From the Barb Community: DO NOT NERF REND

No offense but neither you nor i should determine what proper competitiveness should be, saying classes shouldnt compete with one another and ONLY their own class just isnt how it works in most multiplayer games. sadly thats how it has to work in diablo according to devs.

Glad Diablo 3 is a single player game and class/build performance has no bearing on whether other players are willing to play with you.

Try taking current ‘DPS’ Barb builds into random group grifts and see how well that goes for you.

5 Likes

You guys don’t know your own game… These players here know it better than you…

Then we provide you the calculations and suggestions and you’re too stubborn to listen…

Ridiculous…

25 Likes

No offense taken, never said it was for me to say in particular, that is up to the company and they have said that many times, I am just relaying the message.
Perhaps it isn’t how it works in most multiplayer games. I guess if that is what you enjoy you should play those ones, or keep giving feedback here and hope they get it right? dunno.

First we nerfed it - then we DOUBLE NERFED IT.

10 Likes

Barbs, I am LIVID.

Gonna decompress a bit and cool off before I post a more official response. Until then, remember: Nev is not to blame.

That said, the developers have TRULY screwed up with Lamentation.

Back soon.

56 Likes

Thank you for finally be here. As you can see we aren’t exactly angry because our favorite build got hates from devs, but because we’re keep in the dark for such a long time. I’m sorry to hear about your sickness, but if it or some of your duties keep you from doing others, clearly you’re overworking here, and I believe you will need someone to back you up in cases like this (after all, for such a big company with so many employees, this should be a must-have). Personally, I think the complete removal of Lamentation’s multiplier on WW will hit the build hard, really hard in term of competition with other builds from other classes. I hope you guys can see it before new season and make some adjustments, like giving part of the multiplier back or make Rend deal instant damage instead of bleeding (it will help reducing server lag a lot, too, trust me!). don’t worry about our barb comunity will be afraid it’ll be nerfed again so we won’t push. The barb haters and barb trolls from other classes will try to push it at its utmost.
Unfortunately I can see you’re still fail to deliver the begin date for season 19. I understand it’s not your fault.
And last but not least, please get well soon! My best wishes!

2 Likes

Path of Exile is waaaaay better than this game, their dev team is waaaaay better than you! Your pride has blinded you, Blizzard! This is Mortick all over again!

HUGELY DISAPPOINTED!!!

8 Likes

I am not sure I get the point you are trying to make? Throughout the history of Diablo III from vanilla to RoS from season to season and patch to patch the meta has adjusted. I am not denying its been awhile since barbs have had a dps roll in the meta I am just saying that ARPG’s by their very own nature aren’t really designed to be balanced. I will bet you money if you want though that a season in the future will see barb get a place in group meta again, and ill bet you money that a different class will become useless as well.

A certain Jay Wilson quote comes to mind as the appropriate response to this. This development team is a joke.

8 Likes

If I stop posting it’s because they silenced me, brothers!! I won’t stop posting…

Boooooo, worst call ever!!!

There wouldn’t be eggs left in the market cos I’d throw them all!!

Shame, shame, shame!!!

11 Likes

To say honesty the way you/Blizzard communicate with us - is so terrible.
You/DEV team nerf barb. And you do not give us any reason at all. Just force us to accept this solution.

No math, no values, no numbers, no analytics.

Just let us know, that you do not want to have barbs as damage dealer. To make it clear that you hate this class.

Actually it is wrong and should not be acceptable by the company.

18 Likes

Actually also personal “thanks” to those guy, who pushed with the set on the PTR server. You guys, are just мудаки.

1 Like

They don’t know their own game, brother!!! You don’t believe me?

I was hoping against hope for barbs to get some love… I should’ve known better by now. Literally one week where barbarian was not the weakest solo class in the entire game and it was neutered by removing “just one silo’d addition”. I feel bad for the barb community giving such time and effort to craft feedback only to have it ignored for an entire season. Maybe I’ll come back in a few months to check on it again.

I’m not even talking about META. Barbs DPS potential is absurdly weak, even for off meta compositions.

Maybe, just maybe, we’re all wrong and the lamentation nerf wont cripple the build and it’ll still have some viability.

However, chances are that it won’t and the HotA/Slam buffs definitely weren’t enough to change anything either.

Diablo 3 isn’t really an ARPG any more in the conventional sense. Some parity between classes is necessary the game is going to shed players from under powered classes who feel left behind. Also you really do need a rudimentary balance if you’re going to have leader boards.

Ive always cringed in group grift games if theres a barb and hes not zdps. Looks like some things will never change. Same classes on top as usual. Whats the expression? Blind deaf and dumb…

THEY DON’T KNOW THEIR OWN GAME, THEY DON’T PLAY IT! THEY DON’T EVEN KNOW US. THAT’S HOW THEY GOT BO’ED FOR TRYING TO GIVE US A FRICKIN PHONE DIABLO, THAT PEOPLE HATE IT.

THEY DON’T LISTEN TO THE COMMUNITY, THEY ONLY PRETEND TO.

SHAME, BLIZZARD!

3 Likes

Hope you feel better and really appreciate the response Nev. When you mentioned a patch coming up where Barbs will be a focused class, did you mean the next patch? 2.6.8?

1 Like