Diablo IV - An Argument for Limited Respecs and Choices with Gravity - Feedback

As well as when you level quests give you point respecs, as well as a drop item so if you need to change a few things along the way, say you pick up an item that you want to test out, then use them at that time.
Do the same as PoE get few point respecs as you level from quests that are character bound so not trade-able.

So, who read all that crap?

2 Likes

Just have it like Diablo 2, where players can respec a character for free a few times only. After that, if a person wanted to respec said character again, they would need to grind for it (similar to Diablo 2 respec tokens).

3 Likes

Not sure if this was said yet but d2 DID have a respec system, and you could respec your stats and skill points. Iā€™m pretty sure there was a limit of 3 times per character, which was really good cuz if you accidentally screwed up your stat allocation at some point you could respec. You wouldnā€™t just use it wanton because you felt like being a fire sorc today and an ice sorc in 5 mins and hey look a lightning sorc I think Iā€™ll try that.

That being said, there probably wonā€™t be any stat allocation, (as in Diablo 3 or wow) since stat allocation ā€œis boringā€, so the opportunity to really mess up your character wonā€™t be there.

My guess is youā€™ll just pay like 1k gold at charsi and she will let you reroll your class. Like in WoW

It doesnā€™t destroy the ARPG experience , said every theorycrafter and build creator ever .

2 Likes

you can also , if you really like the rpg system , never use the respec possibility .
itā€™s only YOUR choice and opinion

some like your style of gaming , but others donā€™t have time or donā€™t want to spend this time to create a new toon cause of a mistake .

this doesnā€™t make D3 a bad ARPG but a new style of view of this game-type

3 Likes

You still have to choose which of the 6 abilities you want to use. Itā€™s still a choice no matter how you slice it. Whether they are meaningful or not is a completely different argument. Which I tend to agree itā€™s not. But you cant roll out with every ability, one must choose 6 out of the dozens to use.

1 Like

No respec = no D4 for me

I rather be able to experiment with stuff than reading online about what builds might be fun to play in the endgame. In D2 & 3 I only enjoy a handful of builds, and I wonā€™t play D4 for months/years to maybe find a build that is fun to play. Boring gameplay is a waste of life.

11 Likes

I loved D2 with all my heart, but the stat allocation and potential to mess up your character are antiquated systems. Not all of us enjoy rerolling due to messing up our characters.

7 Likes

I absolutely understand some of your points, but also completly disagree with some. But in the end I just get the feel like you grew out of the current gaming scene. The things you want are now ā€œretroā€ And the only way they get into that game is if they wanna make it ā€œRetroā€. If not then there surely will be people making such games but i hardly believe itā€™s gonna be a Diablo. Games now are made to be easy and user friendly, and thatā€™s a good thing because thatā€™s how you get more folks to buy it. But ofc WoW: Classic proved us that older concepts can still work and generate some Hype so Iā€™m looking forward for D4 to change my opinion on that.

Well you would be wrong. The only things that slightly resemble D2 are a simple skill tree, having to choose where to place talent points, eventhough we will be able to unlock and max them all out so it will be exactly like D3 if you play long enough, and restrictions on gear with the ADA system as of now.

Everything else points to a mix of old (D1 atmosphere, D2 pseudo character customization and pseudo trade, and D3 combat smoothness, frenetic pace of combat, endgame activities, and ultimately fully customizable skill loadouts. And the new, Shared world, a full world to explore, eventually all of Sanctuary, and world/zone events.

So itā€™s not just a return to D2. Itā€™s more of looking back at all the previous installments and taking what they feel is best from them all and attempting to make something new. Itā€™s not your time, itā€™s not my time, itā€™s Diablo time. If you don5like thendirection when it comes out, continue to play D2. If you like it buy and support D4. Regardless of what it ends up being, outside of some P2W mobile-like garbage, Iā€™ll play and enjoy it as I did with 1, 2, and 3. How things are implemented will determine how long that enjoyment lasts. Be it until I beat the game with 1, a couple years with 2, or almost the entire time with 3.

2 Likes

Im just representin for the diablo 2 lovers man. I hope we get plenty of *** that we like and its more akin to #2 than #3. Ill most likely buy it as they do at least SEEM open to fixing some of the mistakes of 3 but if I stay, become invested for years and continue to dish out cash is another question.

Overall Iā€™m really happy blizzard is working on this and Iā€™m excited to see the end product. Iā€™ll put my 2 cents in because Iā€™m Diablo 2ā€™s biggest fan and I love the franchise, love the theme and love killing messed up demons with weapons and magic.

1 Like

Some people like to make different characters for different role, some people like to have one char that can do multiple roles.

My first character in D3 was a Dh called Shiver. She is still the Dh I play today. There is a charm of charcter that grow over time. I would love what she did, all the mobs she slay, decisions she made become like a book in game, that grows in time.

But it could be just me.

THIS IS NOT D2 YOU STUPID MOFOā€¦ and go play D2 alreadyā€¦geezus christ

3 Likes

Diablo 2 have infinite respect, was added too late sadly. it sucks that you make a mistake in the build and you have to start over that is no replayability in a game. you can still level up an make multiple chars and never change them if you dont want. Diablo 3 is an Action Role Playing game. is role game and have a lot of action. if you are too bored or need different game i recomend you to play something else

4 Likes

I just want a fun game no matter the direction. I enjoyed D2 but prefer D3. If we can get a game similar to D2 butbwith the combat and control of D3, with a few more endgame activities Iā€™ll be happy.

I seem to fit a minority that enjoyed both, rather all three. It seems too often the forum goers have to be defined by D2 lover/D3 hater or D3 lover/D2 hater, when there I like both prefer one.

All 3 games had their faults, however everyone has differing opinions on what that is. Personally, I could live with a D2 clone as long as I had more available respec options. You and others my like having multiple of the same class but different builds. I hate re rolling the same class because I messed something up or didnā€™t like how some abilities worked in game compared to on paper. It doesnā€™t need to be free like D3, I would be fine with spending some resource like in Grim Dawn where you can take points out individually at a cost until you get rid of the talent or ranch you donā€™t like, or keep going until you have completely erased everything. Itā€™s there but it costs. That way one does not need to waste time trolling or in my case just quitting the first time around because I really didnā€™t feel like wasting another 30+ hours or to fix a path I didnā€™t like.

2 Likes

OP how about you just ignore the respec and play the game the way you like, and let others enjoy the feature if they want to. No one forces you to respec your characters, you know?

4 Likes

if there is something to max, its the active skills, which are limited by your skillbar at least
the talent tree is not maxable and thats the reason, it has a respec atm.
it makes no sense to just activate all passive skills for your character. then, you could just not have them at all and increase the charactes power by leveling up.

Not the passive tree, the abilities you use. I swear every game calls them something else.

The argument against this is lame. It can easily not be used. Another character can easily be made if one chooses. These options are good. Itā€™s like being told I have to use a certain ability and tune on my Crusader build because itnis most optimal. But I donā€™t like it and choose to use else. I am playing my way not the games.

1 Like