From a Veteran Diablo 2 player, played 16 years

Ehh so many feelings. Not a single fact. FFA stays no matter how hard you trying to twist reality. Ofc after release also nothing is going to change on the forum. We going to see the same post like: “Devs you going to destroy D2R if you not give ploot” or “We need ploot cus everybody is stealing my loot”. Childs just stay childish. Meanwhile in the game we are going to enjoy the nostalgia of the best arpg what exsisted (ofc together with the improved graphics and the needed qol changes).

I don’t know why people are so confident they won’t add a personal loot option. They’ve asked the community about it, Blizzard has acknowledged in the past the limitations of FFA loot, and majority of new games have personal loot to combat server side cheats. It’s not set in stone, at all.

1 Like

Well maybe there are players who still understand the meaning of Remaster.

Majority. Not all. And FFA is part of d2.

Nope. They have ploot cus game developers knows that the gaming community is a joke. Why are more Fortnite players than Counter Strike players? Or why more players bought d3 than d2. Cus most of the players like low effort high reward games. D2 was never that type of game. And still it is advertised as “Classic gameplay—the same Diablo II you know and love, preserved.” The last thing what Blizz need that everybody is claiming that they have done again false advertising. I can imaginge some law suit also in that case.

you know what i was going to support you until u started with this BS

yes we love the original game… i also continue to play diablo 2 to this day, that doesn’t mean its freaking perfect.

If people are calling you “elitist” its because you ARE.

there is a difference between suggestion something that would be a massive balance or gameplay change something that could effect a million things and would take time and hundred of hours of testing and would completely upend years of how the game was played… aka stuff like “personal loot”
yeah when people suggest stuff like THAT, or “rifts” yeah obviously I’m against it.

what made d2 great and last for 20 years was you were able to play your way, and with enough time and currency u could play any build u wanted to (even if it was objectively terrible) in hell.

and then there are simple changes that just make the game better… remove restrictions like “killing cow king”.

d2 is a masterpiece yes, but its not “perfect”.

if people want quality of life changes… and those changes don’t affect balance they are perfect entitled to ask for them.

shared stash is great, being able to open cow after killing king, loot filters would be great, charm inventory would be fantastic.
and how do i know this… i have played with and without them… IN DIABLO 2 and there isn’t even a comparison as to which is more fun.

diablo 2 is a masterpiece… its not perfect though… obviously some ideas are going to be trash.

But I’m sorry if u have a problem with player asking for basic quality of life changes, then you’re the minority here… and this forum IS filled with mostly d2 veterans, and u act like we haven’t literally tested some of the stuff we are asking for in mods for multiple years

d2:R is the perfect time to be fixing issues the original game had.

QOL for QOL sake is fine as long it it doesn’t negatively impact the game.

there is no harm in having a bigger inventory as long as charms don’t work in the expanded space.

that is a SIMPLE QUALITY OF LIFE.

being able to pick up items without a hassle.

i hear people crying like " oh no they cant get rid of ladder only stuff" its how the game was meant to be played?

really was it? because id dint see any freaking ladder only items in 1.09.
who the hell does this benefit? are u so entitled that u think we should have access to the full game because wont don’t want to remake our character every 3 months?

oh these people are playing in the most efficient way possible min maxing their character with 40 life skillers" they don’t deserve to have QOL?
the heck is wrong with you? because i play the game in the most efficient way i don’t deserve to have simple quality of life.

if u have to choose between POWER AND QUALITY OF LIFE
THAT’S A HORRIBLE FREAKING DESIGN!!

because the CORRECT answer is “power”
and you are PUNISHING people who choose CORRECTLY

and because you say " oh its intended and show me that BS david brevik quote"
i shouldn’t need to remind you that the first thing he said was " we didn’t consider that"

i dont need to hear another single post about " im choosing being power and quality of life"

WELL IT F-ING SHOULDN’T BE!!!
THAT’S THE WHOLE FREAKING POINT!!! THAT’S A TERRIBLE F-ING DESIGN.
and that’s why the game is MORE FUN without it.

" choosing between power and quality of life" what the hell is wrong with you people that u think that’s a “good” choice that should be in a video game.

2 Likes

Gaming developers have repeatedly talked about personal loot being much easier to combat cheats. I’ll take the numerous interviews they’ve given over the years as having more merit than your opinion on the matter.

1 Like

Of course, my experience as well as others in relation to video games are about feelings. I play video games for fun and a challenge. My idea of fun is not having to deal with toxic players.

They even have reiterated this an a post-alpha technical interview.

Thee is a reason why games transitioned to instanced loot. If FFA was the end all, be all, then games would have stayed FFA.

Although I want a instanced loot option in D2R, I want to keep FFA loot as an option for others who do not share my view. This is where there is a fundamental difference. I want you to have the choice you want while also providing a choice that I prefer.

1 Like

Lawsuits, really ? That’s some pretty serious hyperbole.

They could add every change proposed on this forum and there would be no lawsuits, come on man.

Yes i also writed in the same post what you ignored. The reason is that most players like low effort high reward games.

Starcraft2 is immensely popular, and it is high effort, low reward.

Your ideas on gaming are…curious.

This is not the reason why instanced loot games became the gold standard. FFA promotes a wealth of player toxicity and misbehavior that can be reduced by instanced loot. Even David Brevik with the clarity of hindsight has stated repeatedly that he wished that the original D2 had instanced loot instead of FFA loot.

1 Like

Imagine someone who bought warcraft 3 reforged. Then also this person buys d2r and they change fromm FFA to plootwhat is clearly not the “Classic gameplay—the same Diablo II you know and love, preserved.” I dont know what need somebody to pay for false advertising. But in this situation there is double false advertising. Then imagine thousd and thousand of players doing the same thing. It would rly costly for Blizz.

They’ve already added a gamble refresh button and auto gold/shared stash and what looks like fixed skillbugs.

It is already not the same gameplay.
There are zero risks of lawsuits, here. This is hyperbole.

1 Like

Its only toxic if you join the game with the ideologie that you think that the loot is droped that belongs to you. I have never seen in my d2 carrier on any item like"this item belongs to MicroRNA"

And he also stated that he wouldnt bring ploot now for d2r. Your memory is rly selective as always.

But they advertised the game in this way since the reveal. It was not hidden. And these things not changing core gameplay.

They did not advertise the gamble refresh button, afaik. Provide evidence if you have it to the contrary.

1 Like

Gamble refresh button has nothing to do with core gameplay.

micro… seriously.

FFA loot isn’t perfect… personal drops isn’t perfect either.

but none of that comparison even matter because diablo 2 is specifically balanced and designed to drop less less loot per person when u play with a part.

this is DIRECTLY INCOMPATIBLE with a “personal” loot system

the benefits of FFA loot include that u can see all items that drop for everyone and u are more likely to find an obscure item other people might not want if u play in a group.

another benefit of ffa loots is you need to be actively engaging in killing stuff to get drops, if your standing behind not going anything leeching exp… u dont get to leech items as well

the biggest downside of FFA loot is when during bosses where all 8 players are attacking the same thing that creatures an instance where people CAN be jerks and selfish… but you know that going in.
the EXPECTATION of a boss loot is if u don’t kill it alone or with friend u should expect to get nothing its completly random… and dont even try to say " it was someone with pickup" i play on a mod with only real players, no bot… half the items are gone before u can even read their names, dont try to tell me " it was a bot" or a person with pickit… it wasnt… get over the fact that boss drops dont belong to you in a public game… who gets them is completely random

the benefits of person loot is you can be as selfish as u want and u dont need to share
a major downside is if another item drops for someone else and u need to they might never pick it up they might never even know u wanted it or to even loot for it.

nonbash combat skills are EXTREMELY hard to find on barb helms because thier not supposed to roll on them… just like holy shield on scepters… if you find a lvl 30 req whirlwind helm… that is LOT of skill points that person just saved by not having to put in the pre-reqs for dueling.

personal loot destroys “one mans trash is another mans treasure”

but again none of this matter because D2 ISN’T COMPATIBLE WITH PERSONAL LOOT.

they would need to re-balance the ENTIRE drop system. not having shared loot with the current system would remove TONS of items from the game.

it wont work… i dont have a problem with in in d4 thats fine, but u cant RE-BALANCE THE ENTIRE DROP SYSTEM just because you annoyed that you didn’t get a shako drop from hell diablo in a public chaos game… get over yourself… loot doesn’t belong to you in diablo 2. this isnt a QOL chance this would be completely balancing how items drop… somthing they CANNOT do in a remaster, not as a toggle not as a different realm… not at all… deal with it.

This is your opinion, not a fact. There are no set in stone rules of what core gameplay is. I’ve tried to reach objectivity with the argument, and failed.

1 Like

So you want to tell me that in ARPG where everything is about loot then the loot distribution system is not core gameplay? Ok. Pls tell me more about objectivity.

To bad you are arguing against something I have not said. I want both FFA and instanced loot as selectable options either at game or character creation.

In this case, your hypothetical player will be be happy because Blizzard did what they said in that they provided an option that provided an authentic D2 game experience. There would be absolutely no false advertising.

In addition, non-purists are also be happy in that they can select options that are better suited to them. In contrast to what you said, this would make Blizzard even more profit.

Since I never was carried in D2 and played primarily solo, the items that dropped in single player were earmarked for me.

It was a different interview with different Blizzard folks (not Rob from VV). My memory is not selective. It appears that I just am more well-read than you in relation to all the Blizzard D2R interviews.

This is not true. In multiple interviews, Blizzard has repeatedly stated that additional changes are possible based on player feedback. You know for a fact that Blizzard e-mailed its players two survey looking for feedback on 19 and 7 changes. The 19 change survey was sent out earlier this week.

I know, Make both as options and let the players choose.

PoE show that FFA, time loot and instanced loot can peacefully coexist.

What? If you are hanging back in an FFA game, you still can click on drops. If you click first, you get loot even if you did not kill anything. Moreover, in FFA loot (unlike personal loot) you do not even need to be present when the monster is killed. Just chill in town. Wait for others to kill monsters. Go to cleared area and profit. FFA loot is the epitome of do nothing/get free gear.

This is also true for FFA loot, but FFA loot is far worse as some can get the majority of godd drops at the detriment of others.

Correct. It makes the personal loot games harder in comparison to FFA games.

No. Total drops are the same. PoE proves otherwise in that 3 loot systems co-exist.

Again, I rarely played public games due to all the silliness. I earned almost all gear based on my own effort. I did not rely on others.

Yes. Even David Brevik said switching D2 to instanced loot does not alter D2 fundamentally. In this regard, I trust his opinion that I share more than yours.

1 Like