From the Barb Community: DO NOT NERF REND

I prefer the other Mai Shiranui

Been playing since D1 when I had a Pentium 75. Does that matter? No. I have always played mostly melee classes, warrior in d1 then barb in d2 and d3. I have dabbled in all the other classes. I use a mac so no num lock for me. :frowning: The bard has been so far behind the other classes it is not funny. I play mostly solo. Players like me NEED this buff please!!! Let us have a little fun.

4 Likes

If 1500 responses doesn’t show them what what want, nothing will.

3 Likes

Here you go again, taking perfectly good data, and intentionally adding false, incorrect, and misleading information. Grow up kid and stop trolling.

You have no proof and no numbers to justify saying that barbs can clear greater than 140 with 200% Lamentation, nor the other three 2.6.7 Barb listing you added to the chart, adding misconstrued information.

The one single 140 clear that was done on the 2.6.7 PTR with a decently fished rift and pylons, didn’t have enough time left to spare to justify saying it could do 141+.

2 Likes

According to mr. Brain Taichichuan this means nothing, it’s only 15 people spamming the same thing.

Probably will say that the 300+ likes in the OP are Russian bots Free got as a present from Putin

8 Likes

He has a point but the purpose of the spamming its to keep the thread at the top so we don’t get drowned out by the D4 posters. It really only takes one post to show how stupid the nerf was and there’s been far more than that.

I disagree with many of your posts, but this part was pretty funny.

2 Likes

“Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet prince;
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest. ”

1 Like

The fact that this thread nears 1500 is pretty impressive and hopefully devs will notice that.

1 Like

Hey guys, I just noticed that in Rhykker’s latest video he said that WW barb build was overpowered, but he addmitted that the nerf was big because the build was downgraded from S tier to A. Timestamp: 3:57

1 Like

He also said the nerf was too much and shouldn’t have been as severe. I think some people thought it would get knocked down a bit, but Blizzard cut it off at the knees.

Lol. You guys pointed out that this thread had 1.5k posts in it because it was so popular- I just pointed out that the community is intentionally spamming it to make sure that it gets attention. A tactic I agree with, but the 1.5k posts doesn’t mean anything since over 60% of the comments are from the same 24 posters.

Further, many people who support this thread support lamentation to 100% and not 200% and not 0%. Myself included.

No offense bro, if your 100% support theory is based on maths you shown on the wh comment type of concept, then unfortunately have to take it as pinch of salt. Same goes the other players. I don’t discriminate against any player and value their input, but first need to convince me and the community as well. I mean if ptr is live and one doesn’t have 8k para + 150 gems and augments can feel free to borrow my account, take a spin on it and see for yourself. I ll deal with blizzards penalties afterwards. Thing is there are a lot of trolls on this forum. Didn’t i revealed one of 7k wiz main crying for barb nerfs that doesn’t even have a barb toon on acct on the ptr feed back forum? There are many players profile i researched and majority crying for barb nerfs doesn’t show evident barb class understandings to warrant it. I dont screenshot everything doesn’t mean they don’t exists.
If a 4k barb soloed even a 138 on ptr, i will personally pioneer in balancing demands, but now??
As of now, we are based the numbers on assumptions, no matter how accurate calculations are, there are circumstances thats beyond control through out the entire course of ptr history. As mentioned repeatedly wiz/necro nerfs are based on events already occured. Captain/rend nerf is based on assumptions. If we that knows mechanics werent burried our heads in our own worlds, captain America wont be nerfed so hard and crusader fans aren’t either forced to play other classes for group or solo mediocre gr tiers.
Do you want to repeat that history?
Ask Jako, TitanNova and many other crusader mains how they feels.
For those grounds based on speed builds can not be highest push build, wol, captain America, vyrs says hello. Dont argue vyr is bad for speeds, i ll challenge any wol monks on vyr speeds.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t even call Jimmy Kimmel an entertainer.

3 Likes

Devs should listen to experienced players like Free, Rage, Ulmaguest and Prokahn not people who can’t stand the fact that Barbs could be used for anything else but zDPS in groups…

2 Likes

I pulled out some imaginary data on that claim…

Class Wife Preferred Boyfriend
Crusader Supermodel Barbarian
Demon Hunter Supermodel Barbarian
Monk Supermodel Barbarian
Necromancer Supermodel Barbarian
Witch Doctor Supermodel Barbarian
Wizard Supermodel Barbarian
Barbarian Supermodel Not applicable
6 Likes

Monk/barb main from early seasons. Been necro/wd since ww became weaker. Time to bring back the rage and the EP!! Revert the nerf!

6 Likes

You kind of missed the joke there.

1 Like

This right here is why no one should listen to winging millenials. No idea what he’s talking about, goes off a proverbial cliff to try and prove his point, ad hominum for anyone who disagrees.
For example he makes the assumption that because wiz/nec are getting nerfed the solo cap is coming down for everyone which justifies the Nerf to lamentation. By extension making the assumption that rend was as strong as the best builds for wiz/nec. Which it wasn’t. Not even close.

This nerd is triggered. Pretty clear he is carrying a grudge from his volcano build post. People like Free have forgotten more about this class and game than people like this will ever know. Thanks for posting this Pro.

I wouldn’t be a former top 20 player if it wasn’t for the barb community and their efforts to share knowledge and elevate other players. This streamer is a perfect example of someone who can’t accept responsibility for their own poor behavior and skewed views. I remember the volcano barb post, fluff literally melted over soft criticism of his build and threw a temper tantrum.

12 Likes

When I grabbed the data on Oct. 22, there was two @ 135. One of these players cleared GR 138 on the non-season PTR. The paragon level of these 2 were 6073 and 8567 at that time.

Does anyone know which one did the 138?

1 Like