Fastest XP Build?

I have been led to believe that Hydra is the fastest wizard T16 / GR XP farmer, is this still the case?

I swapped over from my Typhon build to lightning meteor around p800 and found the meteor felt way faster to play.

Is Typhon definitively the fastest build cuz meteor feels really fast already to me?

Thanks

I like the Tal speed versions too.

You can farm with both builds sub 2 min T16.
Tal Meteor shields more xp/hour in GRs by far.
For bounties Hydra should be faster.

Yeah, hydra for bounties.

Hydra for T16 rifts too, being able to drop hydras and have them kill stuff while you loot chests etc. is nice.

For XP speed GRs, Tal’s all the way. It’s not particularly close.

For super speed GR90s for loot/shards/ low level gem levelling etc., hydra is a bit closer. In non-season, hydra actually easily beats Tal’s for GR90. That’s a little different this season though because the extra orb doesn’t work with pet kills, so it closes the gap between Tal’s Aether Walker Lightning Meteor (gets +1 orb) vs. hydra (no extra orb) in GR90.

I haven’t done a proper comparison with a time average for 10+ rifts to get a really good comparison, but I think they are much closer in S28 for GR90 speeds than they would normally be.

I’d probably just stick with Tal’s for all GRs though. Don’t even bother doing GR90 speeds, just do GR110 speeds with Tal’s + Aether Walker, or 120-130+ with Smoldering Core. Hydra may still be slightly faster for GR90, but Tal’s will get you way more XP/hour.

1 Like

Sounds good. I’m currently doing 105s @ p1050 between 2 - 2.5 mins.

Wait what, this is the first I hear of this. Does this mean Inna monk doesn’t have the extra orb drop?

I haven’t checked with Inna, just with hydra, but it sounds like it affects Mystic Allies too.

1 Like

Inna is such a fast build I never noticed, but thanks for confirming! Guess I’ll switch to something else for rift farming for now.

Tal variations are faster than hydra. I just press teleport in anything 110 and lower. Same with bounties. I’m clearing gr 120 in 90 seconds. Just need to practice it but more.

For pure xp tals gr 140 plus imo as less town time and high para I just farm 150s as I don’t enjoy speed and constant salvaging and occasionally get a good map to time attack rather than fishing and wasting keys