[D4] Bounties are coming back in Diablo 4 🤩

This is from a French interview - here is the translation.

Devs are working on a way to add bounties in Diablo IV.

1. Are you hyped about this?
  2. What bounties you want to see again?
  3. Do you want bounties to give us mythic gear?

Discuss!

1 Like

I’d rather gouge my own eyes out with a rusty tuning fork than have to deal with D3-style bounties again.

Uh, not to be dramatic or anything :sweat_smile:

47 Likes

Bounties are globally hated by the player base and seem as a chore.
Am i missing something with the dramatic hype over this, OP?

23 Likes

ROFL. We’ll keep it civil, yes.

Sarcasm?

3 Likes

This time - non of it. Bounties in D3 suck.

11 Likes

I dont mind having to find materials to craft, but these materials should come from the open world or dungeons and not a separate location where I must focus on farming bounties.

4 Likes

I am full of it. :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck:

We’re good at civility here in the D3 forums :wink:

Back to bounties, I think I’ve mentioned this elsewhere, but I wouldn’t have as much of an issue with them if they weren’t so punishing for solo players, or groups smaller than the max party size. If D4 does something to address that deficit, I’d be… well, not happy, but less antagonistic towards bounties.

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t like them either but that’s probably because I play 99% solo and it takes an hour for me to get all of them done(lots of procrastinating). Thankfully they at least got rid of the bonus cache so I can do an act then log off and come back later and not miss anything.

2 Likes

if they really have 100s of dungeons bounties should simply drop from bosses

3 Likes

If they think they have to add them :face_vomiting: then totally re-invent them.
Redundancy is not our friend!

3 Likes

I’d pass on bounties . Bounties were more of chore than anything, IMO. It wasn’t something I WANTED to do, we were basically forced to do them. Bit of an annoyance.

10 Likes

You can’t re-invent missions with objectives aka bounties. These will always be missions with objectives.

Yes, you can make these more friendlier, but why should the game tell me where to go and what to do WHEN we’ll have a huge open world with THOUSANDS of dungeons?

Let us explore this world and get the materials from interacting with it, not doing MISSIONS.

4 Likes

This is an excellent point. Personally, I don’t want to be railroaded into doing a certain type of content simply because it’s the ONLY way to obtain certain materials. If there’s only one way to obtain a fabulous, end-game worthy item, sure, I can live with that - but not with materials that we all require. It turns what should be fun into a chore, and if I wanted to do chores I’d clean my damn house :joy:

2 Likes

I would like to see Daily or Weekly Bounties like AC Odussey. New optional content, small or larger missions with small or larger reward.

Not mandatory materials for end game gear running endlessly, like now.

3 Likes

Trust me Skelos they can be reinvented. They can generate bounties based off of in-game events that happen to our characters and make them seem personal to us. Not generic to the whole community bounties.

Yes, very true. If they force us into bounties I am done after the campaign.

Yes, they could use AI to make bounties more friendlier, but what if I want to do only dungeons?

They would force me to do bounties if I need materials from these for crafting.

1 Like

I’m fine with bounties, but not like in D3.
A good way to do it would be something like this :

• Kill [X] monster to get [X] Crafting material or [X] item

The wrong way to do it is :

• Do 5 bounties and get the same boring reward every time
1 Like

Gradually they will be able to ruin Diablo 4.
They will deliver an expansion of Diablo 3 and will fail again.

You might want to sell Diablo to another company.

4 Likes

They spokte in anouncment, that the shared world will have story quest and daily quest. Bounties are a form of daily quest. so no hype for me.

1 Like