From the Barb Community: DO NOT NERF REND

How do you mean you overshot it?
Wasn’t overperforming so how?

This wasn’t even the most powerful build in the game, as others have mentioned there are others. Now barbs are back to support in groups again.
I still might try it for solo since i don’t want to go impale again for that. But for groups? nah…

What exactly was so bad that barbs might perform close to other builds as dps for both solo and in groups?
At least now i know what i will start season with. Rats again.

The part of “we are listening”…From a thread this size, they have not done that.
Apart from the off topic posts there have been players posting valid arguments, numbers and what not that would warrant devs to keep the buff. Or even raise it a bit, and it still wouldn’t have overperformed.

The seasonal buff made it seem like it, given the chain reaction of kill streak bonuses you’d get. But i hear they are getting a nerf as well so again - what’s so bad about keeping the buff?

At the very least you should’ve kept it for the season and maybe tone it down after.

Of course not mean to bash on Nev as a CM but dev team should pay more attention to community.

6 Likes

I’m sorry that you and all the other Barbarian community members wasted so much time trying to get the class into a more playable state for next season. I don’t blame any individual for this, I blame the set of incredibly archaic processes Blizzard uses to act on community feedback.

8 days, 8 days the devs had, 8 days to realize their mistake, now we have to wait months for them to rectify it. I really hope the community to developer pipeline is completely rebuilt for Diablo IV.

9 Likes

Nah nah nah. Not from me. I’m out of this boat. And I hope Free and the others stop caring too. They’ve grown used to us being left out. The amount of work we had to create a more satisfying barbarian experience has been HUGE. They don’t want it, man. They want it to be as it is: incomplete, clunky and mediocre.

This dev team, man!

5 Likes

By what metric? compared to other classes dps? So is it that the barb is absurdly weak or the others are absurdly over powered? last time I looked at the leader boards all classes were clearing up to lvl 110 just as fast as the other. The disparity only becomes painfully obvious at around 120+. But like I have said before classes are competing against themselves so why does that even matter? The real issue here is the game just has 0 itemization or depth.

Pleasseee… as if anyone here believes anything you all say anymore. I just hear blah bla blah bla blah blah bla.

9 Likes

I wouldn’t say I’m livid but I am quite salty as it appears yet again our hopes are dashed for another 90 days.

I’m with Free here, Nev is not to blame. Please don’t shoot the messenger.

I’ve soldiered on through worse seasons as a Barb main and I’ll soldier on through this one because we are still getting some buffs and changes just not all that we hoped for. My hopes are going to be pinned pretty hard on the upcoming patch where Barbs are the focus with their new set and all that and I hope that all of our feedback, all of the work done by Free & Rage, all of the work done by everyone in this community finally gets through to the devs and it’ll all be worth it then. If they manage to drop the ball this hard with that patch well, I might finally be done with this game and I don’t think I’d be the only one.

As seems to be the case more often than not fellow Barbs, we’ve gotta stay strong awhile longer.

1 Like

I was thinking of playing the season, but now I do not see a need to. I can farm faster on my NS and not have to try and get good gear before I can start doing less than I did on the PTR.

I doubt I will spend more than a few hours on it, just not worth more than that since I literally already have all the items but the new Ambo.

I can see a way for them to semi-redeem themselves, the new set. But I expect the new set to have a 6P set bonus of, “shout to let your team win”.

1 Like

@ Nev-

Thanks for the update. I am grateful I still get to play this old game that I paid $60 for 7 years ago, and that there are still people willing to put some effort into updating it - as limited and imperfect as it is at times.

You have a superhuman amount of patience to deal with this crowd.

6 Likes

Maybe if we ask trump nicely he will give barbs a pardon. THEN WHAT BLIZZ!?

The Rend buff/nerf reminds me of when I need to fix up my shower. Scalding hot water or freezing cold water.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, a “may” is not a good word choice. It makes it sound like the devs are trying to avoid conflict and do not want to make the Wiz mains mad.

If there are other changes that bring the other class’s builds down to the same as the new 133, then you would have less unhappy Barbs.

As it is, you might want to have ALL the devs read this entire thread from start to finish, to get an idea how many people are disappointed now and reminded of previous mess up like Morticks.

As it is, I would not be surprised if the best community orientated barbs to stop posting anything.

10 Likes

So now that we know lamentation is nerfed. What range of grifts do you thinks barbs will be able to speed run. Before you know… its like were spinning around wielding 2 foam noodles from the swimming pool.

I have the Nec, but I only play some after they’re released. Even in the seasons they’re op I don’t play them. Barb’s much more fun.

Monk and Sader were the focus this patch (?), well at least they were the classes getting sets, but if that’s the kinda focus…because it was really just the sets, I think we are in for a fair amount of disappointment. They really didn’t get much other than the new sets. Monk is still in an awful spot and the set, according to the feedback, was under performing.

Sader might have gotten enough decent buffs to their set, guess we’ll see.

If that’s the kinda “focus” we can expect when barb gets it’s new set then…I’m quite worried.

3 Likes

The Devs made a mistake. 66% of a builds power isn’t a small deal, as others are pointing out.

It’s not you, it’s the Dev team making these decisions. I get that. They made the wrong decision yet again with WoTW. At this point it looks intended. If so, shame on them. Thanks for letting us know what is going on.

5 Likes

Yeah but Wiz and DH can oneshot any elites in T16, so…

Welp, I was actually looking forward to play barb for a change. Guess it’s back to DH.
This whole fiasco made me remember of the outro in 2pac’s Hit Em Up. The way he felt about Bad Boy is exactly how Blizzard feels about the barbarians.

2 Likes

https://i.imgur.com/2Pu4plz.png

So and this is EU 4Man Leaderboard with Bazooka wizard, this isnt even touched or nerfed in any shape or form, but the barbs that could potentially finally do solo 140 get nerfed by 7 gr’s already? you think is is good balance?
Did the d3 devs even realize that the barb who was way above anyone else on the solo gr leaderboard on the ptr with a 140 clear was OVER 10.700 paragon?
I guess they didnt take that into consideration at all.

I am mad and disappointed by the remainder of the d3 devteam. Barb dps hasnt been a thing anymore after season 1 which was many years ago.

The heck you even could have buffed rend barbs EVEN FURTHER and it would have been weaker than bazooka wizards or thorns necros.

This game is busted, was looking forward to play season 19 but now not gonna touch this game for another 3 months.

barbs are as weak as ever, I am sick of this stupid support crap. I am a barb, I want to slay demons and not dance around them and drag them together to a stack so a effin wizard can drop 1 meteor on them and the entire screen blows up.

What has this game become!

10 Likes

You know that feeling you get when you get to the front of the line and they slam the door in your face and tell you they’re full? It’s like this.

2 Likes

I mean, you guys had to be aware this was the third time, if not fourth that you’ve done this to barbs, right? What is it about this specific class that makes you bring it to balance with the PTR but nerf it back to obsolescence before the patch drops?

Also, congrats WW barbs, you’ve now moved from 130GR to 133. Don’t let it go to your heads.

4 Likes