D2R GPU Temps are up there!

Same here on an rtx 3090 asus strix. 70-74c in character screen/lobby.

the graphics isn’t that good :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got 100fps during gameplay in town then after a bit of playing all of sudden I get like 20fps in town and then I blue screen. 4k with Nvdia RTX 3080ti. Bluescreen view says “ntoskrnl.exe+3f71d0”. Wonder if we need nvidia drivers to support the beta?

specs:

mobo: Gigabyte x570 aorus elite
CPU: 5600x
RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200mhz trident z rgb
GPU: EVGA FTW 3080 Ti
PSU: corsair platinum 1000w
SSD: m.2 samsung 970 evo 1tb

1 Like

Same issue with RTX 3090.
100% usage of GPU lobby and in game, with temp at 75

Feeling worried that New World kind of issue appear and burn the card :frowning:

3 Likes

That’s interesting. I have the Ryzen 2700 and RTX 2070 and had no issues. I did not check the gpu usage under load however. I will do that now.

I stay 0-3% GPU load during fights and majority of the time one, temps around 50-54, CPU around 15% with CPU temp around 49 average.

1 Like

D2R is pulling 400W on my 3080, which is liquid cooled. My Liquid Cooled 3080 is hitting 72 degrees and VRAM getting up to 96. Pretty wild stuff!

1 Like

Howdy!

The game will try to run with the highest performance it can based off system power settings and game settings. I do recommend enabling Vsync under Graphic Options as a first step to limit FPS which will limit the workload. Double check Graphic Settings are lowered and resolution Scale is not set beyond 100. You may also try switching to Windowed mode and playing in a lower resolution. We provide more steps to help avoid overheating Here.

If you notice any odd behavior while at the Menu/Lobby make sure to Bug Report this to our QA and Developers. If you would like to see features added to the game’s settings you can provide this feedback in the survey and on our General forums.

1 Like

Same for me, with a very very variable bitrate.
It goes from as low as 12fps to 60fps without visible (obvious) reason.
In town with inventory and chest open, act 1, 13fps a few minutes ago. Just before, in combat with mutliple mobs and magic effects : 60fps.

Gear: AMD Ryzen 3600XT + 3060Ti : 3440x1440

1 Like

Please add the ability to set an fps cap in game, thanks. WoW lets you do this, you have the technology.

1 Like

Thanks Zuvykree

I put my 240hz monitor to 60hz and in windows displaysettings to 60hz.
with Vsync on. @2560x1440 with very high preset.
I went from 79c to 45c on my asus rtx 3090 strix oc.

Not well spended money though, oh well :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nothing helps. Limit fps and low graphics and still i have high temperatures. I can play in Cyberpunk 2077 and i have much better temperatures… Only Resolution Scale set to 50 helps but it is not good solution:/

2 Likes

My MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio is at 99% constant load both in menu and playing. FPS around 120. GPU Temp around 80C. I tried turning on and off v-sync, lowered textures settings and nothing helped. Please fix this, as I don’t want to lower my graphics settings on my high end PC to prevent my GPU from burning, because the game is not optimized!

4 Likes

While on main menu, GPU usage between %95-98. RTX 2080S. Vsync-on, res. scale-100.

Important Edit: My Windows main resolution was 2560x1440p (because I have 2k monitor), I changed it to 1080p. Now my GPU usage max %10. This is definitely a bug, GPU struggles above 1080p.

3 Likes

the game do an insane GPU usage no matter what graphic settings i put, very very bad optimized, gpu always at 100% and melting like lava

7 Likes

They really should have let us choose 1080p, 1440p, or 4k. I really hope final product has these or it runs too hot. 2080 Super Here.

3 Likes

RTX 3060 TI and my GPU TEMP = 82 C , they work with NVIDIA or ?

In Nvidia panel, i have put 60 IPS MAX on D2 config + Sync ON

And i push at 85 resolution scale in game.

And now my GPU TEMPS = 55 C.

3 Likes

Aside from lowering settings, (shouldn’t have to), is there any resolution or action being taken to further investigate this? I was having issues of FPS drops to 20 when I had a menu open, such as my bags, or a vendor. My computer also got extremely hot. I run d3 at max, and ran New World at max.
Rtx3080 FTW3
I9-9900k

2 Likes

same problem here, I’m getting 60+ fps on very high but temps go up like crazy even in the main menu, my case fans start to spin like a jet engine, it reminds me playing GOW 4 on my first gen PS4.

CPU: i5-11400F
GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

2 Likes

Only thing that seems to help is lowering the resoluting scaling so far…definately some kind of bug.

3 Likes

Maximum use of the graphics card, 100%. I can’t see my graphics card settings, energy limit etc. The only game I have it in. Yours sincerely

m1. AMD Ryzen 9 3900 XT processor
2. MSI Radeon RX5700 XT GAMING X 8G
3. MSI X570-A Pro motherboard
4. ATX Thermaltake 1000W Modular power supply
5. Kingston HyperX DDR4 2x16
6. Cooler Master 240

edit:
Only Resolution Scale set to 50 helps but it is not good solution :frowning:

2 Likes

… same here!

I find it hilarious! : D

D2r - The only game I have any performance issues - and it’s remaster of the old classic.

///
I think I have truly valuable feedback for Your D2r team:

I am not sure if it is perfectly clear to You, but one of the reasons that people from Poland [ = my country ] ‘stayed’ with D2 for so long is because it always was a ‘no-problem game and pleasure’. You could just ran it anywhere, on any pc, without any tech-philosophy or complications behind it and instantly have fun, while other games required You to patch, download, read, change settings in-game or in-os - and make You tired with them before even seeing the menu.

That reliable simplicity was always a factor in loving Your old games, I say it on the example of myself as well as few other people who played Diablo 2 regularly up to now.

… and with the D2r that advantage is completely out of the window - Death Stranding, Nier Automata, Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice, Doom 2016 - worked flawlessly on my pc while D2r is not, despite looking way simpler.

I am not angry, I am just thanking God that WoW exist - You know - Your flagship game that run perfectly on 400 usd 5 years old laptop : D
I beg You on my knees - do not ever do ‘overhaul’ of WoW, I need it, I want my WoW, let it be graphically as it is, do not ever improve the engine !! : ]]

I love Your games and wish You the best, that is why I friendly inform You of the possibility of another storm of complaints after countless people find the D2r literally unplayable soon, which they will.

D2r looks cute and detailed on top settings, but there is no reason and excuse for it to work so bad - how could You even compare it looks to Doom which run around quadrilion times smoother ; D

… I wish You good luck in making improvements.

1 Like