⭐ DIABLO IV - Feedback Collection Thread

Most people on this forum are hardline Diablo III players. Most Diablo III players want everything “rare” guaranteed to drop, zero build diversity outside of the few different class sets that are the only viable end game gear, only paragon as a end game goal, no story mode except two hours it takes to hit level 70 day one rushing threw it each season, bind on account for all loot and they have no idea why the game gets really boring just days after a season starts. But 90% of the people that still come to this forum are the ones still playing Diablo III (the few that still do) and think that these disastrously bad game designs are good for a ARPG. I look forward to the masters of warping the reality to justify a terrible design philosophy. Diablo III was ruined by letting world of warcraft devs to influence the game and change the fundamentals of what made Diablo II successful.

1 Like

I real don’t understand :frowning: i realy can’t…
Why in the hell, Rogue call 3 “spirits” to send arrows… just why? I real dont understand why they to this type of animation instead of something Rogue can do! Like for exemple, fire 3 arrows at once!
In Diablo 3 we have this annoynig transmorph skills… And they have anything to do with Diablo. Like Giant Stone in Barbarian or the red ninja with 3 horns in Demon Hunter.
Now Blizzard are doing the same for D4. Why?
Druid can transform. I can understand that… But one Roque, call spirits to fire arrows!? Why?

In Diablo4 Wizzard, trabsform in one lightning ball… no… Please! Dont do this! Give her\him some nice animations when cast skills… dont do this… this is ugly!

C’one guys… Dont transform Diablo 4 in Diablo Transformations with no sence at all in classes.
Just spend your time and do NICE ANIMATIONS for each class! But Stop this “transformations” there’s no sence at all in there.

Many of you will come to say “This is nice”, This is great etc…
Then:
Explain to me PLEASE, why Roque call Spirits to fire arrows. Help me understand that. Once again, leave transformations and all about that to Druid Only!
Sure necromancer can say “i’m here too”. But please… Dont make that in all classes.

And what exactly do D2 players like ?, play 30 minutes, get to opponent X, farm it 100 times until it drops X, Y, and Z, and then go to A dungeon, farm B, C, D ingredient/item there for ages until high rolls drop on it, sell them for a GG item and GG the game ? :thinking:

Yes, if you want to “simplify” things that’s EXACTLY how they sound b.t.w.

There ARE mistakes (though big ones yes) from D3 that should be addressed and thoroughly analyzed to get repeated, BUT I’m also very afraid of people talking/posting expectations rather than posting legit feedback, thus focusing on posting “wish lists” and potentially killing new content when it gets announced just because isn’t something they expect

IN FACT, one could argue that those are even more dangerous to listen to, cause it’s really, really hard to point out their “tunnel visions”, limitations, and thus potential mistakes… In other words, fake “competence” is much harder to identify and go by compared to the instead of lack of it, BUT, I’m pretty sure (and positive) that D2 (or any “folk” for that matter) aren’t entirely immune to that

I would like to share my feedback ragarding December update…

This is the best update I could possibly imagine for Diablo IV.
It’s not about one thing “oh cool, they added/improved one thing nice way”.
Every single point is exactly what I wanted to see and so far the updates have been implemented in quality of next gen Diablo game and not New Diablo 2 or improved Diablo 3.
Absolutely love skill progression and dynamic GFX. It’s exactly what I prayed for!
It’s difficult to judge without playing but dynamic combat seems another great step to improve combat. I hope that combat is feelable, that fighting every monster type is different and challening. In Diablo 3 I didn’t feel monsters at all. They were like integreted into map rather standing “objects” that you can fight. Just smashing through them like they physically didn’t exists. Dynamic combat animation looks like you can feel your character really engages with monsters and is dynamic through the fight. Can’t wait for it!
Lighting looks beautiful and visuals have been much improved (or I watched in low res previously).

Thank you team. As continuous Diablo gamer and a fan I really like the direction and appreciate the effort you made. This really looks like true next gen Diablo game! Well done!

One thing that is still on my prey list is items.
What I loved about D2 is items where again “feelable” and valueable. Every piece of gear was achievement and had a lot of story behind. Items were like a person - had a recognizable name, prestige, meaning, function and stats really matters. It was not about +20 str one way or another but very stat mattered for the build - especially FCR, FHR, etc. It was so well designed.
D3 and D4 look for me like items are “flat”. They do not stand out, do not pop out on your character inventory, do not have special meaning or story behind. Maybe it’s just my impression but D2 was about every item had something special and played a key role with it’s special stats and D3/D4 is like just “stacking” more stats rather then building a unique equipment set.

Best Regards,
Michal

1 Like

I’ll just note here that I don’t like presented PoE-like paragon boards - at all :sob: . Reasons and suggested alternative are here in my post.

It really nothing like them other than having paths. In PoE there really is only 1 path to take depending on what ascendancy you want and the board is always the same.

If tlsome theories are correct you could have multiple boards all different offering far more choice.

The Boards are PoE-like because of their content: 90% of all nodes are just stats +5 ATTR or similar. That’s the main issue - huge / multiple boards is a huge waste of player’s attention. If devs are trying to give us choice than it’s better to separate it from stat growth. If devs are trying to give us infinite or nearly infinite stat growth than it’s better not to visualize it like it’s something we can choose from. These are just stats, and after 10th or 100th their increase it becomes boring and irritating to do that again and again

That’s really not enough to make them similar. Grim Dawn’s masteries bonus consist of small stats too, that’s not a problem.
Now yes, that’s kind of similar to PoE passive tree, which is a great system with only ONE real issue : too big to grasp it easily. D4 system is fixing this problem while keeping the elements that make it insteresting.

But I agree it’s kind of too big, especially knowing there will be 200 paragon points. They could reduce the boards’ size to 15x15 instead of 21x21 without loosing much.

You actually don’t know that us what they all are since we haven’t seen any actual boards.

It’s not really too big to grasp, it’s just for how bug it really is, you almost always go the same path for the ascendancy you pick.

Probably, as people figured out the optimal path for certain builds, but I don’t think that’s an issue. I’m pretty sure the same situation will occur for D4’s paragon, depending on our build choice.

All depends on the randomness of the boards and layouts.

I don’t think boards will be random, that would create lots of problems.

1 Like

Yeah, best not to make them random imo.
Afaik Ascendencies dont determine passive paths in PoE, since Ascendencies themselves have multiple paths to take.
Doing A because you do X is not automatically a problem in any case. Like, if you choose to use Fireball as a skill, it might certainly make you want to use items/affixes that buffs Fireball.
The issue with something like sets in D3 is that they determine everything. Do X, leading you to do A, B, C, D etc., because of how specific most of them are designed.
If choosing Fireball also leads you down a path where all other kinds of choices are already decided, that is bad, like if there is a skill that buffs fire dmg by 10000%, and a curse that makes enemies take 1000% more fire dmg, and so on, then yeah, the path ahead begins to be pre-determined.

For the paragon boards, if they really end up being based on attributes (of which I am worried, imo attributes should come mostly from normal lvls, as I honestly dont believe Blizzard will manage to make them work as breakpoints for skill upgrades, when there are so many attribute sources; lvls, paragon, gear), it makes it even more important that the attributes are equally useful, not only for the class, but it also starts to be quite important that each/most attribute becomes useful for each skill.
Like a Int Fireball build or a Str Fireball build, each offering a valuable path to go for.

I dont understand people beef with small stat boost nodes. What do you wanna do just remove them? It doesnt really change anything. Replace them with other nodes? Nothing prohibits them from adding those anyway.

If you compare it to PoE. Str, Dex, Int are not useless. Entire builds can be based around stacking each of theese. Which makes these “useless” node far from useless. Even if not stacking them they help give you the requirements to wear some items and they inherently give you bonuses such as STR gives you life and physical damage, or dex gives you evasion and accuracy.

It’s all about what the devs decide to do with it.

Well, let’s use an example. Imagine that we wish to build a hulk - a lot of hp, regeneration and no troubles with ability to hit. And to make it possible we decide to take “Resolute technique” (to ignore evasion), “Blood magic” (to remove need in mana) and whole bunch of nodes with regeneration and hp-relative. The thing is that our path through the tree is mostly predetermined by our final ends. But the issue is not about having a huge bonus to STR / HP in this build, but …

• about need to pick them at all
  • about splitting player’s attention among things that could be much more compact
  • about the fact that there’s not so many really impactful choices in the tree, but that’s not obvious for inexperienced player because of tree’s initial “huge view”.

That’s why I propose to separate functional building from stat building and make first one more compact, propose to give more choices, propose to make those choices more meaningful. So my whole idea isn’t about wiping out this system - it is about improving it and making it more… convenient?

OP it’s been a long time since you posted and we all miss you.

You are in the prayers of many @TOPCommander.

Let us know if all is well please!

(post deleted by author)

Hello,
Druid: every class has mount, but druid could use thing like “full wolf/bear” and transform himself to wolf/bear and run as horse (it could benefit from their passives - if attacked). Near enemy he could use jump to enemy and transform himself back to druid form. (Bear is slower) - Remember this would be a druid only exception. Don’t remove the horse as option … :slight_smile:

Rogue: I will never consider rogue as ranged class because half of the skills are melee and the other 4 are enchanted arrow… How many skills are left for a full ranged build?

Skills: I missin more skills with druid as werewolf (+1 AoE), but I hope every class will have at least 25 skills…

I will definitely try every class except rogue (up). Because the Quarterly Update in the last few months looks totally great.