DH Set Gears Of Dreadlands

Yeah im also on the dissapointed bandwagon here.

Was hoping for something abit more special than this.
However it does indeed seem VERY broken. Instead of being able to actually use strafe you are spending most of your time on casting primaries.

That is not in any way fun.

Possible fix:
As somebody mentioned earlier in this thread, make the stacks go up to 50 (or increase the duration)
Also have the primary fired by the set gain momentum stacks aswell.

This would however technically make it into a one button build (not counting defensives)

But yeah in its current form it will end up as a chestfiller.

6 Likes

100% not making into Any Kind of Meta . This new SET and new zDH Bow is 100% for PURE SOLO Play

1 Like

This new set is just broken. It looks like they don’t want to DH’s using Vault as an evading and moving skill anymore, but at the same time, those devs have no understanding about how Strafe works and expected to work.

I still need to do some test, but with current design, I’d better to keep using Unhallowed or Shadow instead of this weird set. Mighty disappointed.

8 Likes

The sad part is In order for Unhallowed’s 6 set to match GoD’s 6 set, you need a meagre 29 discipline, and as most UE setups can rock 85+, you can pump out 3x the damage per primary hit with a set that doesn’t explicitly cater to them.

3 Likes

DH wont make 4p meta push with this EVER. We don’t need another speed farm build. Feels very weak tbh but that is only my 2 cents.

Thats all it is another speed build. Fully Aug you could do 110 , not fast but doable . I mean the aim is 130 with 5K NS. Unless the momentum stacks is buff to 5 to 8 seconds then i dont see the set getting there. You need to be able to Maintain 10 stacks at all times + the Main Damage Multiplier being Increase. With 2 Seconds and being force to strafe that just isnt possible.

1 Like

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

Feels clunky to play, mechanics are kind of all over, doesn’t excel in any area better than any of the other sets. If they want this set to be viable, or even just fun, they will need to make the strafe-generator auto attacks trigger anything a regular generator would trigger. Stopping to fire feels bad. If their intention is for you to stop and fire, then they at least need to greatly increase the duration of momentum stacks. It will also need a damage boost to compete with UE for farming, which DH doesn’t really need.

I honestly just don’t really see the point of this set.

13 Likes

6 piece damage bonus is low. Need more. Also primary skills from strafe must refresh duration of momentum. 2 seconds momentum is a joke. You have to hit a monster to get stack… If they wont touch this set, it is already dead, not worth even try.

10 Likes

the set looks nice. i mean nat looks crappy. shadow looks nice. the other two aren’t bad. the mechanics are basically natalya except you have to stand still for as long as you strafe. ok they’re worse than natalya strafe build. i use the two strafe 1H for +200% to strafe then hunter’s wrath (?) the belt in the cube +200% to primary and +30% to attack speed and the pierce offhand in the cube. no idea if primary bonus affects strafing or if strafing bonus affects the primary skills used while strafing. damage needs a real boost even with the crimson set and F/R. dying a lot on T13

1 Like

I have been on the PTR for a while today and this is how I feel.

the new DH set will be viable at least… but its still kinda weak in my opinion… the one buff we need ten stacks of, falls off fast and if that isn’t at ten you have no damage… if its ten then the screen gets wiped… they need to make it like 5 stacks is max buff, not ten… and make the buff last longer… or get rid of that buff and make it part of the set… then srtafe can just shoot whatever primary you have equipped… the barb set already does this, whirl wind already casts rend, so why not just make strafe cast ‘‘primary’’ a little more damage buff would be nice too, it still feels a bit weak.

First U can use these easily. I build Squirt’s Necklace, Focus,Restraint There is no issue here to make it well viable u need Fortress Ballista and Wrap of Clarity.

Now the main issue with the build that make u die. The transition between 2set and 4sec doesnt work well. Because the idea of the build is to channel Strafe while casting Primary to get your Hatred back. The issue is While u get Momentum with your Primary the time u switch to Strafe u already lost these stack. Which cause Strafe to not Proc Primary ability. Which doesnt Proc Focus/restraint both effect and neither Wraps of Clarity Which both effect should be proc at all time if the transition would be working probably. It would fix the survavibility problem

Ya looks like they saved the least amount of resources to finish up the last 2 classes that needed the most amount of “upgrade” as far as new armor. It really looks like a copy/paste of Nat’s strafe build. Ok, they gave it a new armor name/set/look but it’s again a copy/paste almost.

1 Like

This build is not fun to play. The stacks drop off way too fast and the fact that the 4pc doesn’t at least refresh/maintain the momentum counter means I’m constantly just shooting primaries then strafing for 2 seconds, repeat.

Bad playability.

The idea of it is fun but they need to give it a big QOL overhaul. I’m cool if the 4pc doesn’t proc the 2pc, but at least let the 4pc maintain momentum. Isn’t that the very definition of momentum, that once you get going, you carry that power as long as you keep moving. That’s what momentum means…

5 Likes

Set needs to go back to the drawing board till s22, to much wrong or not fun to play with it.

Just buff impale to 200% and write off the s21 new DH set

2 Likes

You need wraps of clarity and elusive ring combined with the toughness from the 4-piece bonus to survive T16. Pre-fire a primary to proc wraps of clarity, vault/smoke-screen for elusive ring, and strafe to proc the 4pc all without needing to interact with enemies to gain toughness. I’m working on GR100 right now with that setup and the toughness isn’t too bad.

I have proposed solid solutions. Check it out. Let’s create a consensus and make them fix this set in a good way.

1 Like

I’m mostly confused how exactly they want this played.

Do they want us manually casting (like manual Rends for high end pushing on Whirl-Rend) to do damage? if so, why is that also being used for ramp up time?

Is Strafe supposed to be the primary damage phase? If so, why are we at maximum power for only 2 seconds?

I want to like the set, but it’s clunkier than Frenzy Barb is. The one saving grace being that Vengeance gives you protection from CC, something Frenzy is ruined by.

So far, how this iteration of dreadlands is working, our main damage phase is coming from spamming primaries. Strafe casted primaries don’t proc a lot of mechanics that they should. I’ve read people say they don’t proc area damage, don’t proc simplicity’s strength, and only generate resource on hit instead of on use.

1 Like

I liked the fact that Barb gear automatically applied rend while WW’ing. But here we are executing a couple of primary shots and then attacking while in strafe which momentum disappears pretty quickly, barely enough time to do much damage. Natalya never had issues of power boost from raining arrows for a fix period. How in the heck did we need to rely on stacking momentum for a very short time period as a good idea for working within packs and attacking close by elites? Just a good way to die quickly the higher GR you go. LOL

Combining both my replies on the new set:

2 Likes