D2R: Personal/Instanced Loot is a MUST for this game!

you dont know what others want, personaly i think open loot is more lazy. you can just follow and get 100% of the goodies.

in the end of the day, we have played enough over 20 years of how base d2 is now, and some great changes would be wery welcome. thats why so many mods are popular even by big guy diablo 2 streamers. more QoL = another 20 years.

leeched/tolen* fixed it for you.

it does make every bit of sense, i would say there is wery little sense to keep shared loot other then it has sadly been in the game for 20 years.

you can trade just as much with personal loot, locked items is a D3 design…D2 personal loot would have open trade.

the economy would stay the same, nothing changes here since there wont drop more or less items.

" people like …" is a dumb reason. you dont know anything beside for what you want and feel about stuff, i have put countless hours into grinding for loot and i will have a even bigger reason to do so with personal loot, even if i get less items.

there is always going to be arguments, and i can tell you there is a huuuge amount of player who dont have friends to play with and have to play with random, sometimes toxic people.

this have nothing to do with diablo 3.

have you even played diablo 3? the towns are littered with items all around from people throwing them for others. stop asuming everyone is as selfish as maybe you are?

there should be no talk to begin with, you should not have your once in a decade item get stolen from you because someone want it for trade.

the drop rates and area farming is nowhere to be close to perfectly balanced tbh, item rolls is awesome but the “end game” is really lacking by todays standard.

D2 is there so let D2R be what we long time players have always wanted. (and new ones, its for everybody not just some few who wants zero changes)

Personal loot must be in the game. Those who don’t want it are botters and RMTraders.

1 Like
2 Likes

Yeah, I want a really faithful D2 Remaster, but personal loot is just one of those things that should be an optional setting when creating a multiplayer game.

1 Like

Why, why, why, why?!?!?! do people keep conflating personal loot with souldbound loot??? One has absolutely nothing to do with the other.

Soulbound, or un-tradable loot, would be completely antithetical to D2. Personal loot however would correct a huge flaw in D2.

Mob dies - all loot drops to ground, each piece reserved for the player who won the hidden dice rolls for it for about 5 seconds, before it reverts to free for all loot, said system working only in games where the creator of the game selected personal rather than shared loot.

It’s very easy.

1 Like

Where are your facts that back up this assumption?

Why do D3 players pretend to tell D2 players how a D2 remaster should be?

3 Likes

Why do you pretend to assume people here are necessarily D3 players first and foremost, and not merely D2 players who haven’t yet purchased D2R and therefore cannot post in the D2R forums?

3 Likes

Considering the same types of conversations are going on in the D2R forum, I would say D2 fans who pre-purchased D2R have divergent opinions.

Agreed, and entirely expected.

This is why, as much as I advocate for personal loot, I accept it has to be optional personal loot. The playerbase needs the choice, when creating a game, to decide which they prefer and for the option chosen to be easily seen by other players before they join the game.

That entirely changes the game to the point that you can’t have public games with the option. It would be a constant PITA to have to find games with or without it turned on. And again the biggest argument against it, besides having to completely rework the entire loot system, is that it entirely changes the game.

In D3, we can select bounty games, regular rifts, greater rifts, and key wardens at the game screen. I think Blizzard can put a filter for game type. In terms of entirely changing the game, everything is the same except how loot is distributed when dropped. It does not change skills, any monster, the maps, etc…

Just have a filter search for it.

Not significantly. The same thing can already be done by playing with people that trust each other and work together. Or well, play solo.
It should of course be designed so you do not get more loot on average with this setting on, than with shared loot.

Games in Diablo II are displayed by game name. We create the game with it’s name and people sift through the games till they find one to click on. It’s very different then filtering and adding new modes and such. You’re asking for a hell of a lot of work simply because people are afraid of competition.

In D3, the game creator when opening the game to others clicks game type. Blizzard does the rest.

The same can be true for D2. The game creator sets the type and then gives the game a name. Easy for Blizzard to filter.

Why does personal loot mean the item is locked? They could do personal loot and keep them totally unbound even if equiped at some point.

1 Like

That sounds right to me.

How? It doesn’t change the game one insignificant tiny little bit. I hear this a lot from those trying to force shared loot on everyone, whether they want it or not, but none of you ever say how it changes it in anything other than some emotive “it’s not kinda D2 vibey” way.

Force? Shared loot IS THE GAME AS IT STANDS. The only ones trying to force anything is people trying to change the game to personal loot because the idea of competitive loot is too scary or something.

How does it change? Well, people who want shared loot, the way the game is, won’t be able to share whatever greedy crap the person who won’t share got. So the game could not have both types of players in the same game. Then they need to work out another separation mode, and completely retool the loot systems from the ground up to facilitate this change.

1 Like

Of course they need to be separate. The person creating the game session decides the loot rules.
Hardly a problem. Having a hidden roll on each item is not a difficult thing in principle. And seems worth the effort here.