Diablo IV Announcement Discussion

So you mashed WoW MMO elements and PoE graphics/engine together and called it D4.

Massive let down for me.

4 Likes

Pretty excited! Just watched the panel. They answered a lot of questions I had.

4 Likes

Yes, they stated that - They also said it is solo-able

3 Likes

@Nevalistis

The links on the D3 Home Page for the Diablo Immortal Update and the Diablo IV Unveiled Blogs appear to be broken.

(I’m on a PC using Firefox, latest version).

Edit: They appear to be working now.

Check out the replay of the panel if you can. They show it and a number of other features of the game. More info than the opening of Blizzcon.

That answers one question. The other two were major points for me and can they be answered?

This is exactly what we are crying for! Thx blizzard.

3 Likes

So can we expect some form of info/communication about this game within the next 6-9 months? Would love to see A LOT more open communication with the fans this time around unlike with D3. :frowning:

4 Likes

Don’t know what to say about the gameplay, but the cinematic gave me more chills than any horror movie I recently watched…

Didn’t see anything on those - Tomorrow at 12:15 there is another panel on game mechanics stuff, maybe there.

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYY GOD darker really gory, I am super excited, can’t wait to play it. I’m felling like 20 years ago when I first played diablo 1, seriously took me out off center can’t wait to PLAY Diablo 4 amazed, I’m really happy. Thanks the lord a really good game coming. I can’t wait till they announce the release date, hopefully 2020, who knows let’s hope for the best, hopefully we’ll be able to trade on the game that would be awesome!

4 Likes

Cautiously optimistic about D4. You guys really nailed the mood and atmosphere with that trailer, and the gameplay looks great for an early build. I’m so glad you finally adopted that grittiness that made the older titles so memorable as well. Not too excited about the forced multiplayer thing, but we’ll have to see. I’ve always enjoyed my Diablo solo first and foremost, and I don’t like to be forced to play with others just to get somewhere in the game. Other than that, things look very promising thus far.

However, I can’t help but wonder how will the big wigs screw this one up. This has nothing to do with the developers, the CMs or the amazing artists behind the project, so please don’t take this personally or as an attack on the game, because it is not. I’m just so damn tired of this industry being ran by greedy hacks that only seek to fleece their customers with a metric ton of microtransactions.

I know there has to be some sort of revenue tail in order to fund additional development of the project, but for the love of Diablo, don’t even attempt the same crap you tried with the RMAH for D3. It’s not hard to see what the fans hate about the current over-monetization trends in the modern games industry. You have the tools to either make or break this thing if you focus too hard on that, so be mindful of what you do here, please.

14 Likes

Ask those questions tomorrow for me… They don’t have to be in the initial stages, but they are important down the road.

Overall D4 got me excited. I think though that the graphics in some areas was not convincing at all, like the highlands (?). The desert and most dungeons looked much better! Talent tree seems interesting, looking forward to learn more on that! The open world is a good approach, and the non-linear levelling experience for sure. I also got optimistic for the custumization options. Combat feel on the other hand has dropped off ever since D1 in my opinion. D4 seems alot like D3 during combat. I also hoped for a wow-style “over the shoulder” camera view, but I’m fine to have this introduced for D5. This game is on a good path.

1 Like

I’m sitting here in Florida on my laptop, I don’t think I’ll be able to ask questions. Might try one of the streamer types.

Nevalistis, I’d like to play Diablo 4 with Demon Hunter. Regards.

5 Likes

Where is a schedule of the streamers that will be streaming D4? They briefly mentioned them in the D4 Unveiled section but I can’t find anymore information.

1 Like

11 Likes

Only ones I remember are RhYkker and Wolfcryer

2 Likes

I sent tweets to Leviathan, who is there and will hopefully have answers. Neinball is also there.

2 Likes