D2R wait what? XD

is this real?
am i supposed to buy this game on console to actually enjoy gameplay more than on pc? is this a joke lol?
or can we have that option on pc aswell?

1 Like

You are supposed to play games, not watch videos

3 Likes

what are you talking about? i am playing TFT right now

While the youtuber seems kinda…ridiculous (I only watched 5 seconds), I agree that they should offer a toggle to have hotkeys available on PC. I am happy the game is staying very true to what it is and not adjusting much, but for me, I would love to have hotkeys for skills. D2 is the best loot ARPG to this day for me, but this is one of the QoL features they have not confirmed on PC that I think makes it feel a bit older and really strains the wrist.

Just have it so I can cast a spell with the click of either mouse button or a key (or side mouse buttons). Again, they can easily make this an option and not force it on PC players who want it to feel identical.

If enough people voice this opinion, they will likely add it I think.

what do you mean
quin is THE GOAT :smiley:

1 Like

Lol I don’t know him and won’t judge. I guess my impression was that he was a bit over the top instead of offering constructive criticism :P.

Definitely agree wit him though, we need hot buttons in the PC version as well. Not so much for the instant use of a skill (though that is nice), but so I don’t constantly have to click my mouse if I don’t want to. It really does kill the hand.

its a funny mix
he is actually always thinking very reasonable and making very solid points but in a way that would get me banned if i quoted him in here xD

1 Like

These shortcuts resemble Diablo 3.

I hope that in the PC version this does not exist.

This change alters gameplay, de-characterizes the game and makes it less original, I am totally against it in the PC version.

1 Like

yea no
i really like itemization of D2, the lore, the soundtrack, the acting
but dude these controlls are a joke
and when console players are allowed to have a skillbar dont gatekeep me for real…

Just go play on the console.

Or play Diablo III, or Diablo IV.

Diablo 2 is like that, play whoever wants to play.

1 Like

you are gatekeeping^^
it makes no sence to argue with “original whatever” if the game on another platform gets modernized

I don’t want to play on a controller (or at subpar framerates, graphics, resolution, etc.) and I am sure Lolli does not either. He wants to not destroy his wrist and to have an easier way to cast the spells. No harm in making this an option.

2 Likes

It doesn’t even make sense.

There are a lot of damaged Diablo games out there, there is no point in ruining the remastering.

The less they change the gameplay the better it will be.

There was nothing wrong with removing Trade, there was nothing wrong with removing PVP, there was nothing wrong with changing the essence of the game.

Diablo 3 developers.

It is by setting precedents that everything is spoiled.

The less they change the better.

you are not acting rationally
you are acting out of fear

2 Likes

Yep, it is absurd if they dont allow for a skillbar on PC too.

Note; you can play with a controller on PC too. But that is still a terrible solution.

1 Like

You are comparing functional features that affect the gameplay rather than just make a change to QoL in how you interface with the game.

This is like saying having them add in the compare item function is bad, when it is indeed not bad and is quite nice. Who in their right mind would not want the option to have the two item’s text show next to each other for easier comparison?

QoL features like this are good. Not saying stacking potions, that affects inventory/belt system. Not saying to remove 8 players, pvp, or anything like that. I am talking about QoL features that allow you to not get a headache or wrist ache.

I’m acting like someone who bought Diablo 3, saw Diablo Immortal’s Blizzcon and knows what happened to WC3 after the remake.

as i said: fear
“they destroyed something in the past so i am afraid they will destroy it in the future”

1 Like

Changing the shortcuts completely changes the gameplay, there is no point in discussing this.