Diablo 2 Resurrected in Review and the Case for a Charms-only inventory: Will it fix a 20 year old Problem?

I could accept the addition of a dedicated Charm inventory but it should not be equal in size. Limiting the Charm inventory to 5x4 or a tiny bit less would be perfect imo.

Charms are already too powerful and not necessary to complete the game. It’s just power creep. So decreasing the total amount we can carry wont hurt. Strong builds will still be strong and bad ones will continue to be bad regardless. Only skill balance can change that.

Also it makes more sense that our hero would carry a few charms, not a crap-ton like we currently are capable of.

No this isn’t the same thing. Until I can store an unidentified pair of waterwalks on my head slot, your point doesn’t hold any water.

Your inventory slots can only store specific things. Your bag space can store anything that can fit into it, which makes it fundamentally different.

No this would be even worse, from either stand point. It would directly affect the actual balance of the game, not just some “d2 magic” nonsense.

We don’t need a shared stash then. The concerns that lead to a shared stash can be solved by the player right now. That’s what muling does.

Again, an argument for inconvenience for the sake of inconvenience. And those aren’t really compelling. I’m not sure why people aren’t able to process this?

A shared stash doesn’t alter gameplay, it just removes the need for mules.

A charm bag does change gameplay and behaviour.

There are a lot of dense people posting about this video who either desperate to escape the video’s logic or fail to process it but you probably are the most petty i’ve seen.

but hey you can keep your helm slot free in case you come by a socketed base helm for some dream\we, it’s those little choices that made “d2 magic”. Not everyone would come up with that brilliant strategy too.

Your failure to come up with any good points is making you upset, I can see.

I disagree. Power-wise Charms are not a necessity, perhaps some builds would be hurt defensively. But then I say, buff armor items to make up for that instead.

No it doesn’t - not if i can already MF in the way described in the video. I literally don’t have to change my behavior. I basically never risk losing a good item because i can S/E and rejoin in like 8 seconds.

just using your same logic, you have no argument to begin with, aside that “d2 magic” superstition.

your helm is not a necessity either.

1 Like

The pro charm baggers have derailed their own thread. :popcorn:

I am happy to stay on topic, but I’m not trying convince the devs to change anything so I can wait.

Bloodlust they have just decided this is the correct way to play and actually the only way to play. This decision doesn’t matter because they don’t like it.

Its a subjective opinion they have forced into objective.

I am not against a Charm Inventory as I have said. I just don’t feel it is the “Must Have” feature these guys would lead you to believe and think its different than the other ‘QoL’ Features they try to compare them to.

If you think Charms are of equal importance to Helms in a ARPG like D2, then I’m unable to reach you. Strawmanning get’s us nowhere.

I’d rather have a full inventory of +1 skill 45 lifer than a shako.

1 Like

Is your hellfire torch of lesser importance than your shako?
Are +8 to skill tab +xxx life and + xx resists\max\ar\life\we, less important than your helm?
In the end nothing is of importance if your goal is just to beat the game, it has been done fully naked.
so what we have so far.
arguments against charm inventory:

1. it ruins “d2 magic”
  2. people would pick up items! (shocking!)
  3. people would prebuff in pvp (already invalidated by shared stash)
  4. people would keep junk charms during lvling (which is bad because of reasons)
    anything else>?
4 Likes

I actually prefer expansion over original, and thats one of the resons - invertory full of charms prevent stealing all items.

And yep, you cant grab everything with your cursor. Cube + maybe some spare space and cursor. Still only 2-3 items.

I would prefer a way to inspect other’s gear and see who is not using charms.
That will give us a way to distinguish a leech.

Thank you for compiling this. I’m still waiting on anything that indicates an actual change to the core gameplay caused by this.

I meant in terms of game design. I am very aware how powerful some charms are but that wasn’t my point.