Diablo 2 is still playable and downloadable

@DemoXin,

I agree and support everything you said! I’m quite a bit older than you are, and played this game from release till … today, on and off. But I also played PoE, GD, D3 and many other aRPGs for thousands of hours, as well as modded versions of D2 and GD.

I’d add to your points that some rework on inventory and stash space would be more than welcome in a loot grind game. There’s nothing wrong to adding 5-6 inventory and 10+ stash tabs which would make lives of both returning and new players much much easier. Charms topic bothering you? Move it into a proper charm slots or add a separate charm inventory. But I’d prefer a charm slot with multiple stats to match more or less the amount of bonuses you get today.

why not also put unicorn and teddy bears in. paragon. 4man party. reset skills when ever you want. gear raining from the sky.

3 Likes

I’m not really sure how you relate “I think these changes would have a positive impact on the use of cheats in the game” to “Blizzard doesn’t need to do anything” but all right then.

To your second point, all I can take from “bots and hacks that you don’t even know exist” is that you haven’t played D2 on Battle.net in public games probably ever. They’re hard to miss. If you’ve ever joined a “Baal Runz 110” or anything similar, I promise you that hammerdin that’s tele’ing to WSK3, dropping a TP in the bottom corner of the room then alternating teleport/hammer on top of mobs isn’t a human player.

Charms inventory is one of the topics I’m still pretty conflicted on, if I’m honest. I can see both sides on this, but I think that some sort of loot reserving would ease my concerns about NOT having one added.

Look! Another post offering nothing of value, just telling me to go play D3, just avoiding naming it.

i played from 1.00 to 1,14d. i played 2 seasons ago. :smiley:

The elephant in the room is that FFA makes MF meta very very small. You are basically saying, “I don’t want diversity, I don’t want to change anything from what I’m used to”. And how would you react if suddenly every group you joined had meta builds piloted by people of better clickety clucking skill than yours? If for several hours of runs you got skunked over and over again, because everyone around you had more optimized gear and tools to beat you 10/10? How long before you come to the forums asking for ploot? Or would you rather get no loot in public games but keep “having fun”.

All of these and similar statements are relative. It’s fun until YOU are the one getting shafted constantly over and over. Then it becomes not so fun anymore.

Telling you “go play D3” is no better than telling us “Change your game because we dont like it. So you can play OUR changed game”.

So please, Pot - Kettle. Don’t act like some white knight here. You are taking a stance and then telling others taking a stance they are wrong. Guess what? These features aren’t there at launch and the people you keep throwing shots at are going to remember and laugh about it while they exploit the fact that its not there. Welcome to Diablo 2.

so why can you only farm baal?

we can also just make a WHOLE new lore. np. what els you need?

You’re right. I don’t get to decide what you find fun. If the current state of D2 is fun for you, that’s great. But the numbers don’t lie, and the tiny number of players on D2 indicates that most people do NOT find it fun.

You are just so far off base that I don’t even know what to tell you anymore. You won’t read what I say any way. I’ve said MULTIPLE times that my original post was exactly that, pointing out how ridiculous the argument of “go play X” is. But keep going off about it, I’m done trying to discuss with someone who won’t listen.

Hello, yes, Uber Diablo and Pandemonium Event would like a word with you. So canonical, aren’t they?

why can you only farm baal? can u answer this?

You must not be an adult. Adversity isn’t your thing. You wont go even 2 games without grabbing loot.

Most of us true D2 players don’t even want a xrappy shako. I’m looking for a 2/20/30 circlet with 2 open sockets.

I already did. Currently Baal is the only FARMABLE mlvl 99 mob in the game. This is why it’s where you level, in Baal runs. Pandemonium Event key portals contain mlvl 99s as well, but they all require builds to farm those keys, and then the dungeons will be run through by a Smiteadin.

Know what else is available to download? The tools to make your own game mod :slight_smile: Just because you want to ruin the new release for everybody else doesn’t mean all of us with different expectations should have to suffer :slight_smile: You can always keep playing whatever garbage you think is great and you KNOW it :slight_smile:

but what can you get from baal, that you cant get som place els?

Experience. Basically every item in the game can be farmed somewhere more efficiently than from Baal. The loot from him is a by-product of leveling.

This is D2. I’ve played it on and off for 20 years. Any “until you…” statements you can think of are ones I’ve contended with and are the main reason why I love this game.

No one gets 10/10 on me consistently in public games and if they do then I’m in the wrong public games for my level/gear and change it up.

In times when I am not near the top of the food chain, I play solo and get myself there. I become Rocky in the gym, pounding on slabs of meat so when I get back in the ring… I am coming for your lunch.

You’re literally threatening me with precisely what I’m asking for lol.

I want D2 to be mostly void of players who always see themselves as victims or don’t have the will, knowledge or sometimes skill to do anything about it. These are the players I feel make the game more casual and ruin exactly what I think is fun. Those people are not a threat to me and that’s boring.

Maybe I’m not an adult but my kids are. :slight_smile:

As for circlets, how is that even relevant to what I said. It doesn’t matter what you are looking for, if you don’t get to pick it up - you are going to be mad, period

No I won’t its a game. Have fun. Part of a game is to challenge yourself.

I feel bad for your children sounds like they weren’t taught needed life lessons :frowning:

And you hit the magic button. This statement is two things:

•The reason the whining babies want private loot.
•The reason the whining babies don’t want private loot.

I would remind you that this kind of off-topic insult is a common tactic used by people who can’t formulate any sort of actual counterpoint, so they attempt to attack you personally.

Basically, you are saying, “I don’t care about the player base a single bit. As long as I can get myself to the top of the food chain, I’m happy and you are all losers”
Well, here’s the reality check. You can ONLY be at the top of the food chain when the MAJORITY is at its bottom. That means you are campaigning for exactly that. And the majority will be upset. Especially so, most new players. And if new players quit, you will be playing with botters and cheaters and complain about corrupt economy and another dead game.

But that’s fine, you have been playing it for 20 years this way, enjoy :slight_smile: