Diablo Clone incentivizes bots/duping

have you ever played diablo 2 closed bnet?

i don’t mind taking multiple years for it , i like taking it slow :stuck_out_tongue:
that’s what a self loot holy grail is for.
Of course it’ll be long and tedious.
But i don’t mind it this way, whether i complete it or not in the end , it’s still a goal i’ll set to myself.

As for the tons of duplicate yea i plan to give them away like i used to.

I can understand it sound tedious, but that’s simply my playstyle , every players have their own , and it’s a good thing that way ^^

1 Like

Yes, I have.

(20 characters minimum)

I don’t know why people act like SoJ is a rare ring.

I usually end up finding at least one on a solo run from 1-95… it’s not Tyraels, lol.

1 Like

It has nothing to do with soj. If there is an opportunity for money to be made with the click of a button, people will find a way. Changing the way Dclone spawns will not stop botters. Soulbound items are so far the only way to stop them.

My SoJ found instead of SoJ selling idea is still a good idea, but your idea is good as well. So, instead of selling SoJ’s to vendors to spawn DClone you sink gold into gambling rings to gamble for SoJ’s. Once 75-120(they probably would have to adjust this because it’s hard gambling a SoJ) SoJ’s are gambled since they automatically identify after gambling this would spawn DClone. People would still have to be in a Hell game, and be on the right IP address if IP’s are still a thing for DClone to spawn. Still would be very rare to gamble SoJ because in the Beta the community was helping MrLlamaSC out gambling rings and he only gambled a Manald. So, Anni would be rare, but gives game gold more uses. Funny thing is I made a thread back on February 23rd about this. 4 days after D2: R was announced! :smiley:

To be fair, the gambling system is level based. MrLlama was barely in the range where SoJ was possible, the odds would have been a lot better at higher levels.

Even so(pun intended) SoJ’s would still be very hard to gamble even at higher levels. Also, rings are expensive to gamble(50,000 gold a pop) without Edge Bow on to Reduce All Vendor Prices 15%!

Hopefully there will be few to no dupes. I don’t know if I’m confident about bots, which can generate an influx of legit items.

The original idea was a fantastic event that was used to address a problem of one of the most highly duped items. When it was introduced there was a lot of dclone spawns…
Over the years it became a less common occurrence. I did IP chase to get annis.

IP chasing is unreasonable to expect of the average player though. If they wish to keep the system essentially the same they may need to consider adding information to the games you see in the lobby. An “SOJs sold/Sacrificed on server” below the game description for hell games.

If they are to change the system it needs to be on the rarer side of things. It shouldn’t be too easy or common to trigger.
When the screen shakes and says Diablo Walks the Earth it should be a cause of EXCITEMENT

Gambling for SOJs is interesting, but in all my years playing and gambling tens of thousands of rings and amulets, I only got like a nokozan and manald among many awesome rares.

um… because it IS a rare ring. Its 4x more rare than a Shako. And not everyone even finds shako that quickly either. Its highest drop rate is 1:6419. Its not tyraels, but its still NEVER being sold to a vendor by anyone. Most people wouldn’t even vendor Shako if that was the item either.

4 Likes

I’ve found probably 2-3 dozen SoJs, the chances to pop one with a half decent amount of MF from Andy in an 8p game is better than 1:1k.

I’ll sell to vendor no problem for a decent chance at an Anni. I still think 1soj=1 spawn would’ve been better but SoJ isn’t crazy rare.

Weekly lockout like wow raids. Make him spawn a few times a week and after uou kill him once youre locked out til the next week…

Or, monthly?

1 Like

I like the idea of it spawning after a certain number of SoJs have been identified to be honest.
It would be cool to have the event happen randomly, but rare.

1 Like

Have you not seen multiple videos of streamers identifying 60-100 unique rings and literally 2 of them are SoJ?

3 Likes

Yeah, vendor any unid unique ring. That way you might be vendoring a soj and not even know it
With keeping it soj they are going to be worth so much no one will do it

have you ever found a soj in your life?

1 Like

It isn’t just Diablo 2, or Dclone or whatever. Any game will always have those who try to cheat.

If there was a game that requires nothing more than breathing to play it, someone would probably cheat at that game.

You have no idea what Dclone is, do you?

Oh, no. Uber Diablo, what’s that? I create an uber smiter just to flex my muscles in front of Charsi all day long.

Definately shouldn’t be less rare. So 1 soj on bnet is stupid, and global spawn is also stupid.

I think that is a mistake. I agree soj isn’t that rare, and selling one soj for anni would be a big mistake in my opinion considering how powerful anni is and how it is ment to be a rare event.

Anni pretty much gives you 40-80 free vitality points, 10-20 to all resistances and a decent damage boost. That is pretty huge, specially early on.

I still think they should have made each SoJ sale have a 25% to 33% chance to spawn DClone, and only in that game.

But they decided to keep it a community event. I guess that has it’s own merit… Lets just hope they eliminated the ways it can be farmed/hoarded that way it is a true community event. I don’t want it to evolve into something we have to have mIRC running and pay “tribute” to be included in the runs.