Game Gold Uses in D2:R

Other than buying potions, scrolls, repairing gear, gambling, etc. I was wondering if somehow game gold could be used for other things. A suggestion could be about the spawning of DClone. Maybe if you get a certain amount of gold you can gamble a low chance of buying a certain item that could spawn DClone when you sell it/use it, or at least has a part in spawning DClone. I think there should be more ways that gold could be used other than just our normal D2 way of using gold mainly for repairing, and gambling. What do you all think about the game gold uses in D2:R? Keep it the same as Original D2, or have it used for other things in D2:R? :slight_smile:

Since they do need to rework the way dclone spawns that is an interesting idea for sure.

1 Like

Refreshing merchant inventory screens at merchants for gambling and looking for whites/blues

Make it cost gold to refresh

Beats just leaving town and coming back or exiting merchant and re-entering gamble screen

4 Likes

Maybe gold could be used to rent or lease another mercenary, with a choice of certain items already equipped?..then you could have 2 mercs lol

1 Like

Well in Hell difficulty, I remember the cost of reviving mercs was pretty high sometimes. Also it was easy to drop everything you had on repairs to expensive gear. I can’t say I ever truly had a ton of extra gold laying around.

5 Likes

The merc is a big one. Depending what gear you have them set up with they can go down a lot and they are pretty expensive high level lol.

I usually play HC so the gear repair isn’t very relevant. I gambled for a lot of crap though and it was an easy huge gold sink.

2 Likes

2 mercs would be nice! :smiley:

Yea, you mainly get magic, or rare items gambling. Chances according to the Arreat Summit. The items you receive will be from most common, to most rare: Magic Items, Rare, Sets, Uniques. Set and Unique Items are extremely rare. The chance for Uniques is 1 in 2,000 (0.05%) and 1 in 1,000 (0.10%) for Sets. The chance for Rares is 1 in 10 (10%). Magic Items are 1/~1.1 (89.85%).

You will have a lot more gold in this game than in D2 because of auto gold pickup. Past a point in D2 I would only collect high value gold piles and I would ignore gold entirely if I was doing Andy runs for example. Now all the gold gets vacuumed, we’re gonna have way more to play with.

2 Likes

Humor me as I have not played D2 in recent patches. Is the gold cap still in place? Even single player with manual gold pick up, I was often at cap so had to spend it gambling just to get rid of it. I did get my Magefists and Frosties that way!

1 Like

Considering they’re removing the purpose of mule characters, which is how players would store their extra gold (provided they gave the mules a couple level ups, which wasn’t hard, since you would turn old builds into level 99 mules), I would be hard-pressed to think they will keep the gold cap in the stash.

1 Like

not true at all most people get most of there gold from selling high value white items not from gold pick up unless you’re doing trav runs with a GF char in which you will be grabbing all the piles doing that anyways normal gold piles dont give you much gold at all

1 Like

Yea. From Arreat Summit:
Your character can carry 10,000 gold per level. For example, a 10th-level character can carry up to 100,000 gold. A level 99 character can carry 990,000 gold. The maximum amount of gold a character can carry with stash is 3,490,000, at level 99.

1 Like

Increase the gold limit before we find out a usage. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gold should not be stackable.

2 Likes

Nerf finding gold would be the best option.

1 Like

Terrible suggestion imo.
My favourite passtime is gambling and crafting

1 Like

Bring on an in-game Trading Post. Somewhere around 20k gold to post item(s) with a short ISO message, the gold is non-refundable if post is cancelled. The gold cost will keep people from posting junk items and also give gold a bit more value.

2 Likes

I’ve heard this suggestion a couple times, but I think having any cost associated with posting, even if gold, is just going to incentivize 3rd party trading more than it already is.

I think we just need really good trade filters on bnet and we’ll be fine.

1 Like

Right now Diablo 2 doesn’t have a centralized way of trading, so people are going to stray elsewhere to more centralized trading grounds to trade their gear and to get a better idea of what their items are worth. In game gold is basically worthless, I don’t think it would deter many people to seek trades elsewhere.

If something like a trading post isn’t added to Diablo 2, fools gold forums will continue to grow. Adding a trading post won’t STOP them, but it definitely won’t benefit them.

1 Like

Agreed. Sorry maybe my point was misunderstood. I absolutely think a trading post is necessary, I just disagree about the gold cost.

Gold is very valuable to me in D2 :slight_smile:

1 Like