Do not bend a knee to the rage mob

David Brevik said if he were making D2 today he would put in ploot. He never anything about changing Diablo 2 as a remaster. What he said was obvious, if he were making it today.

Somehow plooters misconstrued that to mean altering a cornerstone mechanic of a remastered old D2.

He never said he wanted ploot in D2R and it’s annoying to read the same person posting it.

David Brevik wanted to see what Blizzard would do with the remastered D2. We already have our answer.

Classic gameplay, preserved.

Forum Moderator Note: Inappropriate comments removed. Do not attack other posters.

3 Likes

Again you fail to describe with evidence how a different realm with opt-in QoL improvements would impact you at all. Stop saying nonsense, and if you want to counter post some evidence on how QoL features in another realm will affect you at all.

1 Like

There will not be a different realm. This is becoming absolute nonsense. If you want a different realm, you can wait for modders to find a way to crack into the code without TCP/IP so they can make the changes you so desperately want.

Or, rather than begging Blizzard to do this silly “different realm” (which will never happen), you can lobby them to incorporate powerful tools for accessing the game’s API library so modders can easily make the changes, instead.

1 Like

NO PURIST wants to give a reason to totally change the game, blizz VV said from the very begin that this will be a game with as less as possible changes.
And ALL the newcomer cry about the lootsystem. We dont need a argument to defend our position because you guys talk bs. You feel so offended when someone uses a harsh word, get a life a girl and some hairs dude.
And I dont want to get in a fight with anyone at all because of that sht. But the game stays as it is, QoL changes are okay but changing the lootsystem is just stupid it dont need reasons no explanation… dont need to argue something that worked 20years without anyone crying about it. Im not the fastest looter myself sometimes i get the item sometimes not, in the end i farm alone or with friends anyway, the real problem are you people beeing so greedy about this items that you probably even fight with your friends about it xD
You can play solo, this what I do too. Like the game or dont like it its that easy lol.
And you writing books dude, do you even think one purist was read even half of your text?
Options for ffa or ploot is even worst, THIS alone proofs how you dont know the game.
And there is mainly one reason why changing the lootsystem is sht, it was mentioned many times. And in general you dont entirely change games that are successful over years and years just because you dont like something essential of it. Deal with it, this is Diablo 2 how many many people played and loved it. <3

1 Like

Not exactly true. As I have corrected you in the past, he said that with the clarity of hindsight, he would change three things in D2/D2:LoD if he could go back in time.

After D2R was announced, he said that Blizzard could add optional personal loot to the game. Please note the word “could”. It does not mean should or should not.

This is what he said on twitter after the D2R announcement for those who want to know what was really said any not rely on other’s for their interpretation/mispercpetion.

Blizzard/VV repeatedly said that they were open to more changes if the players wanted them. Here are quotes and links for you to see in one place the verifiable truth.

Typical casual andy wants to be in an exclusive club of 1000 people who still play an old dead classic.

There is literally no reason not to have 2 server types. They can have classic andy servers and have a more modern spin of the game. The classic andy mentality of “i want it my way, no other way should exist PERIOD” mods existed. plenty of people played them. Its just like the no flying andys in WoW… Guess what all of them are flying… Why? because its faster. Andys are hypocrits, They claim they dont like something but the truth is they will play the better faster way because why would they not? its more convenient. There is literally no point in remastering this game just to get box sales if they arent open to the idea of making multiple server types.

Unlike Classic Andys i believe in freedom of choice. Having a modern and a classic server type would allow you to play which version you liked best. But Andys are all republicans who dont like change they want everything to stay the same forever and never see any progress or change.

Only ones raging are you elitist self proclaimed hard core vets. Caasuals could give a hoot. Best advice to you fanbois is to just stick with D2.

You don’t want or need any changes. Stop raging and making repetitive complaint posts.

3 Likes

All the casuals trying to water this game down need to find something else to play, this is a remaster. This game is intended to be as close to the original as possible, that’s been the specific purpose of this whole thing from the start. People are ridiculous for even suggesting things like making a different loot system for this game. The vast majority of the enthusiasm for this game comes from the vets that have been waiting 15 years for this. “just play d2”, I fully intend to as long as these soys dont mess it up.

1 Like

I appreciate the casual Andy’s that flagged my thread; unfortunately for you, the thread was restored.

You guys just need to swallow the reality that this game is not getting the changes you want. If there was a time for it, it would’ve been when the game was first unveiled. It’s too late now. So you can wait until Diablo 4. This is a game meant for true Diablo 2 fans. If you can’t handle that, then it’s not the game for you.

1 Like

What that means is the the forum moderator did not agree that your original post violated the code of conduct. It does not mean that you are right in your opinion and/or assessment.

1 Like

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

Ladder items will now drop in non-ladder in D2R.

1 Like

Do not listen to the 1% purist who want the same exact game that it already available to play. That game is already available to play and they can play it if they want to. The only reason why D2 is still breathing is due to the modding community and bots, not because of the toxic minority.

2 Likes

Sorry, but this game is made as a nod to those that have been here all these years - not to YOU, the person who is only here because it is currently hyped and talked about among the gaming community. The moment the hype dies down and the next game comes along, you’ll be off ship and on in the horizon.

So don’t come here trying to push your changes when you’re not even going to be sticking around with D2R as your main game for the long haul.

No. This game was made because Blizzard thought it would make them a profit.

Ironically, I want a personal loot option. I am not forcing my will on you. My idea is to give you the freedom to choose.

4 Likes

These so called “purists” flatter themselves too much.

3 Likes

I’m sure they wouldn’t mind a healthy profit, as they are a business and serving to make money; however, when they revealed D2R, they specifically stated this game is made to pay homage to the OG fans that made them successful. They do not serve to bend to your whim.

It’s not happening, bud. You might as well just get over it and learn to FFA better.

To your knowledge, has Blizzard every been asked during a D2R interview:

“Given that multiplayer co-op will be an important part of Diablo II: Resurrected in the future, will there be an option for gamers to get direct loot instead of having to fight over each other?”

If so, what was their response?

4 Likes

Been where, exactly? Botting on D2 ladder, and refining your bots as we speak for D2R?

Blizzard/Activision clearly care about the bottom line. And that bottom line resides in the millions of new players they hope to attract to the Diablo franchise, through D2.

QoL ‘updates’ (increased stash size, having ladder rune words available in MP, loot toggle, gold pickup) - are not ‘for casuals’, and do not ‘break the game’.

The irony about threads like this is that those who are clearly “frothing at the mouth” are the ones who effectively want 0 changes to the original D2/LoD, yet probably have been playing modded D2 (if that) for many years.

1 Like