Diablo IV Announcement Discussion

почему diablo 4 не на ps 5?

It’s in English.

Diablo IV: Platforms and Controllers

The next generation of consoles meaning PS5 and others. :wink:

The first in David Kim’s 2-part blog series on System Design is now live. Go give it a read!

8 Likes

Interesting and actually fun to be part of the community with the developer feedback. Kinda makes me feel I’m involved! Thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

two to three normal Affixes are currently equivalent in power to a Legendary power on most items.

Well if ancient items rather than giving more attack/defense…gave 1-2 more normal affixes…that would be an inherently more interesting system, right?

Disclaimer : I use ancient but it could be rares…the rarity literally has no meaning to me. What matters is that attack/defense(aka iLvL) is the same between the types of rarity(short of like mythic items).

It would mean that odds are wearing the ancient item would be more powerful on affixes alone, but you can start picking and choosing your preferred stats…and if on top of that you accidentally roll those affixes on your preferred legendary…all the more excitement.

A casual player would/should pick their preferred legendary item(but not be particularly punished for that mindset). A hardcore player would choose what gives them more power. As long as it means there’s a less than %30 difference between the two crowds(at equal ilvl)…then we’re not gonna have problems.

It also means the devs can just spend time creating interesting normal affixes over time.

Sounds like a win win to me.

TLDR; Attack/Defense should be the same across all rarities(exception Mythics) and only scale higher on iLVL

Legendaries should have 2-3 normal affixes(1 legendary affixes), Ancients should have 4-5 normal affixes(1 legendary affix), Rares should have 3-7 normal affixes(0 legendary affixes). Consequently 7 affix rares should be indeed…rare.

More affixes plz

Make the game hard as Diablo I. We need challanges, some want easy games but Diablo must be hard, like it was in beginning of the story.

1 Like

Sorry, the new Blogpost Just say’s:

• we have no Idea’s
  • we dont know what we doin

The MAIN discussions are offline/online and MMO Playstile.

2 Likes

I agree entirely !!!

1 Like

Though it sounded like it held back on some important details, it’s at least a start.

I do not know what D4 buisiness model will be , but one thing is sure. You need to make people pay extra charge on the several big contents. For example, like POE bm, it is neccessary to maintain the quality of contents. If the price of extra things are reasonable, i willing to pay for it.
The package selling style is old fashioned.
That’s strategy just for console.
It is bad to both company and player.

PoE bowel movement?

1 Like

Cheeky :joy:

Correct me if I’m wrong, Humetro, but I believe they made a small typo and meant MB for mystery boxes, not BM for bowel movement :sweat_smile:

What I think D4 must have to succeed.

1.A large selection of highly customizable skills with a lengthy meaningful progression and multiple sources of discovery.

2.A deep selection of diverse items that are all capable of being viable in some way throughout the entirety of the game.

3.A large talent tree(exponentially larger than in demo) that contains character defining modifications as well as possible multi class/class upgrades. Respecs should be allowed at a significant cost.

4.Game content that offers a challenge through different mechanics and not simply inflation of damage and density.

5.Progression should have a difficult to achieve limit but be finite. Infinite scaling should not replace content and should not exist in any form.

6.Power creep should be contained at all costs, the motto of never nerf has to go.

7.Item tiers need to exist with the most valuable items only being obtained in the most difficult content.

8.Players should be free to trade any item with very few restrictions, the most notable being a BoA on trade of the highest tier items.

9.The damage calculation should be strictly additive.

10.There should be a noticeable presence of rules being enforced and a zero tolerance to cheating of any kind.

11.A crafting system with depth capable of creating valuable and unique items.

12.An endgame with multiple unique viable options.

13.Character power should have even contributions from items, skills, and talents.

14.The game should make it very easy to communicate and group up with other players.

15.Cooldowns should be utilized as little as possible(preferably none), instead using multiple resources, diminishing returns, and charged skills.

16.Drop rates low enough to make the rarest items feel rewarding

I’m sure there is more I am missing and more that I would prefer that aren’t a must.

My thoughts on D4. There are two aspects of what has been shown so far that I believe blatantly displays that they still just don’t get it. The simplification of main stats down to attack and defence, and the abundance of Cooldowns on skills.

2 Likes

In response to David Kim’s letter concerning Ancient Items:

Maybe the community’s aversion to Ancient items can be mitigated and made into an opportunity!

With some art and systems assets you could just make the next higher tier of gear “Ancients” with unique artwork and affixes. This would nullify the objection to them (I think).

No: Amulet of Power --> Ancient Amulet of Power
Yes: Ancient Amulet of the Magi --> a unique stand alone item of great power.

2 Likes

End gam progression

With a finite system consider this.

Item drops with powers of mythic and legendary could be incredibly low drop rates for hours of play and an overall satisfying feel to end game time spent with the single boa after one trade. For instance after a month of playing I found 2 legendary or mythic Pieces that I can share with my other characters or trade to friends. Also bragging rights. As well as no one will discover every piece and there powers for years to come.

1 Like

Another thing, instead of having thousands of customizations (like gems, runes, re-rolling stats, modifications)… Why not just make legendaries really rare again? Like Diablo 2 lod pre-patch 1.10

2 Likes

How much time I spent in Diablo 2, how much time was spent on hbr, how many ears were scattered at the entrance to the rogue camp. Diablo 3 also spent a lot of time. Seeing the announcement of Diablo 4, I was delighted, the gloomy and depressing atmosphere, this is the real Diablo, this is amazing. I really love PVP games and I hope that you will create arenas, coliseums, PVP events and other options for the development of this regime, and not kill with one blow near the rogue camp, and certainly not the ruins of a burnt chapel, it’s just awful. But then again, I am delighted with the featured Diablo 4

1 Like

LEVELING

Finite levels with endgame becoming available before max level like Diablo II and PoE. Infinite levels are just endless grind and as various communities have shown are not really welcomed. In blizzards case look at AP grind. This applies only to power leveling, if this grind is for skins, mounts, pets or anything non-power related it’s more acceptable.

SKILLS & TALENTS

More complexity on both of these. More talents and some of them should be impactful – these should be located at or near the end of a talent branch. Also no easy re-alocation of points. Choices should have some meaning unlike Diablo III. You could offer a reset at every major patch/expansion/update.

Skills could have some choices every five or more lvls. This choice should be permanent and not easily changed. Items could be used for this and each could allow you to change only one of these choices. It should be tradeable

ITEMIZATION

Ancient items concept as a droppable items is not so good. Many have stated that before. Instead they could be augmented legendaries. Each season you introduce 2-3 per class and each can have more than one upgrade. Also it should be upgraded through a lore-friendly quest that tells us the story of said legendary. (I don’t know how much work is needed per item but it would be cool). This gives a character to each and every ancient legendary, it provides a personalization option for the character and it is not invalidates legendaries. Also it provides a way for you to focus on some items/builds each season as you said during the blizzcon. As a bonus fun(?) you could make the quest to upgrade for one option per item hidden and players must search for it. After the upgrade the ancient can not be re-crafted. For a different upgrade you must find a new one.
Rares should be viable. Not every legendary should outshine every rare for all stats.

Also add more complexity to items and stas. Simple generic attack and defense stat is not good. it’s boring.

More runewords / more complexity or start with jewels/gems and add runewords later when you have seen how we react and what builds we create. That way you can balance them better and introduce them smoother.

SOURCES OF POWER

First bring back stats like Diablo II or a similar system. Automatic leveling is sometimes good but clearly this community wants not to be bored when leveling. We want some of the complexity, power and mistakes that were made in D II. And not changeable skills and talents – at least not easily, as mentioned before either through some items or at the start of each major patch/expansion/ or something (but not league).

As more multiple power sources you could have different “leveling“ systems. Lets say you have normal levels and a bloodline level where you can awakend your nephelem, demonic or angelic blood with you – blood is the key as you have said :). Or you even can make mythic items like the artifact weapons in legion (but not able to choose all the updates – similar power tree).

KEYED DUNGEONS
If this strategizing is changing build then no. You should strategize by changing a few items. Using potions that increase resistances or something like that. Not changing character. Look at pen & paper rpgs about the preparation that players go through when entering dungeons. They buy stuff, equip different items and prepare different spells but they don’t throw their diviner because they want an evoker, or Forge cleric for a Light one (Domains) (D&D5e).

Also we see so many monsters in the world but never how they came to be there in the first place. There could be some portals around the world though which they come. These portals should not remain for a long time (15-25 mins) and should not be visible in the map before they are found. With their appearance the general area around them could have increased monster density and higher levels, that should be the only clue that player have about them, it is up to them to found it before the timer expires. But when they are found it becomes visible in the map, a world boss appears and if it defeated then the portal remains open for all players to enter. Of course this leads to some layer in hell. This area should be difficult, huge and chaotic. Also for further confusion you do not enter through a standard point but are randomly teleported inside the map (parties should go together). And for further fun this area is PVP area, with semi-world bosses, elites and extremely good loot. And you can play with the layer, it could be huge chaotic or maze-like, layered, different rooms or arenas, timed or even having constant damage done to you wherever you are. You can explore your sadistic side.

TLDR: Ancients should be upgraded legendaries accessible to all through a quest with multiple powers but you choose only one of them, more complexity, finite levels.

The way I think about a unique item is that someone in the lore of the game put a lot of time and effort in to it’s crafting so make them like that.
Not lore friendly here but something like this and I’ll use a Witch Doctor item as it’s not going to be in D4 for the foreseeable future.
The Sacred Harvester
The seven VooDoo Masters gathered on this darkest of nights to pay homage to the great and powerful -Elder Bayati, Tribe of the Five Hills. After months if not years “insert lore friendly time frame here” of preparation and rituals even some failed attempts as some of them were driven mad during this rite of passage.
“To expand one’s mind with the breath of others is not a thing to be taken lightly. Without the proper training or discipline it soon leads to madness.”
Expand on this so there is a downside to using some items after all if you are sacrificing others to gain something there should be consequences.
And on that maybe a limit on the amount of rerolls items with this type of power can get, after all there was a hugh risk involved in making them.

Or to find out about the hidden power you need to do a side quest it doesn’t have to be long but relevant to the items history. It may even be a curse of sorts the item does half damage to some types of monster but in doing so double damage to another.

With one thing added some of the fight s I had in GD when I died I was still in the Bosses agro range so to make it a bit more casual player friendly the Corpse or Tombstone could be outside that area, or you may just keep getting killed each time you go back to that fight.

Also if people just want to just click and shoot that’s fine, but if some fights a faster because you picked this way of using an item, in this case freeze and shatter or just hit it till its dead.

I really like the addition of “magic” and “specialization” with one proviser any of this type of stat should not be a snowball effect don’t add 100 points per level on items or it forces me to just use the next item I get that is one or two levels better than what I have and I automatically swap to it.

As a spin off it may slow down Gold Farm and Item selling sites if they have to play the Campaign before unlocking trade, but after you do this the first time none season and maybe again in season you can trade all you like based on the Devs plans.

It works well and you can add Races at different points in a season or before one, just thinking of all the work that is put into Campaign Bosses, but after the first time they get played you never fight them again,
Bring them back at the end of Dungeons or Towers, insert the correct place here.
On that not all places we dive deep into have to be a Dungeon. What if some cults build Towers that loom over a village spreading fear in the locals.

I have stated this before but with the hidden quests if a random code is added to a character when we start a game then little things like secret places can stay that way longer, I don’t what to be able to say ok Google show me all the secret places in D4.

I think that was added just to show us what could be done with Key Dungeons and that being the case if you dont like that option trade it for one you like or break it down to be made into other Keys.

This is where a better version of the Armoury can work not changing skills but items if you can keep the play style and swap out say half of your gear to change just enough so X Content can be done that maybe a good option.

D4 looks good so far…The only thing I hate about it is World Bosses… It FORCES people to party. I am a loner In real life and In the gaming world. I like to solo, not party, Please do not force me to party to get certain loots. Thank you.

P/S. This is not a MMO…so please…reconsider this. make it Soloable.

1 Like