Diablo 2 Resurrected in Review and the Case for a Charms-only inventory: Will it fix a 20 year old Problem?

wait you don’t use amp or decrepify?

I like to use most of the curses… that’s the point: thy give me something to do other than pick up gold.

Even if you just want to go full minion, put at least a few points in other things so you don’t get bored… to death…

1 pt in all curses i found is all I generally needed. I like to make sure I can work in any odd situation.

Realistically any decent Summer should be cursing, waiting for a body to drop and then blowing up the whole screen. But come on any real necy out there knows they just cursed, looked for gold/drops then started CE’ing…

Out of all things to take a stance on as a purist this is just silly.

If they proposed a shared stash to the same people claiming a charm inventory is OP you would have a bunch of people up and arms about it. The issue is the people against it are much louder than the overwhelming majority of supporters.

It’s like arguing with a flat earther.

2 Likes

This is probably true and something i’ve realized over the last couple of hours. My memory of the… variety… of people who play Diablo 2 needed refreshing.

Against it.

Choosing between inv. space and charms is the inherent catch of using charms. I don’t see a problem with people choosing inventory or charms as it currently is.

The main thing the change would have significant impacts on is PvP, where deciding which charms to use is a major factor. Being able to instead, hold onto a huge amount of gear swaps, or prebuff gear will change the balance greatly.

That said, I think being able to ID something directly from the ground would be pretty nice.

4 Likes

We are already getting a shared stash, so you will be able to use all the prebuff and swapgear you want.
Giving people a charm inventory is changing literally nothing about that.

Also it’s not like people wouldn’t use prebuff and swapgear already.

2 Likes

There is a big difference between running back to your stash between every match and just opening your inventory while you’re out in the field.

1 Like

I see now clearly that charm inventory is proposed by those folks, who love stealing items by fastclicking, after Baal dropped something. If you have inventory full of charms - you can grab only 1, maybe 2 items. With charm inventory you can grab everything that boss dropped and tp to town, leaving your teammates without reward.

4 Likes

A big difference of 15 seconds.
Also most people would rather prefer to spend more time actually playing PvP and less time managing their gear for the sole sake of keeping things inconvenient.

So the people who play less efficiently and pull less weight in a run are allowed to “steal” items, but the people who actually carry their weight and do their best to bring the run forward by min/maxing their character aren’t?

What kind of reasoning is that supposed to be? :joy:

1 Like

Dony try to distract people here. You have 1-2 item space - you can grab 1-2 items and leave the rest for others. If you have all your 4x10 inventory free for items - you can grab everything using some scripts and have it all for yourself. This is bad.

Now I really sure that people who want charm inventory want it only to have the opportunity to grab everything that drops from Baal and tp to town, leaving everyone else without any chance of having so desired loot.

3 Likes

personally i hope to never see this change in the game
in my opinion some player can not make choice and want everything free because you have the option to make what you wanted with your inventory
these player are just to greedy and full to much they inventory the time they farm , for pvp is not a issue , also soon the d2re will have a shared stash make everything more easy

5 Likes

So if I were the leecher you accuse me of being, I would simply run Torch and Anni only for maximum item space and ez grabbing.

I have stopped playing in pub runs a long time ago.
I either play with friends and organized loot sharing, or fill my own runs with 7 toons.

I start to get the feeling that you are the leecher who is scared to get less stuff if the charm inventory would be implemented :upside_down_face:

1 Like

“Fixing” the inventory as it relates to charms is only a fix for people who choose to fill their entire inventory with charms. This illusion of needing to fill your entire inventory with charms at all times, and leaving no space to pick up items is the problem. This seems like a hellish OCD way to play and is entirely self-inflicted by the player. Just because the space is there doesn’t mean it needs to have charms in it. You can still do this for PvP or solo progression, or whatever, but you can always adjust your space for public games where it will affect you. Making this change takes away that player choice and the meaning of inventory space.

Admittedly, I play Hardcore primarily and have never had a full inventory of skillers and +all resists/life sc’s, but even still, I usually keep my inventory completely full, except for either the cube, or a 4x2 to 4x4 space for picking up items depending on the quality of charms I currently have, or my need for charms to make up for deficits in gear. But if I had a full bag to just fill up purely with charms, without having to worry about space for picking up items, space for tomes, potions, etc. it would make the game even easier than it already is.

Maybe this is a controversial point to elistists, but if you’re playing in public games where inventory space is so inconvenient that you have to use work arounds like leaving the game with the item on the cursor, or waiting until other players leave the area so you can drop items to identify the item you picked up, you could also consider taking a couple skillers out of your inventory so you can pick stuff up without being so inconvenienced. There are solutions to this problem that are entirely within player agency!

If you’re so fed up with the game that this bothers you so much, consider switching to another game mode. Try out Standard D2 (charms don’t exist!), or Hardcore mode (good luck getting to a point where you even have 8 skillers to load up your inventory with).

7 Likes

Escape from Tarkov is the hell version of tetris inventory.

Thats your problem that you stopped something, and now want to tailor the game to your likings and playstyle.

Charm inventory will aid leechers so much, that this is just beyound my comprehension. Truly, balance-breaking thing. It must be never implemented.

2 Likes

I actually changed my run behavior to work around the absence of a charm inventory and a shared stash.

It’s rather a problem for leechers like you, that you can’t profit of fast and efficient runs anymore, because the current state of the game drives most good players into private runs :woman_shrugging:

People who leech don’t care about min/maxing their character for runs - and you are quite obviously a prime example of that attitude.
You don’t run a full charm inventory to be able to grab as much stuff as possible, let other people carry your weight and then don’t want them to be able to pick up the drops of the monsters they killed for you :woman_facepalming:

Stop trying to distract people with your false accusations.

Now I see with your aggressive defense strategies and accusations without any proof or any reason, that you try to defend having a free inventory while Baal-running, and the only reason for this - to be able to grab more loot than others. Case solved. Enjoy Blizzard forums.

You are the one who wants to have free space here, not me. And you are the one who wants to implement this clearly cheat-mechanics in already-perfect D2 game.

Accusing someone of not carrying their weight for not running 8 skillers makes you sound desperate. That statement is so far from the truth, that you have clearly lost perspective. Maybe lose that toxic, elitist mentality you have and people might take you more seriously.

Making this change would take away this experience from new players. It is a really interesting constant give and take battle as you’re leveling up and increasing your character’s power, to decide which charms to keep in your inventory and which ones not to, based on charm power and gear deficits, and inventory space.

Instead of trying to forcibly add new mechanics inspired by mods that were honestly not all that popular, contrary to what people in these threads say, just adjust your playstyle. It is 100% within your power. Or, if the concept of charms ruin your game experience, consider playing Standard D2.

2 Likes

This is a quality of life change that works

2 Likes