Diablo 2 Resurrected No Lobby?

We shouldnt go the way of refunding but of demanding the full, untarnished experience on consoles.
From a technical standpoint its possible to fix this without any big issues.
And its not that the devs WANT to make a lackluster console version.
They are just too disconnected from the player base on consoles and thought that D3 matchmaking system is the way we want it.
By now they know that they got it wrong.
So if we are vocal about it and keep up the pressure here and on social media they will fix it.

1 Like

Its nice to see some optimism about this case, but i have to inform you, its way, way more difficult to add lobby on the consoles, we are talking about small developers team with low funding, i dont see how they would pull it off, so close to the release, because they already chose diablo 3 route, which was fail from the jump, but i guess it was the only choice with the funding they have, only way i could see them bringing lobby to the consoles, is if some investors step that money up, and thats less than likely to happen, so my guess is we might get chat function with categories like free roam, baal run and so on. But lobby is way, way too expensive, you can also forget about mouse and keyboard, thats even harder to pull on the consoles.

They are no indie studio but working on a multi million dollar Blizzard IP.
I dont see money as an issue here.
They just have to port the lobbies they have on PC over to consoles.
It all runs on the same battle.net infrastructure and PS4/5 and Xbox One/Series are very similar to PCs in their inner workings.

There is almost no way they get it right at launch because of time constraints, but for an all digital game in 2021 launch is just a date of access to a game and no date where development suddenly stops.
If we get lobbies and chat in November or December Iā€™m fine with that.

7 Likes

They have no crossplay because Sony tends to not allow it/charge money for it.
And the days of the PS3 where consoles still were a different beast hardware wise are long gone.
You plug a random PC usb keyboarc into a PS4 and it works in every game that allows it.

I see a bright future for D2R.
Even with new content down the road.
It will sell very well, its a great game on PC and it will be fixed on consoles.
The devs want to deliver the best experience on consoles, they just got it wrong.
Now they begin to see the mistake they made (thats what a beta test is for) and they will figure out how to iron in out in the following months.
People just shouldnt capitulate and walk away because things are messed up day 1.
Just stick around, keep reminding the devs, make them read ā€œlobbies for consoles asapā€ on twitter every day and they will get it.
Because they too want to make a good job and deliver a good product and this game is just starting out.

I sure wish you are right, and i definitely hope im wrong, time will tell.

I hope you are right but most of what you say is just hopefullness and optimism with nothing grounded in any evidence that they will change things. I donā€™t think any of these will happen, especially not if people buy it as it is but letā€™s hope you are right.

You are right yes, but they highlighted what they did and dedicated a paragraph to another major concern without addressing anything regarding to consoleā€¦ itā€™s worrying.

2 Likes

Honestly we just need some reassurance that this is in fact a feature they are looking to implementā€¦ if not on day 1, fineā€¦ but at least let us know it is coming sometime in the future and that they are actively working on it. The console D2R community will surely die out quick if it isnā€™t added.

1 Like

Yea they could just write we work on it and e will find solution for lobby/chat for our playerbase. But you know what ,> they dont so most of the Player feeling like we are not worth, only worth grabbing some money. Nobody sayed the have to implement stufd tomorrow. Only a few writing they Diskuss the important issue and will find a way , one month left until refund without core mechaniks

1 Like

I think they donā€™t communicate because they wonā€™t add it so they keep quiet and hope people buy it because if they say we not adding it no one will. They hope some people for some reason buy it broken.

You know that diablo 3 is Sold 30 Million times now , and its real crap
I imagine diablo d2r can be sold so much more over the next 10 years. And even on All Konsole. They cant be So much noob to make it bad and dont see this chance .

I donā€™t think d2R will sell as much as diablo 3. We all know as vets d2 is better but it is labelled as a remaster so I donā€™t think as many new players will buy it like the did with the new game d3. On my playstation friends list it says 24 people own d3, 2 have pre ordered d2R. I know more time to come but we will see.

I have 3 old friends from highschool 1997 , who all want to play it Konsole + PC they will buy both Version if they fix issues . I think there are many more like this . And if this game gets good Feedback on Konsole even more people later on. I dont thknk they like bad press

I have noticed this also and at least give voice chat or text chat on the Console and you canā€™t even use the necro to play the game at all

We need to keep this thread going. Just realized I can post on the forums when u could not last weekend.

Bring lobbies to console or refunded. How can you say this is D2 without the most important aspect. No word from the devs at all on this topic.

3 Likes

No Lobby, no endgame, no fun, no Diabloā€¦

6 Likes

Diablo 2R for console without lobby is created for casual players - kill Baal and uninstall, but real fun BEGINS with Baal death. Removing lobby is totaly destruction this amazing gameā€¦

6 Likes

Any word from Blizzard about this? :confused:

Nope they just steal ur money thats all

1. Party Chat

2. Making a post for selling items, runes, pvp games, etc. XBOX and PS functions can make posts for the game very easily.

If you want a ā€˜Lobbyā€™, play on PC. PoE has no lobbies, neither does D3 so why expect D2 to have them on console?