D2R: Personal/Instanced Loot is a MUST for this game!

This is not how timed loot works. Google search path of exile and timed loot.

Iā€™m not saying that having Diablo 3 version of personal loot equals to having the same high drop rate that Diablo 3 had. What I am saying though, is that having Diablo 3 version of personal loot equals to having more loot dropping in general in comparison to shared loot.

1 Like

Youā€™re the expert why donā€™t you explain it to me?

Did you play the early days of Diablo 3 when the auction house existed? The drop rates were extremely low.

Also, the loot system (personal or FFA) is not the same concept as the loot drop rate.

I did and they werenā€™t as low as Diablo 2. I ended up selling a lot of good stuff on the RMAH in the short time that it was up. :wink:

Iā€™ve played Diablo 3 since the game launched, so yes, I did play during the auction house. However Iā€™m not comparing Diablo 2 Resurrected droprate to early Diablo 3. Iā€™m comparing the number of items dropped in a Diablo 2 Resurrected game with personal loot enabled to a game with shared loot instead. Again, if weā€™re talking about Diablo 3 personal loot, then a party game with personal loot will yield more items than shared loot, unless there are adjustments made.

1 Like

As explained repeatedly, personal loot advocates are requesting the same number of total drops irrespective of the game being personal or FFA loot.

It is not 8X more in a personal loot game in comparison to a similar 8 player FFA game.

Which is a point in my argument, not yours, since D2ā€™s loot system would be far better than D3ā€™s if all you did is flip the ā€œPersonal Lootā€ switch.

And as I already explained, Iā€™m speaking strictly about Diablo 2 Resurrected having Diablo 3 version of personal loot (where everyone gets their own loot). Iā€™m not talking about whatever loot system youā€™re referring to.

All it requires is for D2R players to understand that loot of a certain color text is temporarily reserved for a few seconds. It does not require any new loot notification system whatsoever.

Surely D2 players can quickly come to understand that, in about the same amount of time the loot would be reserved for too - mere seconds.

Well, I donā€™t want D3ā€™s loot system then. If thatā€™s what you want.

I want a proper personal loot system in D2R.

Tell the developers who would have to totally redesign the loot system in the core game, that all they have to do is ā€œthrow a switchā€, so that a tiny portion of forum people who will probably rage quit the first time they get PKā€™d can be happy. :upside_down_face:

If anything Iā€™d prefer Diablo 2 R to take as little influence from Diablo 3 as possible (save for some QoL functions).

1 Like

So you are stating that you are"not tlking about whatever loot system youā€™re referring to" but you continue to say the system that I am not talking about is bad. Why do you keep referring in your replies to me to a system that I am not talking about? Why do I care if a system that I am not talking about is bad in your mind?

Actually, Blizzard has already specifically and explicitly asked its players whether it is interested in personal loot to be in D2R at launch. The developers must know something about whether this can be implemented or not and the timeframe.

A -freaking- men dood! :slightly_smiling_face:

Using personal loot in D2, the personal loot that virtually everyone who has been advocating personal loot for, has nothing whatsoever to do with D3ā€™s loot system.

Can you specifically point to that? Iā€™ve seen all of the QA stuff and I very specifically do not remember them considering a personal loot option. Maybe Iā€™m wrong? Show me. Is it on the Forums that I canā€™t post in? Because I havenā€™t visited it for obvious reasons.

Search ā€œBlizzard screenshot surveyā€ on the forum. Then check the 6th image in the link.

Do I get a decoder ring with that? :rofl:

Youā€™re the one who first responded to my post when I was talking about a Diablo 3 version of personal loot. As I said before, when I talk about personal loot, Iā€™m literally talking about something similar to Diablo 3. Since youā€™re not, I honestly donā€™t know why you keep responding to me then: because as I said much earlier:

In case, explanations is in order. Iā€™m neither for nor against your idea of personal loot. My opposition of personal loot is if the personal loot is akin to Diablo 3ā€™s personal loot, whereas everyone gets their own loot, unless once again the drops are altered a bit to prevent personal loot based games from becoming more rewarding than shared loot based games.

1 Like