Gears of Dreadlands Extensive Feedback

First of all, thank you for giving us new content periodically.

That is being said, I have tested DH set and here is my humble opinions.

I guess, according to Blizzard’s Intention:

• this set is focused around primary skills, and not strafe centered.

The problems are:

• We are losing momentum stacks so fast. Thus, can’t maintain momentum and 4 piece bonus becomes obsolete. (no speed, no damage reduction, no primary shoots)

• To gain a momentum, one should HIT any target. And if you fall behind in team play, bam you’re dead. (if someone clears ahead, you can’t find any target to hit, so no speed, no dmg reduction, no primary shoots. Because of this, this set is not eligible in groups).

• When you try to stop and gain 10 stack momentum by shooting in high grs, bam you’re dead. Everything, I say, EVERYTHING kills you one shot. There is zero defense / dmg reduction in any way.

My solutions ideas:

• momentum stacks last 10 seconds and each stack refresh the previous ones (like necro poison weapon or wizard meteors).

• you gain momentum stacks when you shoot, not when you hit.

• add “momentum stacks does not drop below 1 while you are strafing” to 6 piece bonus. (this will provide base damage, base dmg reduction and base movement speed bonus always, which is required. And if the player wants power, he should stop and cast primary skills. That way, set will be primary skills oriented.)

13 Likes

Agree with everything here. Basically the stacks need to stay active as long as the player is using strafe, and also on USE of the primary you should get a stack, not on HIT because even solo it’s easy to accidentally kill your own targets just with strafe alone which handicaps your own stack generation.

1 Like

You forgot the most important one: damage.
Right now set4 can not proc area damage. Even with your proposal been implemented the total set damage multiplier is only 400 (p2=2,p4=4x50%=2,p6=100). Without area damage it’s nothing but another fast run toy.

PS. P4=4(ticks per strafe) x 50% (damage per tick). Most people don’t know this.

This will just be another UE build with different numbers.