D:I Officially Delayed now in China

what?! China gets free stuff and i had to pay 99 cents for the firery weapon effect?!?! Thats not fair, this makes me want to move to china now.

Blizzard partnered with NetEase for years and NetEase stated in February 2019 on the financial call that the game was done on their end. Given its 2022, the game was not done back then and more changes happened that required development time.

Since NetEase is focused on the Chinese market, the fact that the gane runs suboptimally on phones prevalent in the Chinese market would be a majot indiictmentt on their competence.

Would one rather be labeled incompetent or running afoul of the law or both? None are ideal.

P.S. NetEase stock fell 6.7% today given their bad news.

https://realmoney.thestreet.com/investing/stocks/netease-plunge-as-activision-blizzard-partner-postpones-game-in-china-16031404

Didnā€™t know that China has control over the SEA region as well.

The news article shows that NetEase did not have its act together to meet their initial launch date in China.

Blizzard delayed the release in SEA to July 8. I guess both are not doing well meeting their originally published schedules.

It is like Syndromeā€™s quote in the Incredibles but in reverse:

ā€œIā€™ll sell my inventions so that everyone can be superheroes. Everyone can be super! And when everyoneā€™s superā€¦ [laughs maniacally] no one will beā€

If everyone lacks competence, is no one incompetent?

The blog outright tells people why they delayed the game though, but you are free to guess whatever is in your mind. Just hope that you wonā€™t get mad or salty if the things you wished didnā€™t go according to what you see. :sunglasses:

Even the FF14 Endwalker launch was delayed to 2 weeks later. The game getting delayed is a common thing in the gaming history but I guess if it is Blizzard, it must be incompetence then, right? :rofl:

1 Like

Any bad DI news is good news for me.

4 Likes

So according to Blizzard it is failure in meeting their initial deadlines since the game is suboptimal and the need more time to fix things. This strikes me as incompetence. It is good business practice to under promise, set reasonable deadlines, and over deliver.

It is incompetence to miss deadlines that you set yourself.

Besides what does that mean then, that they released in US and rest of world when they did? Hahaha, maybe that 0.2 is for more as just the p2w? Just kidding, but it seems the release was suboptimal if they need more time to work on game for SEA before can release it. That is of course if they did not piss off CCP too much for whatever reason and the press release is not PR speak to hide other concerns. Something we never would have thought 20 years ago and would have taken at face value, but somehow has become easier and easier when comes to Blizz unfortunately over the years.

If calling them incompetence will make you sleep better, please do. Game got delayed wasnā€™t something uncommon in the gaming history. :point_down:

Rockstar has said it delayed Red Dead Redemption 2 to ā€œdeliver the best experience possible for our fans.ā€ It really was to be expected. Mega-games like that seldom come out on time, and anyone who can figure out how to reliably release huge games without any delay probably ought to author a book of their own.

:yawning_face:

Missing deadliness that you set yourself is not a good look. When I give myself a deadline that others expect me to meet, I make sure that deadline is sufficiently generous to account for challenges that I might encounter.

Defending incompetence since other are incompetent is not how I behave.

I guess you just continue to ignore what I wrote many posts ago:

Delaying a game is very normal.
Delaying a game a few days before launch is not normal.
Delaying a game for just one region, that already has been released, is also not normal.

1 Like

(1) Last week, CN players mass-reported Diablo Immortal to the government for unfair gambling practices. This week, the 23rd June release date is cancelled. Suspected license revoked. : DiabloImmortal (reddit.com)

I think the license part is speculation and extreme. The fact that D:I has been reported for predatory gambling in China is fact.

In my mind, it would fitting if D:I in China followed the path of Tencentā€™s DnF Mobile in China.

Itā€™s actually not playable on my iPad. There are a lot of users like me who canā€™t get it running stably on iOS.

First, Blizzard themselves blocked the game in Russia and Belarussia, although games are out of politics, lol, no :rofl: :joy: :joy: And now China may block it itself. I think itā€™s karma. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Where is the source of ā€œmass reportingā€ in that thread? People there also asked for a source of that claim yet the person who said it was unable to back it up. The topic creator even takes advantage of spreading lies by posting Chinese images hoping that there are no Chinese readers in the sub to translate the image he posted.

That is your opinion and perception. People are not perfect. Missing deadlines is something very common in the gaming world or real life. Even my company and my clients are not immune to that.

As I said before, you feel to call them incompetence if that makes you sleep better.

You do not need Chinese readers to read the image on reddit. There is an app called Google translate (and many like it) that will translate images using your phoneā€™s camera. I did that so I did not have to rely on anyone elseā€™s translation.

For proof of the disdain for gambling in D:I in China, use google and search with čµŒåšęš—é»‘ē “坏ē„žäøęœ½. You will get hits from 163.com as well as other sources. Then you can use google translate to read these webpages.

I am imperfect; however, I have never missed deadlines that I set or committed to meet. If a deadline is not reasonable, I will say so. If I am ā€œforcedā€ to meet a deadline that is possible but not impossible, I meet it. I literally have worked 112 hours in a 120 hour stretch to get the job done.

Do you honestly believe a business account will be left unattended to the point of spewing political views? Companies run those kind of social media accounts at the control of many different people which they check whatā€™s posted regularly and they can not move without the concern of each other or higher ups.
Smells like faux and made up to cover something else. Weā€™ll know the real reason in a month or so.

This also kinda apply for your own sources, which you shown none other than a public forum board. It has no ties to Chinese media or links to the actual source; it could be a photoshopped image as well.
They have said itā€™s for performance issues and you claim a business account will be left unattended to the point of stirring political opinions. If this were to be the case weā€™d hear the impact of that days ago before even Blizzard said something. Do you really check your own sources before you post?

This smells like Tencentā€™s DnF mobile in China.

2 Likes

This is probably just a real life version of D:Is game design.
Blizzard need to buy some 5 star gems under the table, from the local regulatory bureaucrats, to win the game of approval.
Hopefully they told Blizzard, that they only managed to got a 2/5 star gem for their latest contribution and should try again.

It certainly happens.

Yes but are we talking about China here or not? Secondly, the impact of such news would cross borders really quick before Blizzard would even try to make a clarification about the state of the game. I mean, it would be big news that you can not avoid it, nor drag it under the rug. They had the courage to step forward to make an explanation and nobody (including some famous game journalists) had the galls to point this blunder that has ā€œactually happenedā€? I donā€™t know, but Iā€™m having a hard time buying it. Get it? Get i-- Ah nevermindā€¦