Diablo 3 will end at season 30

Annacakelive posted a video saying that diablo 3 will have season 30 and after that game will recycle content, i was expectating that for some time, diablo 2 will be always 4 month ladder and diablo 4 will be 3 months so we can play both season/ ladder if we want, i just want so see reworked blackthorne before final patch LOL, what are u thoughts for d3 end?

2 Likes

Did she give an official reference from Blizzard?

Yes she gave, likely blizz will post d3 death after season 30 launch

https://youtu.be/sOuLQ1Wacnc

2 Likes

Thank you, if true no need to play D3 after S29. I will be all in on D4.

2 Likes

Me too. I hope that they do a good job with d4.

2 Likes

I played some of the beta….and it wasn’t bad as some claimed. Still on the fence about devoting s lot of time on it.

But I’ll definitely be playing a necromancer if I do play it full time

3 Likes

I will be playing D4 when it comes out. Sure there are some issues, but like everything else, you can’t get everything you want. Sorcerer and Necro were lots of fun to play. Hope they don’t nerf them. Rogue was also fun. Barbarian was underpowered for me. Hopefully he’ll get buffed a bit by launch date. Druid I did not play. A lot of people complained about his damage output and being too clunky.

6 Likes

WRONG!
Is death by release Season 28.
I think it was intended by Blizzard to give people a lot of buffs to make the game boring and move them to D4.
Also, the hordes of losers who are not working and have no life will play continuously S28 to gain paragons and overpopulate the leaderboard in non-season. Waste time playing D3…

Sad news if this means that even useless themes like double goblins or follower update will be repeated, especially if no future balancing is planned. D3 is indeed nearing its end of life.

1 Like

Well then Rip Diablo. Guess I’ll have to check out PoE 2 or Last Epoch. Screw D4.

2 Likes

Why are we believing any of this just because some YouTuber said it?

Post where Blizzard has said this otherwise keep your speculation to yourself. Can’t believe people are assuming it’s actually true.

10 Likes

Either the YouTuber was lying about asking questions to Joe Shely & Rob Fergusson on their press tour or she wasn’t.

I’m choosing to believe that Shely and Fergusson were actually in Berlin and that the YouTuber was actually at the press tour and was able to ask questions and get answers.

1. Too much downside for her if she’s lying about attending an event that she didn’t attend.
  2. Too much downside for her channel if she reported her interaction wrong.
  3. Too much downside if she misinterpreted the answers from Shely or Fergusson.
6 Likes

just watched the vid. small correction: apparently there will be a season 29 with new content (we shouldn’t expect something as big as S28) and season 30 onwards will consist of recycled content

7 Likes

D3 had a good run I hope they do a D3 remaster someday. But I will not count on it because some people just complain and cry about everything. I was never a GR rift fisher who was obsessed with being on the cheater board treadmill, with all of the buffs that give you the illusion of being a good player. So, for now I will concentrate on D4.

3 Likes

I doubt D3 would ever get remastered. It has too many issues. A remake, maybe? Re-tool acts 3 and 4 to have a better narrative? Maybe. But that won’t happen for maybe a decade+.

D4 nearly has better combat in the beta already and D3 is all about the combat. I think we can expect D2R and D4 to get the brunt of any support for the forseeable future.

What can I say, it was a good run 'till the end. I got my maximum stash tabs and can hang around for afew more. If they can fix bugs and maintain a healthily long testing phase to not let any exploits happen again, why not?

If they were to remake Diablo 3, or remaster it I have no doubt that game would be great and balance, smoothness of combat will all be there. I’d have a few requests about a D3 remake for sure, but the most important one would be its story and dialogue being rewritten. Its story is dull and predictable, its only twist is that there is no twist. Rest of my silly requests are for another thread, perhaps.

1 Like

I thought they’d start recycling seasonal themes with season 29 honestly. At this point, buffing the low tier sets and classes should be the priority. But I don’t think the people working on D3 really care about that.

In an ideal world, D3 would of had offline mode and mod support for private servers. But that never happened and D3 will just fade away so they can get everyone into D4. I’ll likely choose Last Epoch and POE 2 over D4.

4 Likes

They were all photographed together. The photo is on twitter.

1 Like

It is true, blizzard will launch diablo 4 and after that some performance patches, after bugs and others things fixed they will launch d4 seasons.

Season 28 will end before diablo 4 launch and they will launch season 29, after that u will see that they will kill d3 so we can focus on diablo 2 and diablo 4, they want more people buying diablo 4 and the battlechest.

U can see for yourself that blizz recent games all have Bp and that is because people spend a good amount of money on that.

1 Like

I’m late to the party, so I’m ok with that. I wish I enjoyed D4, but I don’t, so recycling works for me.

2 Likes