Diablo III PTR 2.7.5 - Has Concluded

A few more bits of napkin math. I’m going to leave commentary on Natalya for somebody else, since it’s a complete rebuild of the set.

Masquerade Bone Spear Necro is most of the way back to what it once was. In fact, considering the additional gains to all builds (from the GR changes) since it was originally nerfed, Masquerade may well end up being the strongest build in the game once again. The PTR changes take the build from a total 671x multiplier to 2801x, which is 4.17x more damage, or about +9 tiers. For our current “adjusted clear” numbers, we have Masquerade at 145.0. Add 9 tiers, and you get 154.0, which is a hair stronger than Tal Rasha Meteor Wizard is currently.

Typhon Wizard gets doubled damage, which should take it from a peak adjusted clear of 144.9 up to about 149.3. That should make it the 3rd strongest Wizard build (behind Tal Meteor and LoD Meteor).

Patterns of Justice Monk gets a 33% buff, worth about 2 tiers. That should move its peak adjusted clear to about 146.4… not going to break any records, but that puts it more solidly in A-tier, and makes it a hair better as a speed build.

At first I was a little baffled that there is no damage (or mitigation) buff to Raiment Monk. I mean, the build is terrible- one of the 5 weakest in the game. But, I think they are thinking that the changes to the Monk skills will make the necessary difference. Let’s see: I guess they could be imagining that people would play something like this:

This would give 5x damage from Combination Strike. And, you’d also get a buff of, essentially, +20% damage for every enemy you can hit with the combo of Deadly Reach and Hundred Fists (15% from the former, 5% from the latter). So, at 10 enemies, that would be +200%, or 3x, which would make 15x total when paired with Combination Strke. That’s about +17 tiers of damage. Or, if you could hit 30 enemies with those skills, you’d be at +600%, or 7x, and 35x total, which is +22-23 tiers of damage.

Right now, Raiment is at 137.7 on the adjusted clear board, so 23 tiers of damage would take you to 160.7! I don’t expect all of that damage to actually show up, but just based on this quick check, it sure seems like Raiment will be an extremely strong build, though it will also be very glassy.

Edit: I gave this some more thought and have an updated, less-OP prediction for the set based on all of the buffs for Raiment being additive into the same pool:

Actually, on further thought, I’m guessing that Combination Strike, Deadly Reach, and Hundred Fists will all be additive into the same pool. I think HF:Assimilation is that way now, and assuming it stays that way, and Deadly Reach is the same, that ought to produce a less insane result. Let’s see…

I think the only additive buff Raiment Monk carries now is 30% on Belt + Pants.

If all these new buffs are additive, then you’d be getting a maximum of +300% from CS, let’s say 30 enemies * 15% = +450% from Deadly Reach, and 30 enemies * 5% = +150% from Hundred Fists. So that’s a total buff of +900%, making a grand total of +930%, including the numbers on gear. So that’s 10.3x / 1.3x, or 7.92x, or +13 tiers of damage, which would take you to an adjusted clear of 150.7. That’s certainly good, but not the insane numbers we get if one or more of these buffs ends up being a separate multiplier.

It’s also only +300-320% vs a single target (just 300% from CS and 20% from those two generators), meaning 4.2x / 1.3x, or a 3.23x buff. So, vs, a single target, only a gain of about 7.5 tiers, giving an adjusted clear around 145. Then again, killing single targets has never been this build’s problem, since you stack Stricken extremely fast, up to 10x/second.

4 Likes

I disagree with that idea. Multishot Marauder’s is already strong so changes to Yang’s and DML might be a buff too far. I expect that side effect is why they only changed the 6p bonus.

1 Like

From what?

I think this could be very interesting. Seems more various choices of power rather than “pick out of these 3”.

Item level requirements are removed with 1 Flawless Diamond (or greater), 15 Arcane Dust, 30 Resuable Parts?

What level do gems start to drop? 15-20? Then you can just craft level 70 gear and shortcut leveling 1-70?

This altar needs to be restricted to level 70 heroes only, or else just start everyone at level 70.

The document containing vast amount of recommendations from many sources, including D3 community which he delivered it to Blizzard months ago.

1 Like

It shouldn’t be in there at all unless they bump up the gemstone droprate. I’m playing since release. I have two staffs of Herding (one in SC, one in HC)… I never got another gemstone despite having slain Chiltara at least a bazillion times over the recent decade. This requirement has to go/be replaced. Or they need to fix the drop rate.

4 Likes

Some initial feedback in regards to the presentation of the blog:

If there is a change to a Skill or an Item or a Set Bonus, and all that is changing is a number, only cross out the number and replace it with the new one (in red color) behind it.

Because if everything gets crossed out, people expect that not just a number changes, but the the effect / the mechanic as a whole.

At least that is how we Diablo players have been trained to over the years by the Patch Blogs that came out over these years.

TY!

4 Likes

Which who delivered?

Very cool ideas but some of those sacrifices are too much.

So I’m on the PTR for one week, but still have to start as level 1? Ugh. Give me the option to start with a level 70 with 200 bloodshards please. Yes, I know someone will powerlevel, but why???

Also, on the PTR, is it even possible to get a Challenge Rift Cache? And do they think anyone is going to get a Staff of Herding in that short amount of time? Come on!

Actually, super bummed about the Nat’s changes. A buff or two or a little bit of tinkering was all we wanted. Now it’s a Spike Traps build. Pleh. RIP most lovely of builds. ;(

Gems start dropping at lvl20, flawless at 30.

You dense on purpose?

2 Likes

Why couldn’t you just answer the question without being insulting. I didn’t know what a “Raxx” was.

2 Likes

Didn’t mean to be insulting. It’s just hard to believe someone doesn’t realize Raxx is short for Raxxanterax, rather well known person in the D3 community.

How do we go about acquiring the challenge rift cache on PTR? I can’t remember if the vendor has it and it’s needed to unlock a seal.

3 Likes

You’re not missing much. I’m highly entertained that Blizz has done nothing in that document of demands… Almost makes me want to go back on Twitch to savour the :salt: :salt: though it seems there’s already plenty on here.

2 Likes

great patch looking forward for this

1 Like

I’ve played this game since the beginning and I’ve never heard of him. Looking at the video, I assume he’s a streamer or something? If so, I don’t watch streamers. To me, they’re just random people on the internet like everyone else and no more credible.

Side note: Funny fact about the guy who liked your insult post was the same person who made a big stink not long about, saying the same about himself. “I’m a famous person in the D3 community” and got super pissed when I said “Never heard of you”. I didn’t do it to start anything. I see that type of thing all the time. People self-proclaiming themselves to be famous/important, etc.

2 Likes

Do you use D3planner or Maxroll? He is one of the main authors and founders of the website.

2 Likes

Well, to unlock a third seal you have to be lvl 70.

No, I use other sources.