D4 Custom Controller for extra buttons

They should just give us free button mapping, on M’n’K and controller both.

Doesn’t matter what you think. That is the reason. Not your, been debunked since 2012, theory abkut dumbing down for consoles hur, dur, controlers BS.

Again, the premise isn’t about that, but the limitations of controllers.

Not according to Blizzard.

Source where Blizzard said 6 skills is due to controller limitations?

They said the exact opposite = according to Blizzard it isnt about limitation of controllers.
Instead they preferred 6 buttons, due to 1) it being limiting for players, and 2) still offering as many buttons as many people used in D2 (I dont recall them saying that, but I recall them saying the first part) => hence it being a bad reason, since those who only want to use 6 buttons wouldnt be affected by having 8 buttons they could choose to use.

Right. A design choice. My point since this silly argument came to be 10 years ago. The OP is ignorantly arguing it is a controller limitation or the devs think players are too dumb to use alt-commands.

There is an interview or a making of D3 video where Jay talks about it offering the same default number as D2 but now you can use skills instead of potions. It was linked a few times recently when D4 was announced and this was brought up again.

Diablo 3 launched with only 6 active skill slots. Same with Diablo 2.

And there was a tweet saying D4 micro transactions are going to be “built around” or “based around” cosmetics. You believe this?

I’m also saying I don’t believe this.

And POE and Lost Ark have 8. Only Diablo devs seem to think this is enough skills compared to their competition.

They chose to balance the game around 6 active skill slots. What more needs to be said here?

1 Like

Yes because the lead dev has continued to say they won’t sell power and Blizzard has gone out of their way to publicly differentiate PC and mobile audiences despite the chicken littles crying the sky is falling.

2 Likes

D2 is a terrible example. You just max out 1 or 2 skills and the rest of the buttons are potions.

And D3 was widely received as being too casual and easy to play.

If D4 wants to fit the aesthetic design and philosophy of making a harder game they should experiment with more skills in THIS Diablo, not the next one. It’s too important to mess D4 up. No one who wants to play with 6 skills would complain, because they can. There is however overwhelming evidence from the player base and POE and Lost Ark development that 8 skills is what’s needed to keep higher skill player base happy. Many people have asked for it on the forums and basically every big Diablo influencer has also said they want more skills.

Nothing. Some people are oblivious to the fact they may not be the target audience for Diablo.

Some people are oblivious to the fact the only reason they hate higher number of skills is because they can’t use them. Many other people can and do in POE and Lost Ark. This is precisely the audience Blizz are trying to target not the D3 playerbase.

It’s underlining that this is a deeply rooted design choice for the Diablo franchise. They are damned if they do and damned if they don’t at this point. You’ll have people who want things play like the original and some who just want to follow the flavor of the month new IPs.

How many active skills you have to use doesn’t mean sh!t as long as the game is still enjoyable. Otherwise, I could just sit here and say that ARPGs and for low brain cell players when MMOs let you have 20+ active skills.

Great. So use 6 skills if that’s enjoyable to you. It still means 8 skills can be in the game with no affect to your preference.

Are you purposely trying to be this obtuse?

Where have I said I hated PvP? I don’t think it has much if a ace in ARPGs. I’ve used over 40 abilities on my holy Paladin in Vanilla. Tanked mythic raids for many years with dozens of abilities. But it’s cute you think you know me.

No I’m saying 8 skill bar in the game won’t stop you from using 6 skills. So why do you have a problem with it?

Yes he is. It’s pretty obvious.