From the Barb Community: DO NOT NERF REND

The [quote=“Free-1746, post:1173, topic:5766”]
Yeah, I recall Fluffy saying something similar. Personally, I’m never going to call for a nerf for a class I don’t play, but I can respect experts whose opinions on their own classes vary. Sorry to hear about the current state of Necro. Much like Barb, sounds like their other builds could use some juice!
[/quote]

The necro is in a good state, I think. Especially with thorns gone. Even though the builds are going to push lower they all feel good to play and aren’t gimmicky like thorns or wall charge barb, which I think is the most important part. Being able to push the class leader board with a build that feels nice to play, which I think we can all agree whirl rend on ptr felt very nice, all other opinions aside/debates aside. Felt like a smooth ride instead of a weird exploit/gimmick.

2 Likes

Indeed, I find wall charging very silly, it is like knocking oneself against the wall. I played the raekor charge barb when it was first buffed, and when I was told that I have to charge against the walls/rocks to climb higher, I was like…WHAT?!?

I heard about the great super duper fun WW Rend Barb being nerfed on live? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! PLEASE DEVS nooooooooooooooo! Dont rend it.

The WW Rend barb feels so much like Vanilla again.
I also see Chainer coming back to Diablo 3 :wink:

Please devs all the OP stated is so much differentiated and accurate please reconsider the nerf

3 Likes

FYI:

2 Likes

Don’t nerf PTR rend buff.
Don’t nerf Chantodos live power, it’s the only tool we wizards have.
Fix archon/channeling interaction.
Let the new monk and sader sets shine.

14 Likes

100% Agreed :+1:

19 Likes

Still no feedback from our CM, this is just sad.

5 Likes

I could live with that, maybe.

Devs are taking a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig nap after Blizzcon lol

5 Likes

I’m a Barbarian, not a miracle worker.

4 Likes

Don’t agree with him because it’s him saying it.
Agree with him because he’s right.

1 Like

Daily reminder
Pls Buff WW Barb.
Do not nerf Lamentation Buff.

Leave buff for S19, then you have a huge ammount of data from casual players.
Don’t base nerfs on 0,5% players.

Thank from EU

10 Likes

I do not expect a blue post, since there has not been 1 for ages. I do expect them to fix this, i don’t care how. There was no harm with the barb being strong.

10 Likes

A sad day for the community.

This is LITERALLY a math game with a neat cover on it. All numbers and multipliers, and we KNOW how much each GR level increases health and damage. You don’t seem to understand the concept so numbers won’t help prove you wrong but you are pretty wrong bruh. The entire game comes down to math.

10 Likes

You obviously didn’t think before typing that.

5 Likes

He’s not totally wrong. Bazooka, as example, has the largest numbers but can only be played with a macro. HotA relays in a “non intended mechanic” too.
It’s all about the fun, and not always the top DPS build is the funniest.

2 Likes

This and more so when you don’t focus on the few people with the top clears. Most of the top builds are a pain to play, in my case literally. I get that some people enjoy the challenge. For the people who are never going to get within ICBM range of the leader boards we would like to feel like we’re able to progress without hitting an infinite grind wall at GR 75-100. The builds that need the loot to progress aren’t getting nearly enough usable items and the people who are getting the most loot are leaving it all on the ground because it isn’t worth looking at. Something to consider for the upcoming Diablo MMORPG.

2 Likes

+50% crit damage on a barb who already has 200% equals to a 25% increase in damage. The belts was a direct multiplier, thus its an actual 300% increase. It matters a lot. (please, correct my math if i am wrong here).

IAS works the same way, its an additive multiplier, thus there is a diminishing return the more IAS you obtain.

No because rend have his own multiplier for crit and crit damage base on 1 + CHC * CHD and the 200% multiplier from lamentation is another x3 multiplier.

1 Like