⭐ DIABLO IV - Feedback Collection Thread

I feel like Diablo 2 is by far the best of all of the diablo series. Diablo III does not have the same feel, and I think it’s due to a shift away from campaign mode grinds in Normal/Nightmare/Hell difficulties. There are also many other elements of Diablo II that were modified on very drastic levels, which gives the game a completely different feel.

I recommend the blizzard data analysts go over some specific data to understand more what I mean. Hopefully you have access to the specifics logs I will be mentioning.

Pull logs of battle.net accounts which own both Diablo II and Diablo III. Then limit the data to accounts which have an extremely large amount of play time on Diablo II. Sort the data even further to players who have very little playtime on Diablo III.

I feel like this results will prove my point, that you’ve lost dedicated Diablo fans due to the structural differences between the games. The content itself is never an issue. Once the data is acquired that proves a loss in a significant player base, you would then research what other elements of Diablo III caused that loss, so you don’t make the same mistakes in Diablo IV.

3 Likes

I just wanted to beg for more sockets on items ( to have 6 sockets ) so we could have some nice runewords combinations.
I don’t know for who are you designing this game as 2 socket items can be appealing only for 10 years old children … : /

Are you going to continue to support your fans who use Mac computers? I have noticed that none of the recent Blizzard projects have had a Mac version.

I was really disappointed when Overwatch became their 1st game without Mac support. I have been playing your games since WarCraft was a new thing. The Activision games seem to allergic to Mac support but I was hopeful for D2R and D4

I recommend the blizzard data analysts go over some specific data to understand more what I mean.

That very data is called “Nostalgia Googles”. )

Blizzard good job, Just give us Paladin, and I will be Happy, We need that sword and shield/holy noble class

In rhykker stream people kinda theorized that the silhouette of the last class could be holding a buckler shield on the right side

Feedback regarding the “scroll of escape” mechanic for disconnection.

I think I like the general idea, but not the implementation. Let me explain:

An item, rare and limited per game time, would be perfect to avoid random D/C of your provider. I mostly died to D/Cs in other hardcore games, including POE and D3. But the name chosen and the “currency approach” does not appeal to me.

It should be some low level worn unique character bound item that gives you life protection. When life protection kicks in it destroy the item (and all its possible copies - [anti-exploit]), saves you/teleports you, and gives a counter to decrement to earn the possibility of dropping it again (limited so you are never able to have two). The counter decrements perhaps with n# of kills or some quest points or such.

This approach would also make you sacrifice one slot, which would not have a “best in slot” item. And if you proc this item, you would need to farm it back by doing more secure content (the Purgatory/Redeeming phase).

Also those that chose to not use it (the Brave Ones) would have slot advantage, which seems right advantage for bravery.

This approach is seen in many “MUDs”, textual multi user ARPGs, and it works well. There are considerations to take about making it only PvE o not, in this part various MUD games differ…

1 Like

Regarding the PVP

There are many ways to make PVP content more welcoming. One solution could be to have the players equipped items change into “PVP-mode” for as long as they are doing PVP content.
In PVP, the players items would still increase the same stats as normal, but the exact numbers change to be whatever is the highest possible value for that item. The same would work for changing the numbers to be the lowest possible value, or the median value, whichever seems to be most appropriate for creating engaging PVP matches. The same system can be expanded to work for the players current level, skills, talents, and other forms of progress.
Informing players about this would immediately give the idea that, in PVP, everyone is more or less on equal footing.

Developers are certainly allowed to alter the games rules to work differently based on what content the player is currenty doing. It is possible, just to give an example, to have the affix of life-per-kill work normally in PVE, but get buffed to ridiculous amounts in PVP, let´s say 35% of your maximum HP. This could be necessary, since getting a kill in PVP is much more rare than getting one in PVE. However, playtesting would definitely be necessary.

I think a good way to keep the PVP metagame healthy is by having a rotating format for legendary items.
For example, for three months, some number of legendaries become illegal in structured PVP. Then in another three months, a different set of legendaries become illegal, and so on and so forth. And of course, this would have no effect on players doing PVE content, or perhaps it only affects “Structured” PVP and not “Free-for-all” -PVP
Forcing the players to shift and adapt could be a way to prevent PVP from becoming stale. Some players might not like it, I know, but if it is healthy for the game long term, restricting legendaries could be beneficial.

I believe that PVP can be a wonderful way to experience Diablo 4, but some clever systems are needed to make that possible.

Hello there! Just want to recommend a small but important IMO thing.

I’ve just saw this gameplay: DIABLO 4 Gameplay Demo in 4K 60FPS - YouTube

and guys, one thing i noticed is that you barely loose HP while those small minions still have to take a lot of hits to die. So i do think that enemies should be more deadly while easier to kill. In that way players would develop that sense of fear and unknown.

1 Like

Most people on this forum are hardline Diablo III players. Most Diablo III players want everything “rare” guaranteed to drop, zero build diversity outside of the few different class sets that are the only viable end game gear, only paragon as a end game goal, no story mode except two hours it takes to hit level 70 day one rushing threw it each season, bind on account for all loot and they have no idea why the game gets really boring just days after a season starts. But 90% of the people that still come to this forum are the ones still playing Diablo III (the few that still do) and think that these disastrously bad game designs are good for a ARPG. I look forward to the masters of warping the reality to justify a terrible design philosophy. Diablo III was ruined by letting world of warcraft devs to influence the game and change the fundamentals of what made Diablo II successful.

1 Like

I real don’t understand :frowning: i realy can’t…
Why in the hell, Rogue call 3 “spirits” to send arrows… just why? I real dont understand why they to this type of animation instead of something Rogue can do! Like for exemple, fire 3 arrows at once!
In Diablo 3 we have this annoynig transmorph skills… And they have anything to do with Diablo. Like Giant Stone in Barbarian or the red ninja with 3 horns in Demon Hunter.
Now Blizzard are doing the same for D4. Why?
Druid can transform. I can understand that… But one Roque, call spirits to fire arrows!? Why?

In Diablo4 Wizzard, trabsform in one lightning ball… no… Please! Dont do this! Give her\him some nice animations when cast skills… dont do this… this is ugly!

C’one guys… Dont transform Diablo 4 in Diablo Transformations with no sence at all in classes.
Just spend your time and do NICE ANIMATIONS for each class! But Stop this “transformations” there’s no sence at all in there.

Many of you will come to say “This is nice”, This is great etc…
Then:
Explain to me PLEASE, why Roque call Spirits to fire arrows. Help me understand that. Once again, leave transformations and all about that to Druid Only!
Sure necromancer can say “i’m here too”. But please… Dont make that in all classes.

And what exactly do D2 players like ?, play 30 minutes, get to opponent X, farm it 100 times until it drops X, Y, and Z, and then go to A dungeon, farm B, C, D ingredient/item there for ages until high rolls drop on it, sell them for a GG item and GG the game ? :thinking:

Yes, if you want to “simplify” things that’s EXACTLY how they sound b.t.w.

There ARE mistakes (though big ones yes) from D3 that should be addressed and thoroughly analyzed to get repeated, BUT I’m also very afraid of people talking/posting expectations rather than posting legit feedback, thus focusing on posting “wish lists” and potentially killing new content when it gets announced just because isn’t something they expect

IN FACT, one could argue that those are even more dangerous to listen to, cause it’s really, really hard to point out their “tunnel visions”, limitations, and thus potential mistakes… In other words, fake “competence” is much harder to identify and go by compared to the instead of lack of it, BUT, I’m pretty sure (and positive) that D2 (or any “folk” for that matter) aren’t entirely immune to that

I would like to share my feedback ragarding December update…

This is the best update I could possibly imagine for Diablo IV.
It’s not about one thing “oh cool, they added/improved one thing nice way”.
Every single point is exactly what I wanted to see and so far the updates have been implemented in quality of next gen Diablo game and not New Diablo 2 or improved Diablo 3.
Absolutely love skill progression and dynamic GFX. It’s exactly what I prayed for!
It’s difficult to judge without playing but dynamic combat seems another great step to improve combat. I hope that combat is feelable, that fighting every monster type is different and challening. In Diablo 3 I didn’t feel monsters at all. They were like integreted into map rather standing “objects” that you can fight. Just smashing through them like they physically didn’t exists. Dynamic combat animation looks like you can feel your character really engages with monsters and is dynamic through the fight. Can’t wait for it!
Lighting looks beautiful and visuals have been much improved (or I watched in low res previously).

Thank you team. As continuous Diablo gamer and a fan I really like the direction and appreciate the effort you made. This really looks like true next gen Diablo game! Well done!

One thing that is still on my prey list is items.
What I loved about D2 is items where again “feelable” and valueable. Every piece of gear was achievement and had a lot of story behind. Items were like a person - had a recognizable name, prestige, meaning, function and stats really matters. It was not about +20 str one way or another but very stat mattered for the build - especially FCR, FHR, etc. It was so well designed.
D3 and D4 look for me like items are “flat”. They do not stand out, do not pop out on your character inventory, do not have special meaning or story behind. Maybe it’s just my impression but D2 was about every item had something special and played a key role with it’s special stats and D3/D4 is like just “stacking” more stats rather then building a unique equipment set.

Best Regards,
Michal

1 Like

I’ll just note here that I don’t like presented PoE-like paragon boards - at all :sob: . Reasons and suggested alternative are here in my post.

It really nothing like them other than having paths. In PoE there really is only 1 path to take depending on what ascendancy you want and the board is always the same.

If tlsome theories are correct you could have multiple boards all different offering far more choice.

The Boards are PoE-like because of their content: 90% of all nodes are just stats +5 ATTR or similar. That’s the main issue - huge / multiple boards is a huge waste of player’s attention. If devs are trying to give us choice than it’s better to separate it from stat growth. If devs are trying to give us infinite or nearly infinite stat growth than it’s better not to visualize it like it’s something we can choose from. These are just stats, and after 10th or 100th their increase it becomes boring and irritating to do that again and again

That’s really not enough to make them similar. Grim Dawn’s masteries bonus consist of small stats too, that’s not a problem.
Now yes, that’s kind of similar to PoE passive tree, which is a great system with only ONE real issue : too big to grasp it easily. D4 system is fixing this problem while keeping the elements that make it insteresting.

But I agree it’s kind of too big, especially knowing there will be 200 paragon points. They could reduce the boards’ size to 15x15 instead of 21x21 without loosing much.

You actually don’t know that us what they all are since we haven’t seen any actual boards.

It’s not really too big to grasp, it’s just for how bug it really is, you almost always go the same path for the ascendancy you pick.