Fix Rabid Strike clones being buffed by Mystic Ally bonuses

He did not… He said: The clone was always treated as fire MA, but it does your skill, so your element.

Well … there was only op who ment it is “wrong” coded or has a bug because it might be too strong. Making the clone of rs not being a pet would kill all rs builds since they are way to bad performing right now, but this has nothing to do with the way that it is treated as fire ally, could just be an ally and pet. botlg is the true nonsense here.

this time it was you writing some things that simply are not true.

kyo belt, not vw

it was always stack based… Ok, this is not true, there has been a time when swk also buffed ep and many players used miranae and pillars and palm, but that was just a crappy gameplay and back in season 2 where everything was just crap.

But you post nonsense guides here with swk and its about rabid strike and clone, so this makes no sense at all. It was ronin first who did not understand that ipxn00b was only writing about lon version, mentioned s12-14 ladders - but noone ever should have brought swk in this specific thread. Just a missunderstanding - so just stop it, calm down all and getting facts together.

:man_facepalming:
this has nothing to do with rapid strike you troll !
thats the bracers, not the weapon.
The Damage of the Clone always depends on the Skill that is mirrored !

so why do you want to change the weapon ?
are you dumb ?

Rabid Strike Base Mechanics

Mimicked attack performed by a naked "clone" your your monk under the same epiphany rune as yourself adjacent to a random monster on the screen.

Mimicked attack casts 6 frames (.1 seconds) after your attack.

Works with Wave of Light, Lashing Tail Kick, Cyclone Strike, Exploding Palm (application), and Seven Sided Strike

Does not work with the following spenders: Tempest Rush, Dashing Strike (Raiment 6pc), or Sweeping Wind.

Does not require you to actually teleport to a target to proc. (can force-stand)

Does not require you to have a target under your cursor to proc. (works with Hand of Ytar & Tzo Kirin)

Procs of Cyclone Strike: Soothing Breeze does heal the correct amount.

Rabid Strike Damage Mechanics

Works with: LoN, Inna 6pc, BotT, Zei, Pinto's Pride, Kyoshiro's Blade, Rivera Dancers, Endless Walk, Elemental Damage, Elite Damage, Focus/Restraint, CoE, Scarbringer, Flow of Eternity and normal Damage Increased by Skills modifiers.

Does -NOT- work with: Sunwuko 6pc, Uliana 4pc, Uliana 6pc, Gyana, Skill specific +% Damage (WoL, LTK, CS, SSS, etc), Lion's Claw, Fist of Az or Mythic Rhythm.

Uliana builds should not bother since mimicked Seven Sided Strikes do -NOT- detonate any EPs

SWK WoL builds using Rabid Strike will have mimicked WoLs doing ~1.2% of the damage of your WoLs

SWK LTK builds using Rabid Strike will have mimicked LTKs doing ~1.5% of the damage of your LTKs

LoN WoL builds using Rabid Strike will have mimicked WoLs doing ~35% of the damage of your WoLs.

LoN LTK builds using Rabid Strike will have mimicked LTKs doing ~45% of the damage of your LTKs

Inna WoL builds using Rabid Strike will have mimicked WoLs doing ~50% of the damage of your WoLs.

Inna LTK builds using Rabid Strike will have mimicked LTKs doing ~60% of the damage of your LTKs

And exactly this is, what i try to tell him since 2 days v.v

It is a good thing for monks for sure, but may not be very good for other class, although monks have not been on the top for years.

for ltk you used vw because you droped way to fast your 3 stacks :slight_smile: :sunflower:

joop
or even before that, where we spammed our mantra , so that our copies killed everything :wink:

You are very dumb, I never say I want to change the weapon, I only suggest to change the description to make it more clear that RS clone is indeed a mystic ally.

1 Like

1.)
make clear that you mean a ma and not fire
that are two compleatly differant things

2.)

its not using epiphany

as you sayed it, it sounds like that rs always summon a fire-ally because of epi

and that is not true
thats not how it works

I’m not a big monk player but i know their place is pretty bad. So they need buffs intetional or not.

2 Likes

First of all some defeanse.
Monk is a Glascannon, just without the Cannon part

2 Likes

Well, the first part of my statement is my educated guess, as Bliz most likely intended the BotLG and Crudest Boots reworks to affect Inna’s/Mystic Ally rather than WoL.

The second part of my statement is my opinion (of which it is my privilege to express)—in general I do not like unintended interactions and believe they should be fixed ASAP.

Are you sure it’s unintended?

1 Like

Am I 100% sure? No, that’s why I said it was my educated guess. But it is more likely than not unintended, as the reworks came alongside reworks to the Inna set.

But as mentioned.

That the Clone works like an Ally is a Fact for all of us, since Years.
Would they like that we had played it with Inna, they wouldn´t have removed the old 6 P , where everything was buffed by 950% per MA.
Because. That the Clone might act like a MA, doesn´t make him into a MA.
Means, that the Clone frome Rabid Strike doesn´t get the Buff frome the Inna 6 P , like the MA

This shows at least to me, that they are fine with using it as LoN, but want us to come up with a new Playstyle for Inna itself, by using only the MA … wich is kinda funny.

2 Likes

It is not only funny but even chaotic, after doing some more test, I think I get your point finally. The clone is actually not exactly a true MA, otherwise it should be buffed with the new inna set and which is not, surprise. LoL

1 Like

exactly this :slight_smile: :sunflower:

Then, it seems they are able to do some coding to let new inna set not recognize the RS clone, so I am afraid they may also change the bracer to not recognize it which would be very bad.

It is more, that the Inna-Set is based on the MA.
Boots and Bracers are more like … they buff your pets (to keep it simpel)

The Clone of the Rabid Strike is more or less a reuse of the old SWK-Set
Back in the Days it only had a 4P Bonus. There was no 6P.
And this 4P Bonus always spawned a Clone of yourself when you spend spirit, taunting the Enemy, before it explodes.

Thats why i reminded Atomfurz of the old Times.
Because back in patch 2.1.1 you had to spam your mantra ( because it had no cooldown) in order to get them out.
This Clones are essentially the same, that are spawned by your RS.
Just that they dont explode, but mimic your last attk. after a brief time-delay

I tried the this “dug” whit Explosive Light, and it’s too good to be fixed/ removed. But i’m not an expert so, its just my opinion. I like it, and would miss it.

It’s not the first time that a buff to an item meant for a new or reworked set has also buffed other builds. Just one example: Vengeful Wind was buffed for POJ but it also buffed Sunwuko WoL leaving Inna WOL way behind though it used to be equal to Sunwuko.

It happens often with a lot of classes and items

So are they going to nerf the bracers and boots but increase the set bonus of Innas as the workaround?

They did something like this to wiz hydra set. But honestly I hope they don’t. But I also wish they remake the bracer to a 800% flat damage increase just as the same damage bonus as the TR bracer, and this will solve the WOL x21 bug and also we can use water ally rune better.