⭐ DIABLO IV - Feedback Collection Thread

2 Likes

So what do you want then? Maybe give some examples on feedback on your own instead of just whine about stuff that isn’t true?

From what I’m seeing no one wants a copy of any of those games you mentioned but rather a middle ground. If any of those games were perfect for any of us we wouldn’t be here trying to give feedback on D4, we would be off playing one of those games instead and not caring about D4 at all. Why is this so hard to grasp for some?

I’m pretty much in the middle when it comes to how hardcore/casual I am in regards to playing ARPGs. I get bored easily so what keeps me playing is interesting loot and build diversity so a system that encourage you to roll alts is very important to me. I don’t want to have one of each class as in D3. I haven’t been even close to reach 99 in D2 or 100 in PoE and I haven’t killed the ubers in D2 or the shaper/elder and uber shaper/elder in PoE. The fact that others have accomplished these things but I haven’t doesn’t bother me at all as I had a great time playing these games and I know there still stuff for me to accomplish if I put the effort in which is great. In contrast I’ve pretty much done every thing I can do in D3 and the only thing that is left to do is minmax my gear with primals and keep pushing greater rifts and I haven’t even played D3 1/3 of the time I’ve spent with D2 or PoE. There is also no reason (except for seasons) for me to create a second char of any class as every skill is unlocked and it’s free to respec.

What I’m trying to get at is that I don’t understand when people is complaining about depth and not being able to accomplish everything in a game. It’s better to have “too much” choice/content than too little as no one is forcing you to engage with said content or delve deep into customization, you can just follow someone else guide for example. In contrast, if the choice/content is limited and everyone is able to do it without much effort then there is nothing for the no lifers to accomplish and there is no reason for casuals, if they really love the game to delve deeper and get better at it. And as I said no one wants a clone of either D2 or PoE, we wouldn’t be here giving feedback if that was the case, we would be playing those games instead.

PoE is far from a user friendly game and it took me a long time to get into because of all the clutter and confusing systems. I have no desire to see them trying to do a talent tree or gem system like in PoE as it’s way to much clutter, but at the same time I spend a lot of time trying to learn the systems and it does offer variety and thinking up different builds (not good builds but fun) is really a ton of fun. So they should take inspiration from it and implement the good bits such as talent choice that is actually build/playstyle defining etc.

D2 is almost 20 years old, it has systems that are still relevant and which could be explored more in depth in D4 but a lot of the game has aged and is not really relevant anymore. Stuff they should look at from D2 is runewords, charms, loot affixes and drop algorithm etc and ofc they should not copy anything over but use stuff as a template to expand on, it’s a sequel after all.

I want them to look at others ARPG’s as well like Grim Dawn, Last Epoch (I really hope they take inspiration from Last Epochs skill customizing system which looks really freaking great for example) and pick stuff they think is cool from each game and make something of their own out of it.

As I said from the start, if you want to be taken seriously and not just come off as a troll then make a post with actual feedback and examples instead of keeping up the mantra “you guy’s only want D2 or PoE clone, go play those games instead”. It is not constructive and honestly it’s getting pretty annoying.

6 Likes

You still haven’t come up with any feedback on your own though, you have just stated what you don’t like about others feedback. How is it constructive to try acting like some sort of a moderator on what feedback is ok to give? Like what do you want D4 to be yourself?

3 Likes

I post feedback all the time. If you want feedback here, specifically…

1. I agree with a lot of Quin’s video says with regard to itemization and endgame. He’s right that they’ll have to solve layering for world bosses - good thing they had Classic WoW to show them the dangers of that - and absolutely agree the itemization thus far looks boring. We need more stats, more choices. Or if the items themselves are going to remain that boring, then we need secondary systems that allow us to enhance them with other stats accordingly.

2. I do not agree with llama that an economy is a pillar of ARPGs. First off, Diablo 2, early Diablo 3 and Path of Exile are really the only 3 ARPGs where an economy had a chance to develop. The rest of them aren’t widespread enough or are too player separated through offline play and/or mods for an economy to really be present. I absolutely disagree when he says finding an awesome Amazon item makes him excited because he can go trade it. It makes me disappointed because it wasn’t something I can use, and now I have to go deal with a bunch of people who are out to exploit a virtual wealth system to try and find something I can use.

Though I have no problem with party trading and collaboration - it’s needing to go deal with randoms and keep track of an oft-changing economy that bugs me. I want to be playing D4, not wasting time in trade chats or the lobby areas.

1. I think rare items should be useful, but it rather depends how they’re constructing the rest of the things. For that to happen they need to make it so legendary/set items aren’t worn everywhere in order to synergize builds. This means putting more skill variety/synergy into the skills and talent trees and secondary systems so that most legendaries and sets are complementary instead of build-defining… though I do like the idea of build-defining legendary items as well, in moderation. Anyway, a setup like that would allow rare items to be fillers, sort of how like how they work in Grim Dawn, or counters like they are in Path of Exile. PoE legendary items tend to have some lesser attributes due to their effects, and that’s a fine way to let rare items act as customized boosters. Grim Dawn allows some freedom outside sets and legendary items, so you can find great uncommon/rare items that have desirable stats in other slots.

2. Art. I’m… not really sold on the art direction. Maybe I just like the games a little bit brighter and not quite as… sharp, I guess is the word. D4 seems too angular, too sharply defined. However, I like the particle effects for spells so far.

Definitely NOT this
Don’t tie resistances to Vitality or Int (dumbs down the game, severely)

Also no critical, no dodge, AT LEAST not attach to main stat. Otherwise we could have ANOTHER game where endless Crit stacking would be a problem

I agree with almost everything you said. And about the rare items, i thought something like this:

Rare and Legendary items has de same stats range, like 10-20% Cold Dmg, 1-5% Chance to Freeze, % +Physical Dmg, % -Cold/Fire/Poison/Physical Dmg etc. and none base stat increase, like +dex, +str, +int, +attack, +def.

However, while rare items increase skills level (example: +1 to projectile or melee or cast over time spells), legendaries should change how they work, like Noxious’s idea “Projectile spells shoots 3 projectiles with 55% dmg”.

I’m not sure if that’s the best way to move on, but it’s something that i think that should work well.

I would really like your feedback about these ideas.

@Azuna - Both Videos have been added :slight_smile: Thanks!

1 Like

So we dont get the Power Creep of D3 what about Soft capping anything that comes from stats say max 50% and the same 50% from gear, change that to lower if needed as you level the soft cap moves up a little bit.
Then at level break points lets add 5% more, if we end up with the item or the set gives us 1500% to x then the following season that 1500% becomes 1750% and so on and the Power Creep of D3 kicks in.

Let us create characters within classes that use skill based Projectile, AoE, Bleed or Stun as the main thing we want to work on.
Most Barbarians will not have Projectiles but if the boulder attack is a Projectile the let me see if that can be made into a viable character, it may not work in end game, but let me try.
Things work when someone else tries something that the Devs where not thinking of when the game is finished if there are options.
So in recapping Don’t give us items with a LOCKED bonus to one skill give items options to be used by many skills and let us work it out.

All the devs need to do to stop D3’s power creep is to… well, not stupidly power creep bonuses. Don’t really need them to artificially handicap themselves via softcapping.

They need to stop producing shallow crap and stop implementing systems that demand power creep to be viable long term.

3 Likes

I would like to say something to all the people nostalgic about D2, or that wants more of D3 in D4.
I think we don’t need a D2.2.0 and i loved D2 back in the day, i just want something totally new. Something that of course, would draw inspiration from it’s predecessors like D2 and D3, and would take the best from them, but will also improve on both of these games.
I would like D4 to be a better game and to have a lot of new things, revolutionary or genre defining, not just old slightly modified game with modern graphics.
So i would like new classes along old ones, new gameplay mechanics along some good old ones, new or improved stash, items, game modes, pvp, trade etc.
So when providing feedback, i think it would be better to keep in mind this, how to introduce new, more complex, or better elements to old concepts we already used. :smiley:

Yeah but… that’s really the devs’ job at the end of the day. If it were my job to introduce new, more complex, and better elements to a game I’d be a game designer.

Definitely NOT this
Don’t tie resistances to Vitality or Int (dumbs down the game, severely)

Also no critical, no dodge, AT LEAST not attach to main stat. Otherwise we could have ANOTHER game where endless Crit stacking would be a problem

I totaly agree with you and understand your apprehension. But it all depends on the number balance. It will do that only if Blizzard keep giving crazy high main stats + vitality on ALL equiped item and you finish your build with 67 000 Str and Vit. Like that, it’s mostly impossible to balance the stats effects. That’s why i suggest much lower number and much lower stats bonus on item, many won’t even have +stats on them.

All number are just completely hypothetical but there is an example:
If I try a FULL agility build with an agility classe like amazon, assassin, monk, DH, etc… I focus ALL my item on agility and my stats bonus per level to agility, and at the end i have 500 agility. If 1 agility pts give +0,05% to attack speed, %crit, crit dmg, dodge. I’ll have +25% to those bonus. That’s my build! I invested everything in that. It will probably suck (or not), but i tried it !

Blizzard can adjust and control the +% per 1 stats by knowing what is the possible maximum stats if someone invest a lot in it.

sure, so what’s your point? why are you here on this forums?

Maybe they can just make the reward a one time thing that resets every day. You can kill the boss all you want but you only get the reward once? That way the reward is still valuable enough to go after but you cant just farm it over and over?

Anyone mention music yet? D4 definitely needs to have an awesome soundtrack similar to D1 and D2. Bring back Matt Uelmen!

2 Likes

There is a pinned thread on the top of the Diablo subreddit, in which also a lot of feedback has been collected and apparently will continue to be collected:

Not sure, but maybe you wanna add it to the list.

1 Like

First off I would like to open with saying that I am very impressed of this game so far! It looks amazing, Ive played Diablo since the first game and have spent uncountable hours on this series. Since feedback was welcomed here are some things I would like to see and or change in Diablo4. (Some of this may already be in the game or planned, im just expanding upon or giving my opinion of it.

Trading - I think most things should be trade able, I like the idea of the most endgame godly stuff not being trade able, however this all proposes the problem of in game currencies as well as wealth gain. Example - If I have x currency and/or wealth built up, what am I really gonna spend it on if I cant trade for something good with it? It concerns me because for example in D2LoD If i found a GG item or a High Rune, I could then trade it for a different GG item or Make a good runeword with it. A lot of the concerns from my knowledge with trading are basically 3rd party item sites and Hacking. I think this would be combated by heavy action on Hacking. Legit players don’t have the time or Luck to efficiently supply 3rd party websites this is mainly done by botters/hackers. So maybe we could have everything tradeable and just control hacks?

Party size - D2 had 8 players, D3 had 4 players, I feel like the more the merrier Ide like to see this at least upped to 6 or 8, If you guys plan to do clans and whatnot, 4 Man party sizes are fairly small. I think being able to bring at least one of each class would open up some interesting dungeon/content runs. Im sure all classes will have perks/bonuses to each so why not make it so everyone can be important to the group etc.

Runes - This is cool. Glad to see them return to the game! I noticed we are reusing the same ones from D2 so far from what I have seen. I think if these will play a decent factor in power/progression to the game, we should have more than 33 assuming half are condition and half are effect or whatever the proper terms were, or maybe add something interesting with it as well like you could combine 2x effect or 2x condition to = something. This will allow way more combinations of “runewords”

PvP - I think Diablo PvP has always been more of a fun thing to do. We see all the issues with balancing and meta problems etc in any competitive PvP mode, like wow arena for example. I think its more important to have fun PvP than super balanced pvp. My concern is wasting to much time/resource with trying to get it right and it never really being where it should be. I love pvp and want it to be fun and everything but in my opinion it could be this crazy fast paced thing kinda like it was in D2 it doesn’t have to be a 20 minute battle where nothing dies like world of warcraft arenas.

Loot - I want loot to feel legendary not just be called that. In D2 you had to farm and grind to get good items which kept the chase going and in d3 you killed a boss and got 15 items and that is a terrible way to do loot. Nothing should be guaranteed to drop. Loot is one of the most important aspects of a Diablo game and that needs to feel good. Also why I liked trading because I could find the best item for Class A while playing class B but then i could go trade it for something that was for my class or currency etc. Also While on Loot, I didn’t Like that i saw the ancient items returning. I feel like with Ancient items it makes everything that is not ancient feel irrelevant. Maybe Add some kinda of system where we can Upgrade items rather than having items drop that are not ancient. Also you could simply return to the ranged affix system where I could Find a item and it could be low range so its not as good but if i find the same one with 100% more dmg its godly. I just dont like Ancient items and I think most would agree. It just makes everything non ancient feel bad.

Monsters - Obviously dungeons are important and very Diablo. They are going to be a huge thing in d4 which is awesome because Dungeons > Rifts. One of the main things I missed in Diablo3 was Boss farming. Ide like Boss hunting to be a viable way of obtaining gear as well. If I wanna do item hunting runs on Lilith or Diablo etc etc Ide like to be able to do that rather than just clear dungeons. I think this was very bad choice for D3 when rifting was the only efficient way to obtain loot.

Endgame - I think this game is gonna be very successful and long lived if we have a very great and strong endgame. So far I am impressed of what we saw but we can not only have Dungeons, Worldbosses and PvP zones. There needs to be a ton of things to do. People play a campaign or story a few times and Its done with. Everyone wants to get to max level to be able to do endgame. We all rush and powerclear through everything to get to max so we can do endgame activities. Seasons / Ladders of course would help with things like this because as the team mentioned we could change things up quite drastically with each season, but I feel there should be more to Core gameplay for endgame as well stuff that you can always do.

Classes - We have Barb, Sorc, Druid. 1 Melee, 1 Caster, 1 Hybrid. I think We need a ranged Archer type class for sure( Archer, Ranger, Amazon) and then possibly another caster/melee hybrid like the druid. Example Assassin It has ranged style play with traps and melee with martial arts. I think there should be a lot of choices when it comes to classes so that everyone has a playstyle they like. I think Diablo2 classes covered the styles quite well, Heck im sure no one would complain if we brought back all 7 of those!

Level cap - I liked not being able to reach the absolute end level without tons of commitment, It felt way more rewarding. Everyone being max level and then having things like paragon levels just was not fun and puts you at a disadvantage. In diablo2 seeing someone above like level 92 was cool. You thought wow thats impressive or I know the feeling! I only ever got to 97 myself and that took forever but I felt bad@ss! I feel like making the max level very hard and a long time sink makes it so you always have something extra to strive for and your not at a huge disadvantage if you dont get there, It is not manditory but If you do go for highest levels its extra skill/stat points bragging rights. Also If levels became part of a endgame grind we could have a classic Ladder style competitiveness to the game as well not just dungeon leaderboards.

In closing I would just like to say, thank you for everything you have done for this game. It is looking amazing and 100x of what diablo3 was. I have great love for blizzard and blizzard games. I have huge faith in this game. I feel diablo3s issue was that the game launched in a terrible state and the rest of development went to fixing instead of expanding. Diablo4 Looks very promising and has the potential so far to become the #1 Arpg. PS. Make sure you guys include methods for the company making money off of this game, So it can be actively updated. No monetization = beating a dead horse. Pay to win is obviously not the way to do it, but from what I have learned over the years is if you make a great product and don’t force people to spend money beyond initial purchases/expansions then they will be more willing to spend money because of the love and appreciation for the game.

Many people may not like this.
Make leveling interesting and important to a character then we are not just rushing to get to the end game, maybe class based side quests.

Or as an example if items like Circle of Nialuj’s Evol and Band of Might they can both drop at low levels anyway, only had the effect and not stats it would not matter when it dropped you can use them as long as they fit you build.
Circle of Nialuj’s Evol - You now raise an additional Skeletal Mage with each cast and they last an additional 4 seconds. (Necromancer Only) [2 - 4] and Band of Might After casting Furious Charge, Ground Stomp, or Leap, take xx% reduced damage for 8 seconds. (Barbarian Only) [xx - xx]% " I dont like XX% leads to power creep " but maybe the X seconds is low at lower level, make lower level versions have a lower bonus.

It should take time to make a character, ok in a year or so when we have done it a lot we may not mind, but if it feels good to level then more people may not just ask to get power leveled.