[D3] TurboHUD Overlay Explained. Is it cheating?

They banned in D2 for it, they should ban in D3 for it.
Maphack is cheating, facts.

2 Likes

They did reply, just not in THIS thread. You can read about it using the Blue Tracker or these links.

big joke 3th party scipts . bots . map hacks check poe streamers :smiley: pls one use hacks gg…

A F K diablo commintys :slight_smile: admins . scripters GG

Lols! You know nothing.
do you even imagine how TurboHud is it this days? There aren’t any limits now.
Bot is 5$, New TurboHud is 10$ ~16$ to use. If bot is 5$ and Turbo is 16$, imagine what players can do now!

1 Like

On season start i always open twitch to see how the other parts of the world rock their season start…

One streamer called xxxxRUS, dont know the exact name, had something that makes a voice for pylons, that haven’t even been seen on the map yet.
Like an electronic female voice calling the pylon names, conduit was easy to hear out.

After our launch in europe, i checked some rankings and saw that name in the conquest leaderboards aswell.

Its disgusting

8 Likes

check all leaderboards all use turbohud and bot check paragons. demonhunter game time or other idk this time is normal ? many streamers use bounty :smiley: for boot SLEEEP DIABLO 3

2 Likes

This is not the case, however I do not blame people for thinking this way.
There are a very select few players that are legit and on the front page of the leaderboards.

2 Likes

You can’t determine just by looking at the leaderboards whether one is using TurboHUD or not.

You can however make an educated guess whether soneone is botting or account sharing by checking seasonal playtime (not character playtime!!!) and comparing it to how long the season has lasted. If one averages 20+h/day, that’s a major red flag.

Unfortunately detecting TurboHUD usage is far more difficult.

u r in leaderboard? :slight_smile: i think u r say not all in leaderboards trust me u r using too…
time attack or 150 145 solo runs alls turbohud inc.

Very few I might add

I used to use it, I’m only a casual kind of player, never botted or considered botting but nonetheless you could certainly say I cheated.
Yeah it was an advantage for sure. For me.
Yet a few days ago I jumped on without it and did a 130 giving me rank 15.
There are many many many people reading this that won’t own up to using it but have, at least I’m prepared to be honest, but I don’t feel guilty about it because I wasn’t using it as a competitive advantage.
Wrong, totally, 100% no arguments there.
As far as an advantage goes, in GR game-play which is ultimately end game, it’s negligible at best.

When I had an issue about 12 months ago with my game crashing and I had no idea why, I submitted a ticket for assistance, they asked me to perform a few actions and send them the results.
Their response, if you still have it, delete Turbohud as that could be the issue, and you shouldn’t use it as it could be considered a breach of user agreements etc.

Either way it’s gone now. Botters however, remain!

2 Likes

How about Blizzard just incorporate some of the basic elements of TH into the game? That would likely significantly reduce the use of / reliance on TH. For example, people have been asking for the ability to see CoE cycles for ages. That should be simple enough to incorporate. From what I understand, other benefits are in-game visibility. I am old and my eyesight is getting progressively worse over time. I am often told that I am missing progression globes with all the visual effects going on in the game, and I sometimes have a hard time locating the elites in large piles. Highlights to these and other things (e.g., actual timers on spells) would be appreciated. By providing some of the basic elements of TH without incorporating some of the other game-breaking ones (full map reveal) might be the solution. If less people have a reason to use it, then the value of providing updates decreases and it might not be worth the effort (I have heard that they have to come up with updates every so often as Blizz issues new patches).

Because it affects game balance overall. The HUD itself is a huge boon to GR pushing, so by design it’s a huge advantage the rest of us don’t have. Personally, I could care less about the advantage since I don’t compete on the leader board and just play for my own relaxation.

Ditto. But then again life isn’t fair. My eyesight is ok: probably better than yours and worse than younger players. I too sometimes miss elite packs (specifically champions that are not blue enough), but that’s part of the game.

If missing these things are a huge problem for you in D3, then why not just accept it? You either stop playing D3, keep playing it and live with that mild disability, or you use the HUD to cheat and accept the risk of repercussions. For the latter, if you don’t want to take that risk, then that means your D3 account still has value to you and you enjoy it just the way it is any ways.

Ultimately, asking or expecting Blizzard to adopt portions of the HUD because of this reason is a slippery slope.

1 Like

“Ultimately, asking or expecting Blizzard to adopt portions of the HUD because of this reason is a slippery slope.” Wait, are you really saying that obscuring integral parts of the game (progression orbs, elites, etc.) is intended by Blizzard? Asking for more visibility of game features “affects the balance of the game”? I am only asking for basic visibility features that are comparable to ones already in the game, such as an enlarged mouse pointer. How can you possibly argue against that?

the thread that refuses to die…

1 Like

You’re asking for added functionality, which is much different than bigger cursors. You complained about missing elite packs, and that’s the slippery slope part. How about we just skip to the end of this and ask to line them up in a nice row, along a map that’s just one big line for you?

Also, please learn to use the quote button. :slightly_smiling_face:

so, Blizzard did nothing, lol. That about explains the state of this game, doesn’t it…

We had blatant cheaters in s22 on PS4 - those that were using modded gear in seasons. It was obvious they were cheaters, since weapons don’t come with 3 sockets…or rings with 3 sockets…they were reported to Blizzard, and hey, guess what - Blizzard did nothing.

Blatant cheaters in s23 using save wizard to have all primal gear less than 2 weeks after seasons start…nothing done. I did some maths and you’d have to be completing a GR100 every 45 seconds, non stop, for the 2 weeks to get enough FS to account for the reforges required to get these primals. And that’s just the base 1/450 chance of dropping, it didn’t include the odds of getting 13 primals for your build out of the 200 odd legendary items that can drop for each class…so that 45 second GR100 time is probably done to 1 or 2 seconds per run lol…obvious cheat. The odds of someone getting “lucky” and getting all 13 slots primal are probably a trillion to 1. Yeah, nah, not gonna happen. Sorry, obvious cheaters and Blizzard just doesn’t care. I have said it before and I will continue to say it, Blizzard are inept and incompetent.

1 Like

The game is a loot driven, monster killing, exploration RNG. Part of the exploration process is not knowing what’s coming your way - mobs, goblins, pylons, chests etc. To ask for this information makes the game semi-meaningless.

You have basic visibility features already in the game - you can see a certain radius around you. And, that’s how it should be - if you want more, then you want to cheat. And cheating is unacceptable.

3 Likes

Forums are so much more effective at communication than dialogue. The ability to read what you want to see, infer what was never inferred, etc. Fun fun. I have no interest whatsoever in going back and forth with you all, but I will clarify again for those who refuse to actually read what I wrote. And granted there will be those who are so blinded by the issue that they refuse to see anything other than how they want to see it, in black and white.

I stated better visibility for elites in mob packs (i.e., already within your close proximity). I stated I did not support map reveals. I stated I would like better visibility of globes, which means you already saw the elite and killed it. Wow, how game breaking. And so similar to lining them all up in a row so you can just mow them all down. How exactly did we get from point A to point B? Oh yeah - see my first paragraph.

It’s OK. I am not trying to convince you guys but Blizzard who will hopefully see this. Arguing that the game designers intended for all of the visual effects to mask the basic elements of the game (kill elites in GRs to spawn globes to aid in progression) is absurd. If this request wasn’t in the context of TH, would you have argued so strongly against it?

I wish we had more legit players on the boards but they unfortunately taken over by botters for the majority of the season.

Yes, our team takes this game very seriously and pride ourselves in not cheating to achieve hi level positions on the leaderboards, why don’t you check :wink: instead of accusing.

Only because the issue is still happening. The ultimate goal would be to have a clean game and we wouldn’t need topics like these.