[D4] Bounties are coming back in Diablo 4 đŸ€©

Lol yeah because everybody loves doing bounties
hmm wait I actually don’t know anyone who likes doing those.

1 Like

D4 can adopt the current China server D3 system, in game activities earns you platinum currency that allows you purchase it from online shops.

True platinum currency can be purchased from real $$$ in China, but majority of players over there that uses it mainly farm from in game activities. In D4, as long as real $$$ is limited/not promoted or prohibited even, i dont see why in game activities cant earn you currency that lets you “purchase” stuff from online shops. After all, its still time sink system. Not $$$ p2w shortcuts.

EDIT: this should be on live D3. Imagine farm 10 GR earns you 1 set of bounty worth of platinum coins
etc etc. Just disable $$$ purchasing platinums.

They’ll probably follow the PoE model, which is quite bad.

Oh boy, I hate 2 things in D3 most, namely paragon and bounties, and they are adding one and thinking about adding the other. Why?

1 Like

The goals of bounties might be materials but I hope not, certainly could be a multitude of things. The Cube stuff may not find it’s way into this game. Crafting will be of lesser importance, I think I remember a developer state that - they want you killing monsters not crafting items.

Certainly that monsters they tell me through bounties.

Because Diablo 4 goes Asia grinding mmo game design.

The rest is, Diablo 3, remove the PS3/xbox 360 restriction on graphics (comic shader to filter the bad PS3 texture, better particel effekts),scale graphics to ps4/xbox one level, change passive skill tree from diablo 3 to passive skill tree with points to spent.

and you have Diablo 4.

They are so uncreative.

I like Diablo 4, it has exceptional engine, but not bounties please, don’t do it to us.

1 Like

My biggest concern about the whole game is that the people at blizzard are looking at the raw sales of diablo 3 and taking the “if it broken” approach and a essentially creating the same game with a few tweaks. There are more than a few signs so far pointing to this being a real possibility, which would be shame.

1 Like

Personally I was never a huge fan of bounties. Everyone that does bounties do them only because they have to, not because they want to. I don’t mind the presence of bounties but I think the best thing to do would be to add other options that have near equivalent rewards as bounties. The worst thing they can do with bounties it make reward amount so high that it seems to be the only option to farm crafting mats.

1 Like

Currently, certain cube recipes require mats only attainable through bounties. The most efficient way to get them is to join a group. But the player base is split between all those different game modes and for me, I play mostly non-season, and there’s never anyone running bounties.

Please don’t make them require a group to complete. They should drop naturally from elite packs and bosses, like deaths breath does.

What bounties should do instead, should they come back in D4, is provide huge xp bonus on completion, so as to make rat run type builds obsolete, and make bounties the best way to grind xp, since they also said paragons are coming back. You’d still get crafting mats this way if they dropped naturally from elite packs and bosses, but you wouldn’t be required to do bounties to get them either.

1 Like

Check youtube video from 2011, were blizzard didn’t kill engine modding in diablo 3, were fans removed the comic shader for dark look, diablo 3 looks than excatly like diablo 4 in design, only in PS3 texture quality, and not in PS4 quality like demo shown on blizzcon.

Diablo 4 engine is not special.

It is. The engine doesn’t mean the graphics only.

In Diablo 4 you can make tons of things with your hero (physics related) that you can’t in D3 - attacking while moving or jumping from the horse for example.

IDC about bountys they are a mindless eye gouging bore you to death part of the game at this point but so are GR’s. You just do them and be done with it.

Now what really really worries me is this statement here : "Blizzard is very (VERY, emphasis by the game director) excited about crossplay (between pc, playstation and xbox), but can’t confirm anything for now. "

With how info is stored for the console versions and how easily it is hacked I see a major sh.t storm brewing .

1 Like

Yes, they are.

They can’t really allow cheaters to invade their game since they plan to hit hard the MTX market and cheaters would spoil this.

1 Like

If they do a cross platform then they are just opening the door for hacks . The console versions are just one big hack fest at this point. With PC data stored server side and console data stored console side there is now way to stop console hacks .They will never ever keep console data server side. So any attempt at cross platform play is doomed from the get go.

1 Like

Why? Can you go more into details here? I am not familiar with consoles much.

That’s the great thing about trade. Trade means you can design aspects of the game that not everyone wants to do but some people do. The people can always do that single thing and nothing else and trade for things he needs while selling things he gets from the thing few ppl want to self farm.

Until they allow the non-tradeable legendaries/mythics with higher drop chance from bounties.

Which is why we need to be more vocal about not wanting restricted trade. It’s detrimental for an arpg. Without trade you are forcing everyone to play every aspect of your game. No one likes doing everything. The bigger the game the worse this is.

Most of the stuff you write about diablo 4 engine, was shown in the PC only Diablo 3 videos from 2008-2010 gameplay trailer.

They cutted this out of diablo 3 in 2011 for the console release PS3/xbox 360. If your console cannot handle it, your PC version will not get it.

Diablo 4 lightning for example, not even a announcement from raytracing support, for a game released 2021+.

From 2020 and PS5 release, raytracing becomes standart in industrie, simply by the WoW effects, it creates in lightning.

1 Like