a bot.

3 Likes

Every new season part of the fun is your ranking performance, which is totally unmotivated by the constant use of Farm Bots getting items and paragon level.

1 Like

Yeah, and if you try false reporting, your rune drop rate is reduced by 95% for a month. :stuck_out_tongue:

No.

2 Likes

yes

why do I need to type more?

2 Likes

Sometimes a good reward in this case would be feedback from them as Valve usually does with Counter Strike.
There when your report results in a suspension you receive a response from Valve thanking you and confirming that the player has been punished. Sometimes a lack of feedback can result in a player’s disinterest in using the reporting system.

2 Likes

One way to minimize bots is to require a verification code every hour or so. The code is received through Battle.Net Authenticator App on a different device to ensure it can’t be traced by bots or scripts.

Oh wait… do you guys not have phones? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hmmm… Maybe add a thumbprint or face recog? Hmmm…

d2:R will likely have cheats but blizzard should be on top of them for a good while, at least until sales start to slow down and it no longer becomes cost effective to keep “all” cheats out.

at the end of the day it all comes down money, is it possible for blizzard to keep an designated anti-cheat team that goes toe to toe daily with all the players trying to create new hacks, yes it is… but its expensive

Eventually its not really cost effectively for the company to spend the money to “keep up” with the cheaters.

because blizzard has to pay people to stop them and the people trying to do it are going to FOR money or just for fun.

so blizzard will always be fighting a losing battle.
but i expect them the keep up the fight for a while.

generally its not too expensive to stop “most” bots, but its that last few that are the hardest to really stop

PS also i really do appreciate you trying to use a translator, it didn’t translate perfectly but it shows you are at least trying to be helpful and courteous, even when you don’t speak the language, rather than trying to make us all type your post in a translator.

2 Likes

It dawned on me today that the game will be filled with a zillion hacked items in no time flat. The simple reason being cross platform. D3 on console is a joke of hacked items and took basically zero time for the players to figure out how to do it .
As far as I can tell they will be able to do it once again given very little time and now you will be able to take your console items onto PC and visa versa as long as you buy a copy for each.
Not to mention there are ways of “Perming” Dupes to this day ( I will not go into it you either know or you dont ) So,If those ways still work you could end up with majorly hacked items that are “Legit” on Bnet and warden will not spot/find and remove them.

Well, thanks Agmo, for ruining my day! :wink:

Seriously, I hadn’t thought of this. This could obliterate the economy in no time, meaning I only have to play a short time to get my Hammerdin decked out. Meaning I’ll boredom quit in a few days. :confused:

This can NOT be good for player retention, meaning Blizz drops patching so much sooner.

Maybe a good day to start drinking early… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Honestly, I had not even thought about it myself and it really has me worried at the potential chaos it could cause.

1 Like