Diablo 3 will end at season 30

Disappointing that they wont make even some new content for future seasons, but I’ll take recycled D3 seasons over D4 and PoE2.

Lots of past seasons were fun (shadow clones, shards, ethereals etc). I’ll just skip the weak ones like Triune etc.

EDIT: Even seasons with the 4th cube slot could be fun now that we don’t have to waste it on Nems bracer

3 Likes

So 2 more seasons with something new potentially? Not bad. This is almost another year of updated content for D3. After that, I will probably still play to get cosmetics if seasonal journeys continue, and for a bit of nostalgia of course. I am fine with that decision. I guess D4 will be the main focus of everyone after its release.

2 Likes

no, just one more season

1 Like

Season 29 will be the last new contents season for D3. Hope Blizzard will bring all the season features to Single-player mode.

3 Likes

So season themes will be recycled, wich was expected at some point, but will it also mean totally no new content like new or updated legendary’s or some new qol in the future?

1 Like

After a point anything is possible. Especially if game’d be kept at minimal patches to keep it alive. They can easily slap some of the QoL features into the Conqueror stage of Season Journey and there you go. Season themes recycle and you have a working model.

2 Likes

I hope the future of D3 involves people not calling this a theme anymore.

3 Likes

I hope that they put some qol and fix trash set/legendary items at least.

1 Like

Wait till you also get echoing nightmares season, but without the extra xp, or LoN but with mandatory LoD.

Actiblizz killed HotS and SC2, I don’t see why D3 will be spared - or offered any type of support beyond bug fixes (not even balancing).

They aren’t morons, it’s pointless to recycle seasons which theme has been baseline for years in some cases.

I would imagine they will take the 10 or so themes which actually changed up the gameplay somewhat and have them on a loop.

1 Like

They can always mix and match previous season themes as long as it doesn’t involve them creating new item classes or interfaces together in the same season theme. I wouldn’t expect to see Ethereals and Soul Shards together for Season 32, but you may never know.

she is not proof!

Diablo 3 will begin a new rotation of seasons starting with the 30 season! This will be the third rotation and it will end on the 42nd season.

just look on D2! :smiley:

Diablo 3 will never die :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

That could be a better way moving forward. If we get nine usable season themes (unlocked cube, 4 cube slots, pandemonium stacks, trials of tempest, ethereals, soul shards, angelic crucibles, altar, S29 theme), then every season we could get a combination of two? that will last for a while, considering few (2? 3?) seasons/year.

1. Who?
  2. No it won’t. Diablo 2 still has seasons. Themes may start recycling.

Who?

A streamer that recently met with Rod and Joe. There is photo documentation on twitter. She has even been featured on the battlenet app itself.

1 Like

unsubbing before this devolves into racism/sexism. ah the internet

See the thread about people wanting “hot” druids? It’s already began.

lol some people rly need to get a life…

1 Like

This assumes that D4 will be a commercial success. If it flops, they may change their minds about D3. Those two guys are not the ones making strategic decisions. If MS buys them everything will change.

D2R will have 4 month season… D2 will always be 6 months.

That means that D3 Season 31 will be the same, before Season Theme’s came out.
Season will happen, it just will be recycled basic seasons with core game in seasons.

1 Like