Diablo 2 Resurrected No Lobby?

I know they can’t please everyone, but how long would you play this game basically alone. This game is not meant to be played like that.

7 Likes

They probably assumed most console players would be d3 gen z’ers wouldn’t know how it used to be, assuming us d2 boomers wouldn’t notice or that most of us would play on pc

3 Likes

I dont think they banked on us being stupid, i just think they did the best they could with the funding they have. You only can go as far, as you capable at the time.

1 Like

Okay but they had to change the system to what it is, wouldn’t that cost money to do on a game where that system wasn’t the one already in place?

1 Like

Agree, please read devs. I fee like the game is pretty great but just add like a make public game and title and allow people to join. That’s all you really need.

3 Likes

Funny that people already try to find excuses why a proud high end games Company is not able to make game list and a simple Letter Chat Info the modern Konsole. I will not give up that early . The game can be a huge sucess, bit thats needs some work on it. Why we did beta if nobody cares our Main 2 Problem s.

3 Likes

I have already refunded.

If I am buying a car I don’t pay full price for it if it is missing some features like no steering wheel, tyres or engine. That would be silly. No one should buy that car and then the owner will fix it because they need to sell it and no one will buy it when it is broken. If people are happy to buy that car broken the owner will happily sell the car and not bother fixing it, why would they when someone is happy to pay full price for it while it’s missing key features!

If this happened in D2 and zero people bought it on console they will fix the multiplayer features, 100% guaranteed, they will listen to us. They can’t afford to sell zero console copies.

The problem is there are always some people who will, for some reason, buy a product missinf key features rather than wait for them to be fixed, and if enough people do this, the same people who complain about it lacking features, but still buy it anyway, then they will not fix the game, they have the money already so why bother.

They are in effect trying to sell you a product missinf key features while the PC players get a full product for the same price, if you buy it then they will never fix it with people paying them for the version missing key features. Why would they?

Only chance we have if people tell them it’s not right and they need to fix it before we can play it. We all want to play it but play the full PC version on console with communication.

7 Likes

There will always be people play it as a Single Player, and pay for it. But i think the Company knows that they can sell huge amount more if this will be a great multiplier expierience. Even PC Player bought copies but they all will refund it like this.

2 Likes

Exactly but there are some players who complain it’s lack of mutiplayer features and still buy it.as it is right now, all they are doing is meaning we have less chance of a fix probably.

1 Like

I dont think this few players make the Differenz, there will be a much higher Differenz in selling if the game becomes Popularität and great on All console. We will have around 40 Millionen new Konsoles Sold up to February 22( ps5x/ new x box) not even calculating ps4 and other If the first wave of players calls is bad in sozial Aspects they loose huge amount of sells later on

1 Like

Let’s hope they fix it then it’s all we want. They may be relying on console diablo 3 players buying it who were new to diablo on console and don’t know any better about communication on d2. I don’t think this will be the case. I have 24 friends on my PS friends list who played diablo 3 on console. Only 2 have pre-ordered d2R, I don’t think the remaster will be bought by as many new players because it’s a remaster so hopefully as original players not buying the product until fixed, we will have more impact for change with this title than we did with d3.

2 Likes

No way this is the case. It was implemented on PC which means it already had funding to be set like that. They took additional funding to make it different via consoles. Consoles are so close to pcs nowadays there is no reason they should half-A it for us.

5 Likes

What else can we do besides writing on the forums to get this done implemented? I have been anticipating this game for a while now and I’m an original d2 player. No other games that have been made since 2000 have captured my interest as d2 has. Is there a way to get an answer from the DEVS if they are working on this or they don’t plan on implementing this feature! We need some direction and once we get it, we can decide to rejoice with anticipation or decide to move on from D2R.

3 Likes

Use other forum that they hear our voice make the PC Player know this, even tell it to Streamer or feedbacks on any who test it. The only Thing what helps is pressure from the paying players they cant want it to flop on All Konsole

3 Likes

Xbox live has LFG that can be used as lobbies.

This sux because its outside of game. But great because you can advertise multiple things while jumping in and out of playable games.

1 Like

Are they seriously going open beta this weekend on consoles with no chat lobby or other in game form of communication? WTF.

8 Likes

Lobby like in legacy Diablo 2 and Diablo 2 Ressurected on PC is a must have on consoles.
Im old D2 Player who dont own PC only Xbox right now and i dont imagine playing D2R without old lobby.

Please any of Blizzard employee answer us in this topic if it possible to implement old lobby on consoles in D2R. We really need your position in this topic.

7 Likes

A bandaid fix would be to add like 40 sub categories to free roam

Baal runs
Chaos runs
Cow runs
Tristram runs
Tomb Runs
Magic find
Skill / stat quest
Rushing
PvP

There’s plenty more that could be added but if they did that at the very least then we can hyper focus on the activities that aren’t quest related

3 Likes

There is a update for this weekend, So lets hope thay heard us.

That would be a decent temporary fix if they don’t have a lobby ready in time. My issue would be trading. Each build has specific items needed which can be very rare and require negotiations. Handling this in a lobby and game name like in d2 (ex: nigma4soj) would save everyone tons of time.