Fine, you can have Personal Loot

When did I say that? I clearly said My kill, My Click, My loot… Thats how the game is. Key words in there are my Click, if I dont click, I dont get it. Im OK with that.

2 Likes

As others have said when people speak against Ninja Looting, no loot is yours until you pick it up. Doesn’t matter if you killed it, called it, or it fell out of your mouth. First click owns it.

1 Like

Were in agreement then.

I didn’t necessarily say I agree with it, just was refuting your posted mentality of you kill, your loot. I’m for instanced loot, done to current single player standard if it replaces FFA, done to global split standard if coexisting with FFA (meaning, selected at game creation).

1 Like

Why would you refute what I did not say? You even quoted me originally, why change it now? Kill, CLICK, loot. Click… loot… Kill, click faster than someone else, loot… I only said that in the original post as the “deal” of ploot…
What is there to refute with what I have been saying? Its how D2 is and its how it should stay because it promotes the best team competitive game play, everyone shares the loot, everyone has the choice.

FFA loot makes a nice balance of team play and solo play in D2. Solo play being for magic finding, team playing for quests and leveling.

4 Likes

Exactly! Its been like that for a long time. D2R should continue that level of gameplay, not bring the game down to what the newer generation of gamers want.
There are plenty of other games for that

3 Likes

I assume last hit on monster still determines loot quality for everyone.

And if you’re useless enough that the party can’t carry you, that’s where you won’t be told the password for the next game.

I primarily play Amazon, Necromacer, and Sorceress.

Bowzaon, Poisonmancer and Hydra Sorceress.

The sorceresses can tele-grab.
But the Bowazon and Poisonmancer are sore out of luck if something drops that they need, because their roles are not tanks nor surviving on melee range.

1 Like

Diablo 2 has been overrun with bots for over 15 years. D2R should continue that level of gameplay, not bring the game down to the level of legit players. There are plenty of other games for that. Sounds stupid, doesn’t it? Even if D2R changes nothing else but what has been shown between alpha and blizzcon (there will be more though, how much is in their hands), it will never be the same as current D2. There is current classic D2 for that.

1 Like

It is loot. Alot of good drops are left on the ground as players often maximize their power by having nearly full inventories with charms that limit their ability to collect many good items.

It is not stolen by the system. It is distributed to the players in the zone who are close to the kill. As we know, range characters are often the ones responsible for killing and are at a competitive disadvantage for collecting loot.

Let me rephrase. 1/8 of good drops.

D2 is PvE game with possible PvP. The core gameplay of D2 are elements to the game that are common to single/multiplayer, ladders/non-ladders, and hardcore/softcore.

This is true.

If there was personal loot, I think that there would be far more co-op public multiplayer games.

You can argue that personal loot does not belong in D2R. The fact is that personal loot is not dumb but has become the standard in aRPGs due to its merits in comparison to FFA loot.

2 Likes

Personal loot is dumb, if you want personal loot do loot runs yourself
Last hit idea is dumb, last hit has nothing to do with who did the most work and damage
Im starting to miss when you can downvote threads until they cant be seen lol it was toxic but sometimes it seems needed

4 Likes

Glad someone agrees how dumb ploot period, really is

this would negate most of the issues, but not all of them… as it is now if u kill a monster you have a roughly 80% chance to get the loot because of proximity and you looking right at that spot and reaction time.

but whats more important is that not only does it not fix all of them it creates more.

if they gave it maybe a 1 second timer before it became FFA then it would be even more balanced.

but overall the only real way to not cause any issues is to not chance it at all.

i mean i run service runs myself and by the time i am doing such runes i am not pickup up most drops… it would be a royal pain in the butt to have to walk over and pick up items and then drop them just to help out other people.

the best solution is to dont touch whats not broken.

just ignore the whiny kids who complain that “they cant pick up loot” and that “loot filter will make it unfair”

they can grow up or go back to playing d3… FFA loot is one of the biggest and BEST experiences in D2"

i dont have an issue with personal loot in a brand new game… but to change this would ruin d2 in so many ways it would be laughable…

3 Likes

No deal,
Kill the Bots and Loot isn’t a Problem the Problem is the Bots that you can Customize a HUGE List of 1000’s of Items and Perimeters of things for it to pick up and Drop Faster than Most all humans. Only on occasion did ppl manage to Grab loot.
8 player baal runs will Be much more Competitive with a Slightly higher drop rate for 8 player games rather then less. That and Players Competing against Players For loot rather then player vrs Bot. Player Vrs Bot = No Win for the majority of Pub games YOU will get NOTHING 90% of the time.
So the War Here is Clearly with the Bots Not the Looting system.

Yes, it’s a deal for me.

This way the stronger player can get their drop, but there is also a chance for the mid characters to get that last hit too.

Plus ranged characters can claim their prizes without the hassle.

As for bot concerns, plenty of games without bots as well

No Deal for me ! Ploot is in no way “fair”. simply create 7 accounts with naked chars and join a baal runner you get 7/8 of the loot while the one working gets 1/8 . that’s fair ? im not sure … the “fair” ploot would then rather be “drop quality and quantity per %-damage given to monster”.

And the Botting argument is ridiculous.

1. if ploot gets a thing, bots will just farm solo…
  2. answer me: why would you honestly play together with a bot in a game ? the only reason for this can be: Because of Leeching. Botting is worse than leeching but leeching still sux aswell !

The Deal is a bit better than ploot but last hit is not a good idea, people will try to kill steal. better go the way i mentioned with loot per dmg

1 Like

First, your example seems far-fetched, but I will take it at face value and analyze its merits. In your example, an individual would need to buy D2R at least 7 times to have 7 “naked” characters in game at once spending~$300. That player would also need to control those characters and keep up with the player who was carrying the party for the baal run. The odds are quite high that those naked characters will die repeatedly on the way to the throne room and not be in the throne room when baal is killed.

In a personal loot game, these naked characters would receive no drops whatsoever from baal and all the drops would exclusively go to the carrier who could choose to pick them up or not. In a FFA game, those naked characters could eventually reach the throne room and get any drops that were not previously collected by the carrier. It seems to me that personal loot is much fairer in this far-fetched scenario.

2 Likes

in common baal runs, runner opens portal for other party members for sharing experience. now you can argue, simply dont open portal for guaranteed loot. But then we wont see public baal runs anyways as they is no experience benefit. for 20 years public baal and dia runs was a big part of the game, a traditional way of trading experince for loot which apparently gets destroyed by ploot. you may have liked this style of playing or not but the fact is, it wouldnt be the same game without

1 Like

Well lets admit, most public cbaal runs are only for experience… If you are lucky enough to get some items from them, thats the bonus, but 95% of the players joining those, its for the convenient leveling.

Atleast back in the day with cows you could spread out a bit and have your own hoards and sections and have a better chance to farm a bit while leveling, cbaal are pretty tight together.

If Blizzard can eliminate 90% or more of all bots in D2:R, then no personal loot is needed. I have also heard by a friend of mine that Blizzard is great to ban cheaters.

Now It gonna be easier for Blizzard to detect cheaters in D2:R because of the new battle.net V2.

If this is true, there is no need for personal loot in D2:R.

But If one of our players detect any cheaters in D2:R, there is a ‘report cheater’ button we can click on, thanks god for that.

2 Likes