From the Barb Community: DO NOT NERF REND

I have not played ww for like ages myself for obvious reasons, but I was told ww in T16 4m is horrendous dps-wise, especially when many other classes like MS DH can 1-shot all mobs (including elites) and clear the whole screen lol

You literally said she must be bad at her job because the Devs ignored (or presume the data they have is better than) the feedback the community has been filling the forums with over the last week.

That’s an attack, my dude.

1 Like

One of my clanmates was doing really fast T16 speeds at the start of last season, captain crimson + echoing fury helped the build a lot for speed.

2 Likes

By now it’s pretty obvious for me that Blizzard wants Barbarian to be mediocre.

A complete waste of time, that’s what that was about.

Thanks Free for the effort. This company does not deserve our passion.

30 Likes

History taught us, ‘ALWAYS’. You should not
have overtune pre ptr then nerf it later. Just like you said, there will be more tuning in the future. Ofcourse, people will get mad after you give them something then taking it out comepletely after. Bad move, again.

1 Like

I disagree im sure NEV is a great person IRL but from a gaming perspective if a CM part of their role is to communicate feedback. I feel one of the largest threads of the forum might help keep this buff. Apparently that amount of feedback doesnt mean much.
It has to suck being the messager i agree though as thay person is going to cope slack . Its inevitability

3 Likes

Glad to hear that, perhaps it’s the difference in gear levels. Speed T16 rifts really have to be the minimum standard, which includes some form of carries in public rifts.

Something, I mean SOMETHING must have happened the last few years to make the devs have this grudge against barbarian. I don’t know what it is, man, but it is there.

9 Likes

but other classes doing 147’s is just fine? god forbid the barbarian get close to them. i get it, im not shooting the messenger. but their response is really lame Nev. Please relay THAT feedback to them. typical from the same devs who nerfed shard of hate specifically to stop barbarian from farming torment 4 easily. im not surprised

6 Likes

Add the fact that utterly ignored a post of this magnitude, is beyond me. Even if it was to give a partial buff, even 50%, IDC.

This is a complete lack of respect

6 Likes

Everyone start casting your containment fields for when Free shows up :smile:

4 Likes

Community Manager’s don’t have the power to force Devs to do anything.

She can relay feedback until she’s blue in the face, but it doesn’t mean anything if the Devs decide it doesn’t mean anything.

2 Likes

Glad to hear that they are sticking to the nerf… have a nice day fellas…

1 Like

The leader boards are filtered per class for a reason you are competing against the same class. It is not intended for a specific class to compete against others. I get that its annoying when another class can clear so much higher but the game will NEVER be balanced it never has and never will it shouldn’t take anyone 19 seasons to realize this. Your focus should be topping your classes leaderboard regardless if its 119 or 147.

1 Like

So why bother giving feedback at all . If were just ignored

17 Likes

Oh come on, so stubborn :frowning:

2 Likes

Not to sound totally cynical, but if this nerf is so justified because you felt it was an “overshot”, does that mean we can expect the seasonal buff to also be nerfed to being pointless? I ask because we all saw or probably experienced the thrill of gain tornado buff > drop stacks > repeat or using angels to insta-gib RG’s.

Or will that stay as is because it was their idea and therefore not flawed in anyway? Just curious because if that’s the case, then that belt buff being considered too much then I can’t wait to see what the perception of pandemonium effects look like.

4 Likes

You’re assuming you’re being ignored. Just because feedback isn’t enacted on, doesn’t mean they don’t see it.

Ultimately, they saw the feedback and decided to leave Barb in the dust again, because they’re likely wrong. As they have historically been.

if that is the release build then fck that, not gonna play the new season. a 7gr nerf for a super underperforming class is absolutely ridiculous. Barb dps was a thing in season 1 , and then never again.

oh yeah and meanwhile bazooka wizards speedfarm gr150 in 4man party in 6 minutes. great balance blizzard, great stuff

18 Likes

It affects players who prefer to play just classes they love, in this case barb. Paragon system is so dominant in D3, and the most efficient way is via metas, and barbs at current state still stays as zbarb, which many of us dislike. How many players really like to play zdps classes if we have an option to be honest.

1 Like