Diablo II: Resurrected Console Lobbies, TCP/IP, & UW Updates

Or like now, play in 19:9. Its not complete 21:9, but waaaaay better as crappy 16:9 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Buy a computer, really. Best gaming machine in the world. PS 5 and new Xbox are good, too. But PS4 and XBox one are totally crap. low fps in soooo many games.

Yes, one could argue that it isn’t such a hardship for 21:9 users.

If a 21:9 user is running 3440x1440, the viewable game resolution will be 3040x1440 @ 19:9. They are effectively losing 11.63% of horizontal view (that is, the space being obscured by the “black bar” vignette).

When taking into consideration for 32:9 @ 5120x1440, you are losing 40.63% of horizontal view.

Not only that, but your GPU and CPU are forced to allocate additional resource by the game engine. On average, my RTX 3090 saw 35% increased GPU utilization when running in full screen compared to windowed 2560x1440, where it would be expected to be around 5-10% if that.

Now, also factor in the increased cost of video cards in this day and age and ask yourself if it’s worth shortening the life of your card by playing a game that forces it to run hotter and consume more watts while masking almost half of your screen, because the developer is too lazy or stupid to implement a proper solution to something that is hardly even an issue for 99% of players. It is an incredible misstep for Blizzard to intentionally gimp their product while giving 32:9 users the finger.

Yeah, I’m mad.

5 Likes

thats not happening. a gpu is designed for 100% gpu load.

Are you dense, or just a naïve little child? GPUs are not designed to be run under constant load. Running your card hot for a prolonged period of time will shorten the lifespan by stressing components i.e. caps, thermal pads and fans. Not only that but you will be paying more in electricity costs.

Why do you think cards that have been used for mining are not desirable in the second hand market?

2 Likes

Two ideas that could reverse how DClone spawns:
1. 75-120 SoJ’s(they could adjust this) found/dropped globally would spawn him.
2. 75-120 SoJ’s(they could adjust this) gambled would spawn him.
So, instead of selling SoJ’s you would have to find/gamble(still found but in a different way) SoJ’s to spawn DClone. This way dupers(if duping exists) wouldn’t dupe a massive amount of SoJ’s for spawning DClone! :smiley:

they are designed for full load. sorry, you dont know what are you talking. for example: my very old AMD HD 4890 runs 3 years with 104°C. Even today, the card works fine ;). please dont talk crap. When youre german youre welcome @ computerbase… then you will see that youre TOTALLY wrong.

i hate that, dont know a sh*t about something but talking about something… when components of the gpu are not totally crap, nothing happens.

Well, you’ve proven me wrong.

I’m just going to pop out and start the car. I’m not going anywhere right now - but I might as well leave it idling in the driveway - you know, since the engine is designed to run.

After that, I think I’ll stick the oven on. It might not get as hot as your HD 4890 - but hey, it’s designed to be switched on.

You are, in simple terms, a fool. A moron. Somebody who deserves to be mocked for their idiocy.

2 Likes

Because its clear i know WAY more about GPU´s then you? Nice troll, really. Its only a FACT that GPU´s are designed for that.

Sorry dude, im round about 25 years “together” with gpu´s, even with its design. Please speak with a wall, that should be better for you. Thank you!

Edit: Or ask computerbase :wink:

I’ve just consulted with my wall and it agrees that you are, in fact, a moron.

GPUs aren’t designed to be run at constant load. GPU load stresses the components, which in turn impacts the longevity of your card.

The D2:R engine is processing (@ 5120x1440) 2,995,200 pixels which are obscured by a vignette. This equates to an average increase of 30-35% GPU utilization. Higher power usage over time = shorter lifespan. This applies to all electronics.

This is an incredibly simple concept. Trust me, I even run it past my wall.

2 Likes

I mean youre not really wrong, but not really right. A GPU is designed for full load. With that, you will have the NORMAL longevity of your card. When your gpu dont run at full load, then you CAN have a longer longevity… but that doesnt mean that full load shorten the longevity because full load is your NORMAL longevity.

That is the problem here. Even mining cards will run without problems after years of mining.

You are completely missing the point. Yes, the SKU in theory could run at 100% load indefinitely as long as it’s not being thermally throttled - that is, if it existed in a magical world where electrical components never fail. Unfortunately, the reality is that these components do die.

How could you prevent this? How could you prolong the life of your 2,000€ GPU? Maybe you shouldn’t run the card at 100% load when it’s totally unnecessary…

and now to circle back to my point. I’ll break it down, real simple like:

1. Game engine natively support 32:9. Good.
  2. Dumb developer hide 40% of screen and force GPU to work hard still. Bad.
  3. Angry consumer want fix for bad thing. Good.
  4. Dumb forum poster derail post to make feel good. Bad.
2 Likes
  • Pindleskin: Requires Act 4 completion
  • Maggot Lair: Requires Act 1 completion

You just confirmed that this game is being developed by people that have no idea wtf they’re doing.

6 Likes

This is where lack of Blizzard communication on this forum is starting to backfire. They should have inquired more about D2 multiplayer side because we’re the ones who experienced it. They claim to have D2 players with thousands of hours on the team. Thousands of hours in what, single player? Dueling?

9 Likes

I have put over 10,000 hours into Diablo 2 and have found 3 sojs ever.

The only thing that makes sense to me is making it the same as single player. One Soj spawns Diablo, and it only affects the game that player is in.

Otherwise, everyone would have to spend insane amounts of time farming nightmare andariel. Boring.

3 Likes

The only soj I’ve spawned was off of the council in hell mephisto’s boss room

they can claim whatever they want, what i see it’s they got people that never played multiplayer and never traded and they don’t care about the content of the game.

i would be a better option to ask about the game than any of ALL their actual “D2 players” in their team together.

7 Likes

I believe keeping the 21:9 ratio and implementing fog of war is the least impactful solution. The player maintains his ultra widescreen experience but can only view monsters and other players up to 19:9.

4 Likes

My personal opinion and I’m sure many share it: Diablo 2 is alive because several Mods were created over these 20 years and provided:

-Quality of life;
-Bug Fixing;
-Balance;
-New events;
-Healthier community than the original game;
-And much more!

For this reason Blizzard can’t be petty, let alone arrogant to the point of believing that “genuine Diablo 2” has kept all this fad for years.

I could suggest without fear: Blizzard! Hire all mod makers to work on D2R!!!

But if that’s not possible, at least negotiate the best way to honor these people who worked so hard for this community, while you were ibernating!

5 Likes

Console versions have always been about more sales, PC version should have been out for at least 1 year before they started working on console versions of at all.

D3, PoE are both horrible on console compared to PC…but then most games are better on PC LoL