Fine, you can have Personal Loot

But it goes to whoever gets the last hit on the monster.

Seems like a good compromise to me!

This will promote much greater teamplay since you will voluntarily share any items you earn and choose to share with your allies without being prompted for them by the perimeter players who saw it drop.

Deal?

3 Likes

What’s so hard about giving everyone one random item of the boss loot?
There are close to 8 items in the loot table of bosses already (6-7, i believe).
Add one more white item and spin the wheel.

Why give buttholes the chance to be buttholes? Didnt you learn anything from the last 20 years of botting?

If there is no incentive to share, noone will share. And social incentives have not exactly been reliable on the interweb lately.
Your suggestion basically gives the strong chars more loot and the week chars less loot.
Same as currently bots and scripters get more loot than normal players.
Do they share? Obviously not, why should they?
So what makes you think that the strong characters will share their spoils of war? You think they dont think they “deserve” it?

30 Likes

Or this. . .
Many of us don’t want personal loot.

30 Likes

Because it promotes leeching and being a useless pleb who doesnt contribute, because, why should they? They are guaranteed loot, perhaps that 1/8 is the elite unique or rare, and they just walked in and grabbed it.

My kill, my click, my item. That is D2.

ding ding! I am glad Blizzard has left it alone so far.

9 Likes

Yay, another ploot thread!

1 Like

No personal loot. No deal.

18 Likes

But with a twist! This is Lets make a deal, ploot thread!

:rofl:

Actually, lets call it what it really is, what these ploot fans want, Guaranteed Loot!

3 Likes

And what makes you think it does not also promote going for high dmg spike builds to steal the loot even when playing a leecher character?

Why would a static field sorc, who does 75% of the dmg get no loot and a berserk barb, who gets a lucky last hit get everything?

Your logic makes absolutely no sense. You cannot make it fair that way. And you will have NEGATIVE impact on how people will play, because they will try to trick the system.

Same as they do now by trying to get advantages to quickly grab all loot with scripts and bots.

Also. Even though you call them “Plebs”, which allows quite a few hints to your emotional capacities, these “plebs” are actually giving the lasthitter quite an advantage by increasing the player count thus loot quality.
But yeah, it is always easier to kick down, right?

8 Likes

Ok well I will counter it then, lets say you have a 1/8 guaranteed loot system, I will just load up a MF barb with zero killing power, 800 MF and Find item and walk around on your efforts all game long.

How is that better?

2 Likes

At least it’s been a while since a ploot thread got started.

As someone who thinks personal loot is a better overall system, I’m still more than happy to have FFA loot only in d2.

Due to the solo mf nature of d2, it seems to fit the game better than most.

Ploot is far and away a better system for most games, though. I hope pickit isn’t prevalent.

1 Like

ploot is a form of pickit though… you kill the monster while the leechers sit on the perimeter and have a higher % than you at the elite item, that you dont even have a shot at… Thats ploot. “Pickitloot”

1 Like

I will just load up a MF barb with zero killing power, 800 MF and Find item and walk around on your efforts all game long.

I might be mistaken, but doesnt the mf already depend on the lasthitting character?

I also dont see what your suggestion is. Is it fair that you can (assumingly) lasthit baal with a 800 mf character (with help from a 0 mf ally) and get 800 mf loot?

Pretty sure we could use the same mf rate as in “classic” d2 and still split the loot. You dont have to take the full bag of a feature, you know? Especially when it is not even announced, commented on, let alone implemented.
All we are doing here is mindgames and fighting some windmills.

Ploot is far and away a better system for most games, though. I hope pickit isn’t prevalent.

Name me ANY current game that still uses public loot…
Seriously, …

2 Likes

Why are there so many suggestions on this forum that is never gonna happen?

As I have described in multiple posts, FFA loot promotes scavenging (an ultimate reward for do nothing players who do not even need to be in the some zone when a monster is killed) and player misbehavior that is largely eliminated by personal loot.

No. With FFA loot, it is my kill; hope to click faster than others to get loot. That is public multiplayer D2.

And they may continue to leave it alone; however, there are multiple reasons that FFA has largely become extinct and been replaced by personal loot in the genre.

You must not play with “good” ninja looters. If I was being a ninja looter, I am not in the perimeter when the monster dies. I am right there waiting and do not need to worry about making the killing blow but just collecting the loot when others kill.

PoE gives that as an option. However, FFA loot discourages co-op play for many and encourages toxic behavior. It makes sense to me why personal loot is now the gold standard in modern aRPGs.

5 Likes

No this is flipped. I have explained many times, its Ploot that promotes the scavenging and rewards players for doing nothing, because they are guaranteed ZERO competition for that loot since they are the only ones that see it.
IF I kill the monster and leave the item, and they walk in and get it, that was my choice… I chose not to take that item. With Ploot I lose that choice entirely and that is not right or D2. That is toxic and promotes nothing but selfish and solo play. I see you hiding on the perimeter jumping in for items without helping, you arent welcome.

Yeah thats exactly what I said. No issue there!

Yeah because of the needy, self entitled, whiney spoonfed generation. Everyone in favor of Ploot wants the game easier, wants full gratification for doing the least amount possible in as many situations as they can.

I have been ninja’d, and done ninja… or just clicked faster than the ninja sorc teleporting on top of me as I kill something… Thats the way it goes, if you get the item first, tip of the hat, but atleast i had a fair shot at the item rather than wonder if that leecher got my item…

4 Likes

Incorrect. Player waits in town. Anothe player clears a map. In personal loot game, the town player will get no loot if they go to the cleared area. In FFA game, that “town” player can loot the uncollected items.

This completely ignores ninja looting that can only occur in FFA games and not personal loot games.

This is not true. In a 8 player game, on average I am only collecting 1/8 of total drops. It actually makes the game harder. You can see from my post history, why personal loot effectively reduces the number of good items collected, thereby making the game harder.

4 Likes

Calls everybody self entitled but self-entitles himself to receive the entire loot.

The argument that everybody but you is new to the game and has no idea, isnt really as sharp as you think it is.

But since you enjoy this level of argument so much, why not just say:
Just grow up, buddy. We are not in the 90ties anymore.
There was a time for stones and a time for copper. And there is a brilliant mitchell & webb piece on it.

1 Like

In a 8 player game, on average I am only collecting 1/8 of total drops.

Exactly this.
Public loot basically splits the game into two games.
The game where you fight and kill the monsters and the game where you click fastest on the loot.
The first is what diablo is actually about, the later is only enjoyable for those who are actually clicking faster.

The later also deprives legitimate players from their loot, because they simply “did not click it fast enough”.
It changes diablo into a pvp game, where you fight others over loot that should be shared in a pvm scenario.
It gives bullies the ability to take what belongs to you, only because the bullies do not want to share with “leechers”. They want everyone (apart from a few quick-clickers) to suffer because they dont want to carry “leechers”. Which they have a perfectly fine working system for already, which is called “party invite/party leave”.

It’s ridiculous.

5 Likes

Incorrect. Player waits in town. Anothe player clears a map. In personal loot game, the town player will get no loot if they go to the cleared area. In FFA game, that “town” player can loot the uncollected items.

No, what you are describing is TRASH, not LOOT. In ploot situation, actual LOOT is stolen by the system and awarded to the idle “player” just along for the ride.

This completely ignores ninja looting that can only occur in FFA games and not personal loot games.

That’s the D2 which exists and what is wanted. Change this, and it’s not D2 anymore.

In a 8 player game, on average I am only collecting 1/8 of total drops. It actually makes the game harder. You can see from my post history, why personal loot effectively reduces the number of good items collected, thereby making the game harder.

If you are picking up 1/8 of ‘total drops’ you are gathering a lot of TRASH which might explain why you think ploot is a good idea. Spoiler: it’s not.

It changes diablo into a pvp game

Diablo II is a pvp game. There is no change, because unless the devs have a brain aneurysm then ploot will stay in the garbage games where it belongs.

3 Likes

FFA games like D2, sacred, and borderlands are great games, but to say all games with personal loot instead are garbage is silly. Most modern Arpgs have instanced personal loot, many of those games are terrific. I play pretty much every Arpg released on steam, many others, probably tried hundreds.

There are upsides and downsides to each loot system, but it’s pretty clear why game developers are primarily choosing ploot in modern games. It is less exploitable, and when it is exploited, it has a real cost to that exploitation, inhibiting it.

1 Like