Ethereal weapons in S32 may retain old S24 stats

It’s a dead game, does it even matter?

3/4 of the player base who purchased this game never even beat it once, and when a new season rolls out they lose probably half the player count within 2 weeks. There’s a hundred easy low hanging quality of life things they could have done with this game to make it far more fun and instead they went with a boring MMO with a cash shop. I doubt they’ve even read a single thing in this game’s forum for 8 years.

1 Like

yeah my status needs to be updated since I finally gotten my first primal for the season and I did add gems and gotten better gear. Honestly dont know what to say not seeing a single Ethereal but at this point I’ll just give up and continue grind for better gear. Thank you for all the advice to follow I appreciate it.

1 Like

Looks fine now. Just use Zei’s stone of vengeance instead of Simplicity (which shows now). Zei’s work in the way that the bonus damage works already from zero yards and from ten yards you get the next damage increase and so on.

1 Like

Buriza still roll “2 additional sentries”… not updated with bonus to Cluster Arrow.

1 Like

There’s Ethereals in this game? Almost 300 para and not a sniff. I’m starting to think there is no season theme at all.

yes they exist I finally found 2 Ethereals around paragon 350 in the Visions running on Torment 14

I got one at level 17 (which I used until level 70), another at level 18, and my last one was when I was 70 with a couple of hundred paragon.

Looks like you’ve been lucky:

The profile says 583 paragons at the time of posting this about six hours later.

I passed P800, they start dropping much more often once you are able to do TXVI visions consistently.
Already got 2 DH Ethereals on my WD :smiley:

2 Likes

I’ve gotten five ethereals so far. The first is the one I’m still using (salvaged the second, kept the third to start keeping track of my checklist the easy way), and the fourth rounded out my DH set while the fifth was a necro ethereal. Kinda wish I could get the fan of knives icon off my buff bar as I don’t run FoK with a UE multishot build, but until I can get an ethereal that has something other than FoK on it (all three DH drops thus far have FoK…ugh) I’m stuck with it visually annoying me.

Of course, the more annoying thing is that the starting town does not match the character select screen visuals at all anymore. I think Blizzard just flat out gave up and just said forget about it being fixed. I’ve had one, maybe two times thus far this season where the background on the character screen matched where I actually landed upon entering the game.

1 Like

You know you can use recipe 2 and 11 in cube to re-roll your “bad” Ethereal to something else (you get random power and passive, so be careful which one you “cube”)

2 Likes

Yeah did my usual whine on the forums and things start to drop. I swear there’s a cause and effect to this.

4 Likes

Ironically, while I had actually read about that a couple days ago, I immediately forgot it once I started the season because originally none of the cube recipes worked on ethereals and the primal recipe didn’t exist back then.

As a bit of a dopamine hit, at least one of the visions I did earlier this morning was very generous. I got two primals and an ethereal doomslinger on the same floor and an ethereal burrito on the next floor. Salvaged both of those though because I’m after the hydra bow version for its particular stat configuration (it’s a supercharged Yang’s). At least salvaging an ethereal gives you a decent amount of souls and death’s breath, though with the altar + sage’s set combo I’m at 10k after just two days, so meh, whatevs.

2 Likes

I’m struggling to find Ethereals. :laughing:
Imgur

Yes, I’m playing at 7:34 in the morning. I like to farm early. Yes, they were all insta-salvage.

3 Likes

I’m getting Ethereals, just not the right one. I haven’t found a single Buriza. Not one! Ethereals do seem to drop fairly often in GR90s as expected but it’s Windforce after Windforce after Windforce…

The classic “vent on the forums” trick worked, I finally got Buriza. Then soon after another, this time with Fortress Ballista power (a bit low roll of 2.3%) and Awareness passive. That’ll do.

2 Likes

It probably has fallen in between, because, you know, because… :wink: Forum RNG Theory - General Discussion - Diablo 3 Forums (blizzard.com)

But more seriously. The first Buriza I found I am still using. Found more than 15 other Ethereals since and they all will probably getting trashed - besides the two other Burizas I found. Now that I know that one can “update” them…

Before someone “complains”; only playing on my other, long abandoned account currently, because it is nice to get some achievements again… :slight_smile:
DisasterArea#21638 - Community - Diablo III (blizzard.com)

EDIT: WOW, just while I was writing this, it happened! :slight_smile:

1 Like

German Hardcore! Hervorragend und Spitzenclasse! Hope you don’t lose your newfound stuff again… So fun to read the German names on the items. They sound tougher… Mechanical Pauldrons = Mechanische Schulterpanzer :+1:

Especially funny, that I play the game in English… :slight_smile:

When I play with one of my German clan members, I am somtimes in “deep trouble” to understand what piece of equipment he is talking about… :wink:

:sunglasses:

On a side note: Metal umlaut - Wikipedia

…or bands that have (gave themself) a “German sounding” name but isnt… :wink: But who cares if one is a fan… :sunglasses:

1 Like

wait, what? I’m going from memory, but they weren’t able to be reforged or have stats re-rolled back in the original season that the theme debuted.

1 Like