D:I Officially Delayed now in China

Pretty sure you can find people criticizing Xi and ‘the party’ on a daily basis. Likely not the same people twice in a row however, for uh, obvious reasons :smiley:

That said, even if it happened, I dont think it is the actual reason for delaying the game. At most it might be used an excuse for doing so, either by Blizzard or whatever agency has the power to remove a game approval in china.

As for dragging it under the rug, basically all sides of such an incident would want to hide it. So why would it become big news?

:100:
Exactly. At this sorta situation staff gets the short end of the stick, not the entire company.

I believe not even a single game journalist pointed this out as the true news. It doesn’t hurt the company at all, it actually helps it to cover its tracks. To add, people allegedly who saw that post over weibo said it was gone in 2 minutes. It’s plenty of time for someone to carry it to head lines of their game news outlets.
So why nobody said anything and how come Blizzard made a statement in a very short notice after their weibo ban was a thing? Usually if some drama appeared, they use their silent treatment rule to await crysis to cease down. Because that’s what any other company would do.

The funniest part about this is if you’re not of Chinese descent you literally can’t. They’re throwing foreigners out of the country and kidnapping Chinese people and bringing them back. Even ones who are citizens of other countries. They think they own everyone who is Chinese.

all ur race are belong to us!

China has a LOT right that the rest of the world has wrong. But also a lot wrong that the rest of the world has right. It’s kind of an odd balance at times.

1 Like

Holy crap, it’s even too P2W for China :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Reddit post alert said its postponed indefinitely.

Lost post. Don’t know if it due to p2w or because of RU-CN relationship (Blizzard did stop deployment to RU)

Look we need a good but honest understanderbaly profitable D4… no p2w shiz. No immersion breaking perculiar shiz. Keep it real yea?

This can be a legit concern. We’ll know in a month or so though, the news will keep flowing by that time.

Not really. They have a few exceptions from the rule, but generally they are all wrong.

No they really don’t. They are however very good at pulling the wool over people’s eyes.

O damn, so that’s why my fiancé’s Chinese friend said he is not sure how long he is going to be staying when he left for China a few months ago… Need to ask her to look for some cryptic calls for help in his messages.

You cannot be MORE wrong.

for official statements, they maybe be filter by lawyers & higher up to make sure how they want the message to be view/think & prevent legal claims etc.

But outside of these, the social media accounts are often allow to post freely with Trust that they will post responsiblely & in the interested of the corp (e.g not post their personal position not inline with the corp). You do not hire people & need to approve their every action, otherwise, why bother. Might as will do yourself.

The problem is, many of these employees cannot help themselves, & lack the discipline to withhold contraint in what they posted.

I don’t remember asking you about your life though. I have zero interest on how you live your life. I was simply saying the game got delayed is a common thing. Even the competent developers will delay the game if they feel the game can be tweak or polished further even if the product is ready to launch.

Which I failed to see the article mentioned about people mass reporting to the government that caused DI delayed.

All I can see was anti-P2W china users are expressing their dissatisfaction about DI monetization like westerners did.

I never said that. We do not know the precise reason that D:I was delayed in China. NetEase’s reason was that the game needed optimization.

Also, we know that the D:I Weibo account was suspended for insulting the leader of China and that there was mass reporting in China of D:I being predatory p2w.

I suspect only those “in the know” know the truth.

In terms of competence, video games do get delayed. However, NetEase and Blizzard have been working together for years on this. The release date in China and SEA was already offset relative to other places. The game in other locations where it is currently released for a couple of weeks has some bugs but is functional for most.

It is odd that the release date in China & EAS got within a week and all of a sudden it was announced a temporary delay in SEA and a delay of unknown duration in China. This is not normal. It displays incompetence or something is going on behind the scenes relation to D:I status in China.

I suspect if the game is “delayed” in China, Blizzard decided to delay EAS as well.

Are you aware of the story of Tencent’s DnF mobile in China? I think that may shed light on the current situation.

:point_down:

:point_up:

And the very Reddit link title you shared was “CN players mass reported DI to the government”.

and I haven’t seen the source of that claim, even in the Reddit link you shared. All you did was redirect me to the Chinese portal to let me know there were Anti-P2W crowd dislike DI monetization like westerners did.

Unless Netease is responsible for the entire SEA region (which is not), I would say you overthinking it as they have no reason to hold the SEA region back as we haven’t heard anything about SEA regions’ authority being against DI release in that region.

but knowing you at this point, anything that Blizzard does and say is poison to you. So it doesn’t matter what they do and said, you have already written it off as “negative”.

1 Like

Well, China is moving in the direction of war with Taiwan and whoever gets in the way soon.
So that may have something to do with it as well.

Apparently Diablo Immortal has been canceled in China…

Whether it’s just delayed to July or actually really canceled we’ll have to wait and see…

3 Likes

It’s not my interest that you’re not willing to see through. The other examples you saw on the social media blunders of companies had United States or Europe origins and are not tied to their across the ocean partner corporations. To add, politics are not as tight as in China.

That’s an official account with checkmark on Weibo, which is only available to Chinese citizens. It’s at the control of many different people, perhaps by the regulation of partner company employees besides Blizzard’s and they can not post without the permission of each other.
Do you really believe someone will risk themselves? I don’t buy it. You all just bent on making politicians look bad and paint Blizzard-NetEase as victims to save your agenda because Acti-Blizzard can not make bad decisions on your book.

Weibo banned the account due violation of related laws and regulations. It’s reasoned already and it actually attracts attention to the issue; if it was some drama like you thought there would be no explanations. Why would Chinese government attract attention to it by declaring the reason?
If it was truly about someone out of control spewing political opinions, it would be swept under the rug and they would talk to company directly to get people responsible fired. Some drama stirrers only covered the made up post, not the firing or inside news by showing Chinese media outlets as the source. If you have any source, bring it up.

That’s what you do as a company if you are approved by the media platform, which only available in China and have responsibilities to your partner company. If you have such responsibilities you do not let some faceless loose cannon take the wheel to drive it to the mud. This sort of social media aspects are coordinated by a group of people, not just one.

So at this one moment, one employee between many, just forgot that he’d risk everyone by doing it and it never made it to the worldwide headlines even once including China’s? Color me surprised. For me, it was made to cover up something else and someone likes reddit points so much, he went outta his way to troll the board. Nothing unusual. Besides that reddit post that picture can not be sourced at all and I know how social media things work enough in big companies to not buy it.

If such thing happens, by any chance, only the employees (yes, all of the social media team) themselves get to be held responsible for circumstances, not the whole company. This affects both NetEase and Blizzard if you’re not any aware. As we see it, their social media account got a ban and they apparently announced that they are delaying their product. What a coincidence.

Only because one person can not hold their mouth. Right? In case there’s such angry person who opposes the regime to the point of mocking it directly, why he awaited this long and never gave his true colors? If stakes were really that high, as company it’s your responsibility to make sure your employees are well disciplined at the start to ensure there are no new recruits in the group. There’s no way around it. You don’t trust one person to do all the chore then act surprised as they fail you when you have decades in the industry. That doesn’t go that way.

You’re making a job with China and you have Chinese partners; those employees in charge of social media are living in China and most likely have ties to the partner company as well. Do you want me to believe they made such a lousy job at hiring and controlling social media when they have ties to partner companies? You can not be more wrong.

As I said, don’t make any certain guesses to stir the waters until D:I releases in China. Don’t give credit to something doesn’t make any sense in working terms of corporations. As DogBone said, it could be about their stance on Russia so far. This sounds more logical than someone spewing political opinion to get entire company down under the consequences.

Nice clickbait title

2 Likes