Diablo 2 Resurrected hotkeys

I saw there is already a few mega threads going around about changes that we would like to see but none of them have mentioned this. I think a change should be made to make the hotkeys and skill use more similar to D3 and 4. 1234 and left click right click. if you cant use 1234 due to potions do qwert then. I only think this is a necessary change since using f1 and all that is tedious, plus console/ controller support already allows them to have 6 buttons set up for skills. I know they are trying to be faithful which is great but I think this change would do good for PC as well.

7 Likes

Already posted this in another thread… but 6 spells in the action bar is too limited.
They should increase the action bar to 16 spells as optional to the current D2 UI Key mapping up to 16 spells.
And yes, the pro scene used 10-12+ hotkeys in endgame.
That said, i dont mind if its optional… but VV already stated that they want the players to play D2 as it has always been played by now.
I know controller/console sound totally hypocrite to what they stated but its obvious they did this for marketing purposes.

4 Likes

am i a joke to you? XD

1 Like

My bad quin lol. Thought you left youtube

who are you talking to xD

Yeah, they should definitely update the UI to modern standards.

1 Like

Why is that limited but the two in the original game aren’t?

Its explained in thread until the last posts

So playing with a controller on PC actually allows you to have 6 hot keys to set abilities to and then an additional 6 hot keys if you hold the left trigger giving a total of 12 hotkeys with a controller. I wish they would allow us to have this same layout while using a keyboard and mouse if we want and then we could set keybinds

1 Like

D2 LoD already has 16 hotkeys to bind as many skills to keyboard and mouse.

its not for skill use but only for skill selection

If you’re holding down the mouse button it’s tied to then hit the skill, the skill you mash will activate. The only thing that needs to be changed with keybindings is making all the skills bindable to the left mouse button as well. E.g., Pally auras.

They already said no because it isn’t true to the original experience. Yet they are releasing it on consoles and on PC with controller support with those UIs, and don’t seem to understand that thise were not part of the original experience.

1 Like

that decision is completely braindead

I know, I’m just pointing out the inconsistency and hypocrisy.

You have way more than 4 hotkeys in D2 though. Sure you could go for a mmo-like hotbar with all the possible slots, but then it would mess up the hud badly given the simplicity ARPGs go for.

I’m actually pretty curious how they’re gonna put that on controller, I suspect it will be similar to FF14 (all the face buttons and dpad + LT or RT to toggle between two pages of hotkeys, would total 16 which should be enough for D2) but I haven’t seen their implementation yet

Yeah that really is a great improvement. Not six skills but the hotkeys use the skill instead of select the skill. Its way better.

I’m asking you this because I trust your insight. We once had a conversation a few years ago about how a controller would work for D2 and you were clearly correct. So here it is: if the game being played with keyboard and mouse had skill activation the way D3 does, would that not change the game completely by being able to active one skill while another skill is in use? E.g., Activating a war cry while whirlwinding.

Why not just offer it as an elective option for those that want to quick cast skills from hotkeys? It would make me feel badass accessing multiple skills efficiently. To retain the old fee, purists can manually select skills and manually cast them. Just give us the options.

1 Like

Usually one skill interrupts the other, at least in most games, so if you are WWing and you press the button to use a buff, usually that would cancel the whirlwinding (especially because war cries have their own animations iirc), and since the input for WW is a continuous click, I imagine you would have to click again to restart the spinning. You might gain a few tenths of a second in efficiency but I personally don’t think it would be a huge difference