⭐ DIABLO IV - Feedback Collection Thread

I’d prefer mana globes, something they seem to consider for D4 (crackling energy).
Potions are definitely not a good system. No game after D2 could really fix this system (they get mostly useless in high level PoE, even worse in GD).

Anyway, it should depend on the class. Fury works pretty well for Barbarian with generators, I wouldn’t change much on him.

Mana pots are a problem? How?

You know, maybe there shouldn’t even be mana if pots are a problem. Let’s just make it Gauntlet Legends:Returned. May as well not have a resource lol

Make it a flask if you want but I want no part of Gauntlet Legends resource generation.

1 Like

I meant use it as a part of greater system. Mana doesn’t always have to be the “source” of damage and utility, could have things like:

Potion of mana return
Potion of life steal
Potion of damage empower
Potion of cleanse
Potion of invisibility
Potion of elemental resistances
Potion of physical resistance
Potion of increase powers
Potion of missile deflect

Get the idea ?, imagine being able to equip only 2 or 3 of these… Sure, the “safe” way would be to have mana-return/lifesteal, BUT, could also go a bit more “experimental” to what you think would suit better your playstyle

Think THAT would be the right approach… And yes, the more I think the better would be to have lifesteal and mana-return potions rather than life/mana (reactive) ones… Ofcourse could still have a “survive now button” in a potion of refill (D3 style on long CD) but each of these would be an upgrade to the “globe” system

I mean in D2 potion system was part of the economy, in D3 there’s barely any economy (except upgrading gems maybe :P), but that’s not what a potion system should be… As economy isn’t “combat impactful” IMO, but rather should be a part of something more of the likes of combat-efficiency/strategic enhancements I think

Boring gameplay.

I’d like that ! But I was just talking about mana/energy regeneration.

The “mana-return potion” you suggest is like a mana-steal potion ? Interesting but it could work well or even better as a skill. Same for Lifesteal.

This is exactly what D3 generators are doing.

I was thinking of a buff instead of an attack, similar to what a potion would do : hit button and get a significant mana steal with any attack for a few seconds.

Generators are good for certain classes, mostly melee.

Agree. I’d rather have a mana/resource gain buff or shield that gives resource when hit than potions. Potions/flasks are just boring. Just look at D2, it’s all about spam. Look at PoE, even with the different flasks, everyone runs the same 5, and its basically all spam as well.

Great ideas in the videos especially MrLama and redshirt guy, make d4 great again! Really miss the diversity in builds, like in d2 and also getting uniques via mfing. I guess they have all the tools and ideas they need, I have faith they will make the right decisions. Goodwork on the engine/graphics/art/cinematic/physics-in-game! Keep up the good work Blizzard Employees :smiley:

2 Likes

DON’T listen to the players/forums too much. While there can be good ideas, implementing too much will divert it from the aspect of what the game should be.

2 Likes

I’m sure they know that. All you need to do is read the quarterly update threads where people complain about how they didn’t change enough or whatnot. They know what they want to do and where they can be flexible. They have been pretty good and parsing what they feel is a good middle ground between all the various voices while keeping there initial vision.

1 Like

I disagree. As a D2 fan, D4 hasn’t done enough for me. I don’t think D4 has done enough to capture D2 fans. I don’t want to play D3 again. I plan to boycott it if things don’t change.

Blizz is just proving that they are not the same developer that developed Diablo 2. That was Blizz North, might as well have been an alien that developed Diablo. They practically took in an orphan, it’s no wonder Diablo is like it is. They proved they don’t know Diablo or care about it when they scrapped everything and pretty much created a new series in Diablo 3. One of the series is a masterpiece and the other is not.

Scaling legendaries, “runewords” (basically legendary gems, those aren’t runewords), non uniform resources (i.e. rage, spirit), 6 skills, cooldowns - Diablo 4 is a Diablo 3 expansion. They are just fixing multiplayer and the pathetic character customization.

Maybe the marketing team will save the day. I think Blizz also assumes their forelorned D2 customers are stupid - “oh gee, it’s dark and gritty now with a skill tree; Diablo is saved”.

2 Likes

As a D1/D2/D3 fan I feel they have done enough to address some of the issues with D3 and not fall into the trap of doing everything like it was done in D2. I feel they are paving their own way forward which is good. If you feel left out that’s fine too. Not every game is for everyone.

And duh. The team that mad 1 and 2 left. So obviously they are different.

1 Like

Not much of a trap imo since Diablo 2 is the GOAT w prob 30k active players at any time after 20 years and PoE has somewhat done this to resounding success.

D2 didn’t need a new formula, it’s the best arpg and game ever made. It just needed to be updated and enhanced, kind of like PoE did but imo they didn’t execute as well as D2 (for instance, mobs die super fast, sometimes deaths are inexplicable, I prefer crafting and runes in D2 as opposed to looking for max socket linked bases, and too much difficulty is loaded onto boss mechanics imo). PoE is new and shiny and fun though.

3 Likes

They states they have no intentions of making D2 or D3 again. If you don’t like or agree go play PoE. Your desire to want it more like D2 has been noted and not acted upon because they are making a different game.

And there is nothing wrong with that. Loved Sc. SC2 was ot my bag. I I didn’t go around insulting others and acting superior because I didn’t think it lived up to the original. I just stopped playing and moved on.

1 Like

Not meaning to insult, I understand some people like Diablo 3. In a vacuum I think the game is fine.

Well they are making D3 again is the issue, it’s too much like D3. We’ll see when they release it, but from what I’ve seen it’s a new version of D3.

Here is a D2 fan’s feedback from the demo, I can’t imagine I would play the game and feel differently:

Summary of a few points he made:
Skills look good and feel good
Not punished, no hit recovery
Scaling items = bad
1 space per item bad
Items are forgettable
monster scaling not so great

Hopefully I’m judging it too quickly. I really hope that resource generating skills and cooldowns aren’t a thing in D4.

If the devs can make Lama happy they will probably absorb me in the circle too. I know they gave him that hat (some gear) at Blizzcon but they need to make the game appease him as well :rofl:. I’m pretty ok w Llama as a representative since I mostly agree with most of the things he says.

6 Likes

First of all - I dont believe that I am going to play Diablo 4. D3 took away all the hope i had left for “DIABLO” as a HACKNSLAY in the hands of “activision blizzard”. Not that i would hate the new blizzard but they’re just not as good in developing a true ARPG on their own.

BUT you could D4 definetly make it better than D3 without changing ALOT but make it a bit more “REALISTIC”. Realistic in a way of: mechanics, physics, design. For example: D2 graphics looked bad, but the animations of hitting a monster with a sword looked pretty realistic to me. The way your gear changes when you put something else on OR how rough the itempieces looked in general compared to the glitter and fairy dust kinda gear in D3 and WOW(which is totally fine for the MMORPG fantasy type of genre it is).

BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS: Stick to the good old simple DEX STR INT VITA stats they used to be in STR and DEX for gear req (bows require more dex than for example an axe and a huge sword more STR etc.) VITA=LIFE INT=MANA(getting dmg for investing into mana makes it WAAAAAAAAY to hard to balance things out). All in all, keep it simple and give the game a soul by adding UNIQUE ITEMS to it.

Unique items means: a stat or affixes that can only exist on THIS item. The Affixpool shouldnt be too big. ITEMIZATION IS KEY. SIMPLE STUFF. UNIQUE ITEMS for personal preferences. ALSO stats like: you gain this when u do this and that for x amount of time is crap. because your character doesnt feel stable. a character should always have the same stats wheter u stay in town, fight PVP or fight a boss. The only thing that should change that is the skill tree.

The skill tree can be somewhat wild and impactful. Thats where people are going to have to make a DECISION. That is important. do i want to put all my points in the FIREBALL skill and deal insane dmg, or do i want to maybe add a skill that deals with ELITE BOSSES very nicely?! Do i want to have alot of AOE Control or do i want to deal alot of singletarget dmg etc. Thats important because when you have to decide what you want to play, it makes party play very important and fun because u have to SEARCH for players by your own. Not just wait for people to join your game and go. NO, YOU want to decide what do i want to have in my party.

MOST IMPORTANT POINT OUT OF ALL POINTS -> SOCIAL NETWORK.
You want people to interact with each other by their own. dont help them by automatically share items between each other or put them together by adding them to a que and wait for stuff to happen. give them a trade window so they can make trades and give them chatrooms. thats all they need. maybe add filters, so you can search for existing chatrooms, thats all. that is the most fun of playing computer games. You have a keyboard in front of you, u can chat with people freely and have to do it by your own.

thanks and good luck

IDK if was already posted byt MRLLamaSC video

3 Likes
1 Like